What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El Masri RE-SIGNS

TGM

Juniors
http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=845

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs announced today the retirement of the number 18 jersey. This jersey will no longer be worn by any Bulldogs player in any grade of football.

A giant 18 jersey will be displayed at all Bulldogs home games at Telstra Stadium as a permanent reminder to everyone of the contribution of Bulldogs fans.

I think I am gonna puke. What a lame and pathetic little publicity stunt - especially coming from the Dogs. Surely the marketing guys could have come up with something better.

TGM

Juniors
Timmah said:
Says a Raiders fan? :|

hehe, actually I edited my post, but I assume you are referring to my comment about their time being better spent fixing the teams performance rather then coming up with inane crap like this. Yeh the raiders need to lift their game - i've never denied that, but they arn't much further down the ladder then you guys - were both scraping the bottom of the barrel LOL

At least they havent come out with corny sh*t like this - If they did then I would be truely embarrassed. :oops:

mattyg

Bench
TGM said:
hehe, actually I edited my post, but I assume you are referring to my comment about their time being better spent fixing the teams performance rather then coming up with inane crap like this. Yeh the raiders need to lift their game - i've never denied that, but they arn't much further down the ladder then you guys - were both scraping the bottom of the barrel LOL

At least they havent come out with corny sh*t like this - If they did then I would be truely embarrassed. :oops:

Coaching staff/players and management do different jobs in case you aren't aware...its not as if the players have taken time off training to come up with this idea. In fact, we completed a training session this morning THEN made the press conference to tell the public about this idea...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As I said... even with the posted edited... coming from a Raiders fan?

We were the second highest crowd-pulling club from the 9 in the Sydney basin in 2006, and we're still taking on initiatives to bring more in.

Your club has had one big initiative to pull a crowd in in the last 5 years (last year the charity idea and for the big 6 final home game). Your management was smart about it, and it worked. Maybe they should keep pushing.

innsaneink

Referee
Whats a raiders fans clubs marketing initiatives got to do with his opinon THIS is a lame futile exercise, he's right, it is!

C.P

Juniors
The idea behind the jersey im pretty sure was the club wanted a way to cover the empty upper areas in Telstra at ordinary home games so it didnt look so bare.
The marketing idea is a much more warm and fuzzy way to say look what we got made to cover the empty stand.
In saying all that though I think it'll look good and give the fans a bit of pride like a permanent mascot/sign, it'll also (hopefully) make Telstra look and feel more like a home ground (if thats at all possible)

Canard

Immortal
I think the idea is great.

The gimmicky way they said there would be a "retirement annoucement" wasn't.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
taxidriver said:
if there was a "having a pull" emoticon, i'd be using it here

wank.gif

There you go.

Timmah

Staff member
innsaneink said:
Whats a raiders fans clubs marketing initiatives got to do with his opinon THIS is a lame futile exercise, he's right, it is!

And the harm in doing it?

FMD, not even your club. Talk about precious :lol:

jed

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
That was when SL brought those ridiculous chose your own number style.

I think with Soccer, you can have any number you want. I remember a couple of years a club stopped using I think number 25, cause the player using that number died.
Players choosing their own number is not such a bad idea, in fact I'm in favour of it.

From the fan's perspective, you can safely choose what number you want on your jersey, safe in the knowledge that your favorite player will take to the field wearing it, week in, week out. And from the club's perspective, it allows them to pay a permenant tribute to the game's greats by actually retiring a number. Imagine in a few years time if Joey's number was retired permenantly, never again would a player take to the field in a Knights jersey with a 7 on the back.

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Hmmmm.... a retirement announcement - I can only assume Hazem. No deal done as yet, and no purported interest from other clubs... this will be his swansong I think.

Some of your best work Tossah. Danny Weidler is under no threat.
El Masri on the verge of signing a 2 yr deal with the Silky Terriors.

ByRd

First Grade
so let em get this right, people on here are the first to complain and have a whinge when there is no marketing done in the NRL and in helping to attract new fans and make fans feel apart of the game and make the game day more enjoyable. The dogs have done something positive but people are still whinging loll its pathetic and sad to see. Good works doggies for doing something to make fans feel special no matter how cheesy it might seem, i like the idea and look forward to being there on sunday when the celebrations happen, once again well done dogs.

Timmah

Staff member
Done. Now you stick to flaming anyone you don't like, trolling the NRL forum, and playing the keyboard hero.

Goodnight! :nwave:

Latest posts