What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Election 2012 PDRLFC

bartman

Immortal
you may be better served to do some research before you start blaming me for the cause of inter-site squabbles and once you've done ya research you may then understand where I'm coming from...or else, there's always the ignore button sunshine ;-)
I didn't blame you as the cause Staggs, don't take it over-personally and read the words carefully. I'm pointing out that you choosing to continue inter-site bullshit with posts like the one above (as a mod) is probably doing the opposite of settling these squabbles, and is an example of the possible explanation for why we are seen as we are.
Have you heard some of the garbage posted on the other site you 3P stooge???? Because that's what you are by posting on here :lol:

They even abuse you over there once they find out you post on LU :crazy:
Yep, that's kind of exactly what I'm talking about in my opinion about Stagg's post above that only serves to bring stuff from another site onto this one. I thought once upon a time doing that was considered against the guidelines here, but he seems to want to keep defending it so I guess we get what we (or our mods) reap?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I didn't blame you as the cause Staggs, don't take it over-personally and read the words carefully. I'm pointing out that you choosing to continue inter-site bullshit with posts like the one above (as a mod) is probably doing the opposite of settling these squabbles, and is an example of the possible explanation for why we are seen as we are.

even having this discusion with you is making me :lol:....

either do some research or just ignore me...it's that simple.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I haven't read anything in this thread so far, but just wondering what you guys think of nospam46?

Just went and read some of the stuff on there, seems like a bunch of Fitzy-fest morons? Seriously, can't they get over the fact they lost fair and square without all the conspiracy theories.

What do you all reckon about those imbeciles?

Delboy

First Grade
To be honest the problem they have is agenda from a couple of them ( Parra Power aaarrgghhh)

It has become even more negative than LU :), but I find it tough to go there as it is mainly anti 3P and no substance

Indeed, but Fitzy also pressed about who was the company secretary, as Geoff Gerard was named as the secretary, but apparently so was Bob Bentley, and Fitzy stated the constitution has no provisions for two company secretaries. Then there was the whole question as to who was our (PDRLC)'s elected representative to the NSWRL, and bought up that Geoff was an elected board member but removed himself from that position to be our representative to the NSWRL and had not once passed on anything to the PDRLC from the NSWRL.

So I have received some follow up on this. Now most of what I was told is for the most part unsubstantiated by printed news media articles, so I will go with what we can substantiate, from previous posts and records.

1) Geoff Gerard and Dr Michael Johnson were elected to the Football club board in 2008, at this time so were John Chidiac, Ray Price, Eric Grothe Snr Brett Kenny, and Ron Hilditch.

2) Both Gerard and Johnson served their terms on the board, and nominated for the 2010 election cycle.

3) The Vote was to be held as was tradition before the meeting and to be declared during the meeting.

4) When we arrived for the meeting, we were told that nominees Gerard and Johnson had removed themselves from the vote, so had nominees Cayless and Libertini, leaving 7 directors, Roy Spagnolo (who replaced Chidiac in 2009 by virtue of being LC chairman), Sid Kelly (Who replaced Hilditch 2010 by virtue of being LC Vice Chair), Robert Sassan (who replaced Kenny 2010), Ray Price, Eric Grothe Snr, Steve Sharp and John Kolc (replacing Johnson and Gerard), meaning there was no need for the election.

5) At that AGM, we were told that Dr Johnson had been nominated for a VP role at the NSWRL, and that Mr. Gerard would be our representative to the NSWRL.

6) An objection was raised as to how can Mr. Gerard be a representative to the NSWRL if he is not a director of the club, as our two representatives need to be the club Secretary and a director (nominated at the first board meeting).

So this now bring us back to this year. Apparently for the last two years we have had 2 company secretaries, Bob Bentley and Geoff Gerard.

Companies can have more than one company secretary, but I would need to read our club constitution to verify what it says about the company secretary.