What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elliot Should Go Now!!

cooba

Juniors
The greatest defeat ever!! No one listens to his half -time tirade. Psychology tells you the players will look at him and not take a thing in: "He's going why should we care". For the sake of the season tell him to go,take Jenno with him. I hope I'm wrong.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I have to say, I'm not sad to see Jenno go. From what I've gathered his training methods leave a lot to be desired.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yehim starting to thionk he should go to.... not so much caus of the result... but will he really care about the result...his future starts with what he can do next year not this year... no pressure on him whatsoever.

Elliott shouldnt be getting all the blame for the loss. The heat was a major reason and you could see how tired all the Raiders were after around 20 minutes. Look at our attack, we still went up the other side of the field to score 5 tries in the second half. To score 32 points was very good from us, especially with such a young team.

Im hoping John Lang is coach next season!A top coach (Out of the blue like Elliott to Penrith) and he'll possibly bring over a few Panthers.

macavity

Referee
Raiders_Champion said:
Elliott shouldnt be getting all the blame for the loss. The heat was a major reason and you could see how tired all the Raiders were after around 20 minutes. Look at our attack, we still went up the other side of the field to score 5 tries in the second half. To score 32 points was very good from us, especially with such a young team.

Im hoping John Lang is coach next season!A top coach (Out of the blue like Elliott to Penrith) and he'll possibly bring over a few Panthers.

good post dude. the heat effected both teams in D - and in a run'n'gun game we were always going to destroy you with our halves. scoreline is no indication of either team in the middle of winter, esp @ bruce.

I think you guys should go after lang or ando, and will prob end up with ando. what panthers would u want though - bar gowie and maybe lewis/rooney no one they have is going to add much to your team.

Lewis and/or Rooney would be the preferred choices. Very strong, adding much needed speed out wide with Graham.They come off contract in 2008 though.

Boing Boing

Juniors
It was 70 points, but if we win next week, or the week after, nobody will remember.

If we had won, people would be saying "It's only round 2, we can still get the sppon as all the other teams are working out combinations"

Because we have lost, people are talking as if it's the end of the season. Let's all get over it and look to next week.

A newie supporter was getting really stuck into a Raiders supporter at teh front of Bay 72 on Sunday, due to the scoreline and he stood up all on his own, took off his raiders had and pointed to the badge saying "This is what it's all about mate, the passion for your jumper no matter what... Were you still there this time last year???" That Newie supporter didn't say another word.

I'll be there next week. Go the fookin greens!!!

I'll be supporting my lads no matter how badly they play.

Shaydz

Juniors
That was the one thing (apart from our defence) that I was disappointed about.

I have never seen a mass exodus of Fans at a raiders game, unless it was the opposition.

I am a firm believer of staying until the bitter end, and on Saturday it was pretty bitter, but we were there through all three games until the end.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh im not over the season bu a long shot

and im ready to get in for another game and hopefully our next win next week against the roosters

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Shaydz said:
That was the one thing (apart from our defence) that I was disappointed about.

I have never seen a mass exodus of Fans at a raiders game, unless it was the opposition.

I am a firm believer of staying until the bitter end, and on Saturday it was pretty bitter, but we were there through all three games until the end.

Yeah same. I think alot of people stayed because the Raiders were actually still scoring tries. I mean 32 points is enough to beat most sides.

skeepe

Immortal
Shaydz said:

Ahh, those were the days, when the opposition fans would leave with 10-15 to go.

I went to a match at Kogarah Oval in around 2003 I think it was... Dragons vs Cowboys, before the Cowboys were good. Cowboys ended up winning 36-16. About 10 minutes into the second half, everybody left! There would have been about 2,000 people left in the place come fulltime (12,000 turned up).

I was absolutely amazed that the Dragons fans would leave with a full 30 minutes to play. Win, lose or draw I never leave a game until the very end.

Boing Boing

Juniors
I considered it on the weekend, but then I thought, what kind of example am I setting to the rest of the newcomers to the RA, that they should leave a game early if we aren't winning?

Raider_69

Post Whore
it was very tempting last weekend but IMO ya gotta stick it out, even when ya getting smashed by 40 odd :(

skeepe

Immortal
For me, it was like watching a car crash... sure it's gruesome, but for some reason you just can't look away.

griffo346

First Grade
hey hey guys give the bloke some respect think over the years he has battled a major injury list meaning you have part timers from prem league playing and also you havent really had any big names go there of late

i know when i found out that elliott was comming to penrith i was like oh crap but i have sat back and thought well IMO we have a better squad then canberra maybe he can make somthing out of his coaching career

as for replacement coach u guys will get sticky :D

Latest posts