What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El Masri RE-SIGNS

Pierced Soul

First Grade
it's like spinal tap - "that was the cue to turn on the house lights to tell the audience they're the 6th member of the freakin band"
"we're trying to gring a ray of sunshine into their dull little lives"

jed

First Grade
:lol:

It's not like the Bulldogs could have thought of it on their own. I'd figured they'd seen Crowe/PHaC's emails and jumped in first, but Spinal Tap makes more sense.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm sorry, I've forgotten Jed... what's the average crowd figure down Canberra way?

We've got a much more competitive market, yet we're still introducing initiatives, however cheesy or lame, to try to bring more people through the gates.

Timmah

Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
how the heck is retiring a jersey need to have a day for their fans to think that SOMEONE just retired.

doggies club just BURNED their team

In English?

jed

First Grade
Timmah said:
I'm sorry, I've forgotten Jed... what's the average crowd figure down Canberra way?

We've got a much more competitive market, yet we're still introducing initiatives, however cheesy or lame, to try to bring more people through the gates.
What the **** does that have to do with anything? Canberra's not being discussed here, it's the bulldogs. How about everyone tell you your opinion's not valid on other non-bulldog related topics because of your team's off-field strife over the last 10 years???

Go back to being the unofficial forum cop.

Timmah

Staff member
You're criticising my club, what stops me from criticising yours? I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about a cheesy initiative... there are far bigger issues in RL.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Pierced Soul said:
it's like spinal tap - "that was the cue to turn on the house lights to tell the audience they're the 6th member of the freakin band"
"we're trying to bring a ray of sunshine into their dull little lives"

:lol: :lol:
ohhh so apt... gold

The Preacher

First Grade
Big jumpers like the Dragons, retiring jumpers like the Bunnies !!!! :roll:
When Bullfrog was running the show, they were the Innovators, now with Noad, they're the Masturbaters !!

Tom Shines

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
That was when SL brought those ridiculous chose your own number style.

I think with Soccer, you can have any number you want. I remember a couple of years a club stopped using I think number 25, cause the player using that number died.
That was Manchester City, who retired the number 23 after Marc Vivien Foe died on pitch due to a heart attack in a match for Cameroon v France. Our team retired the number 13 when one of our players died. I can totally understand that.

But this is cheap PR BS.

Timmah

Staff member
The Preacher said:
Big jumpers like the Dragons, retiring jumpers like the Bunnies !!!! :roll:
When Bullfrog was running the show, they were the Innovators, now with Noad, they're the Masturbaters !!

Nothing wrong with a good wanky publicity stunt ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs Ring of Champions
1 Apr 2007, 1:00pm

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs announced the inaugural inductees into the Bulldogs Ring Of Champions today.

In front of 200 former Berries and Bulldogs first graders and a huge crowd at Telstra Stadium, former NSW Premier and Bulldogs supporter John Fahey announced the names that would be the first group chosen into this 'Dogs hall of fame.

The players are: Chris Anderson, Ron Bailey, Greg Brentnall, Eddie Burns, Steve Folkes, David Gillespie, John Greaves, Les Johns, Peter Kelly, Roy Kirkaldy, Terry Lamb, Steve Mortimer, Chris Mortimer, Edgar Newham, George Peponis, Henry Porter, Steve Price, Kevin Ryan and Frank Sponberg.

The players names were also unveiled around Telstra Stadium where they will be displayed at all Bulldogs home games.

These inaugural inductees into the Bulldogs Ring of Champions made up the Bulldogs 70 Year Team which was selected in 2004.

http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=851

Timmah

Staff member
HAZEM SIGNS FOR TWO MORE YEARS
14TH APR 2007 @ 9:24PM

Bulldogs point-scoring wizard Hazem El Masri has signed with the club for a further two years.

El Masri will remain a Bulldog until the end of 2009 after announcing his re-signing before his 250th first grade game tonight.

After 10 years of first grade football for the club, Hazem is now the Bulldogs highest point scorer and try scorer with 1,874 and 129 respectively.

Hazem is placed 3rd on the club's first grade games list with 250. He became only the second player to have played 300 club games for the Bulldogs last season - the other his coach Steve Folkes, who played 313 games for the Bulldogs across all grades.

The 31-year-old from Tripoli in Lebanon made his way to Australia at the age of 10. He quickly developed a liking towards Rugby League and with his soccer background he managed to form the sharp-shooting right boot we witness today.

Hazem joined the club in 1995 as a 19-year-old fullback.

In all, he has played 18 Jersey Flegg games (or equivalent), 30 Premier League games (or reserve grade equivalent), seven World Club Challenge games and 245 first grade games.

It would be hard to argue with someone claiming Hazem El Masri to be the best goal kicker the game has ever seen. In his 300 games, the 30-year-old has scored 163 tries and kicked 669 goals for a total of 1,990 points and is a Life Member of the Football Club.

In 2004, Hazem was nominated for the Berries to Bulldogs 70 Year Team of Champions.

Other Bulldogs records racked up by Hazem El Masri include:

* Most points in a first grade game: 34 (four tries, nine goals) v Wests Tigers - Round 2, 2006.
* Most tries in first grade: He is currently on 129 - breaking Terry Lamb's previous record of 123.
* Most tries for the club: 164 - 41 more than Terry Lamb's 123.
* Most goals in first grade: He is currently on 679 goals which broke Daryl Halligan's previous record of 630 goals.
* Most points in first grade: 1874 points (129t, 679 g).
* Most club points: 2,034 pts.
* Most club goals: 689 - breaking Daryl Halligan's previous record of 665.
* Most consecutive goals in first grade: 35 - set during Round 23, 2003 vs Manly.

http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=895

:crazy:

Latest posts