What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Election 2012 PDRLFC

Suitman

Post Whore
Thought it was time to start this thread considering the election is coming up in less than a month.
Can't see any info on the official website with regards who the nominees are.
I believe the current board are running a ticket with Spagnolo, Libertini, Sasson, EGS, EGJ, Ray Price and one other (can't remember who).

I also believe there is a ticket running from T.O.S.

Also a few Independents including Tony Anstee (Bongo) and then there is the Steve Sharp group which I believe has 4 nominees.

Can anyone shed any more light on this issue?

Also, it must be noted that the rules of LU should be strictly adhered to when replying to this thread, and this thread http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=372003 MUST be taken into account.

Cheers, Suity

bartman

Immortal
A very comprehensive run-down of known nominees Suity.

Is T.O.S. what you are calling the Phil Sims group?

Certainly a lot of choice there for members to vote for a selection of candidates from among these various groups, who (put together) could bring the best mix of skills and perspectives to run our PJRLC.

Kudos to all of those who are running.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thought it was time to start this thread considering the election is coming up in less than a month.
Can't see any info on the official website with regards who the nominees are.
I believe the current board are running a ticket with Spagnolo, Libertini, Sasson, EGS, EGJ, Ray Price and one other (can't remember who).

I also believe there is a ticket running from T.O.S.

Also a few Independents including Tony Anstee (Bongo) and then there is the Steve Sharp group which I believe has 4 nominees.

Can anyone shed any more light on this issue?

Also, it must be noted that the rules of LU should be strictly adhered to when replying to this thread, and this thread http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=372003 MUST be taken into account.

Cheers, Suity

Sid Kelly is the guy you failed to mention..

bartman

Immortal
And current incumbents of the PDRLC (Football Club) are:

Roy Spagnolo OAM (Chairman)
Sid Kelly (Deputy Chairman)
Eric Grothe Snr.
Robert Sassen
Ray Price OAM
John Kolc
Stephen Sharp

http://www.parraeels.com.au/staff-list-eels

From memory Kolc and Sharp were appointments to the Board sometime after December 2010, following the resignation of two elected Directors?

And from memory three of the Directors are appointed by/from the Leagues Club Board? Meaning only four positions are open to direct election by members in December... meaning regardless of the result Spagnolo. Kelly and Grothe Snr will retain their places until the April LC Board elections?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't have any involvement or any knowledge of what's going on in the junior league. Is it being run well? Is everyone happy?

Stagger eel

Staff member
A very comprehensive run-down of known nominees Suity.

Is T.O.S. what you are calling the Phil Sims group?

Certainly a lot of choice there for members to vote for a selection of candidates from among these various groups, who (put together) could bring the best mix of skills and perspectives to run our PJRLC.

Kudos to all of those who are running.

there is a Parrafirst group ticket involving the following candidates.

Matt Holier
Steve Sharp
Phil Simm
Lawrence Shepherd
Tom Issa
Steve Sarkis

not confirmed just what i heard...

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Stags.

Two of those surnames have come up before in local government elections nearby...

Suitman

Post Whore
It begs the question from 3P (for want of a better title - incumbants maybe?) what EGJ has to offer at a board level?
Excuse my cynicism at this nomination, but..........??

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I'm sure we'll receive the candidates' statements/publicity from all groups about what they';d bring to the FC Board shortly.... But in EGJ's case, I guess he's an ex-footballer (as were Price, Kenny and EGS at the previous elections), and that tactic seemed to work well among the membership.

For running a football/juniors club, I think out of 7 places on a Board, an ex-footballer or two might be able to bring something more to the board than say a real estate developer (if you already have others with a business brain like Kelly on deck)? Maybe the tactic is to knock off Kolc and Sharp's spots with a younger, more popular ex-footballing candidate?

Stagger eel

Staff member
And current incumbents of the PDRLC (Football Club) are:

Roy Spagnolo OAM (Chairman)
Sid Kelly (Deputy Chairman)
Eric Grothe Snr.
Robert Sassen
Ray Price OAM
John Kolc
Stephen Sharp

http://www.parraeels.com.au/staff-list-eels

From memory Kolc and Sharp were appointments to the Board sometime after December 2010, following the resignation of two elected Directors?

And from memory three of the Directors are appointed by/from the Leagues Club Board? Meaning only four positions are open to direct election by members in December... meaning regardless of the result Spagnolo. Kelly and Grothe Snr will retain their places until the April LC Board elections?

again, not confirmed at this stage but I believe that John Kolc won't stand for re-election as he recently moved to Ballina.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm sure we'll receive the candidates' statements/publicity from all groups about what they';d bring to the FC Board shortly.... But in EGJ's case, I guess he's an ex-footballer (as were Price, Kenny and EGS at the previous elections), and that tactic seemed to work well among the membership.

For running a football/juniors club, I think out of 7 places on a Board, an ex-footballer or two might be able to bring something more to the board than say a real estate developer (if you already have others with a business brain like Kelly on deck)? Maybe the tactic is to knock off Kolc and Sharp's spots with a younger, more popular ex-footballing candidate?

No problem with ex-footballers on the board but we already have some of those. Do we need more? Particularly one who said football wasn't the most important thing in his life?

Suity