Going through the side...
1. Jake Mullaney (Solid looked like a handy back up last year)
2. Ken Sio (Plenty of promise)
3. Ryan Morgan (with the experience gained last year I think he has really improved)
4. Willie Tonga (On name should be a superstar, could reclaim the form)
5. Cheyse Blair (A potent attacking weapon at times)
6. Luke Kelly (Really looked great guiding the side around last year)
7. Chris Sandow (Had a bad year but he can bounce back)
8. Darcy Lussick (Aggressive and strong)
9. Matt Keating (Underrated the amount of work he gets through will top tackle counts without Hindy)
10. Tim Mannah (Needs to develop a passing game or sidestep but solid)
11. Matt Ryan (Made a huge leap forward last year)
12. Daniel Harrison (I rate him as a future talent)
13. Joseph Paulo (We all saw what he can do to teams if he gets support)
14. Ben Roberts (Meh...But when he attacks at 5/8 with Hayne, he looked good)
15. Fuifui Moimoi (What can you say, he scares tanks)
16. Mitch Allgood (Still developing...could be his year to take the next step)
17. Ken Edwards (Big wraps on this guy)
I think this is a potential top 8 side and if they all have a big year could be top 4 with the guys left out of the trial.
Our 2009 side on paper had a similar look. They weren't superstars.
B smith / Reni adds some experience to pack. Also most of our side is young and they are likely to improve as they get more experience .
Agree with your thoughts - I think one of the positives of our side, is the backline has a lot of natural attacking / scoring ability - this is something you cant really coach into a player. But the other major component of league - defence is definitely something a good coach can fix . I am hopefully rick will fix up our defence big time compared to last year , if this happens anything is possible with a side with Hayne/tonga/sandow/Paulo in it .