What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electronic throttle control

bileduct

Coach
Ok, so I finally ended up replacing my old Falcon EF Mk2 with a FG Mk2 G6E.

After driving it around for a few weeks thinking I'd get used to moving from a cable throttle to one of the newer fly-by-wire throttles, it ain't happening. The car is either slow to launch or I end up mashing the pedal and hitting high revs. The EF Mk2 used to just take off instantly at the lights, now I'm back to crawling along with all the other f**kers.

A bit of research has led to some after-market mods that are available, but I was interested in the thoughts of others here and the potential pitfalls to look out for, etc.

McLovin

Staff member
The fly-by-wire throttle control used to shit me. One of my previous cars was a VE SS Commodore and like you, did some research into ways of improving or eliminating the 'dead zone' you feel when you press the pedal. There are a couple of options I found. The first and more expensive option is tuning it. I took mine to a performance shop where it underwent some engine work and a tune and he did wonders with the throttle lag.

The other option is buying a throttle controller. You're probably looking at about $200-$300 for a decent controller (I bought mine through Revhigh and i'm pretty certain they sell them to suit the FG Falcon as well) and installing it yourself.. pretty easy install. The throttle controllers will eliminate the lag all together and you'll be quite shocked at the before and after. Quite a cheap mod for the difference it makes and you can change the settings on them from economy to performance at the touch of a button. Well worth it imo.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Thanks mate, is that the RevHigh Stealth Controller you're talking about? That was the one I was looking at after reading some suggestions elsewhere so I think I'll lay down the $275 and grab it.

The lag is a pretty big negative at the moment.

McLovin

Staff member
Yep, it's the Stealth controller Revhigh sell. Either look up the RevHigh facebook page and ask away through there or you could also look up Alex Revhigh or Joseph Revhigh... those two will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Can't fault them, I had about 2000 questions when I was buying and they were very professional.