What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embarrassing

DevilDragon said:
I have no idea who or what started the petty fued between the two groups of supporters but it has the potential to tear the club apart.

Well if as you say you just accepted it because you had to then that should be no great tragedy for you. :?

Southernsaint

Staff member
sethman75 said:
Just get over it and admit that without the JV, the Saints of old would be no more than makeweights in the comp, midtable at best, just as the Steelers probably would be if still around.
[/quote]

LMAO - what are Saints at the moment??

Southernsaint said:
sethman75 said:
Just get over it and admit that without the JV, the Saints of old would be no more than makeweights in the comp, midtable at best, just as the Steelers probably would be if still around.

Who cares, the important thing is that we have the Jooooooniors....

Southernsaint

Staff member
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Southernsaint said:
sethman75 said:

Who cares, the important thing is that we have the Jooooooniors....

:lol: :lol:

Are you Millers, are you Millers, are you Millers in disgiuse??

drake

First Grade
My argument has nothing to do whether or not it (the JV) was a good idea or not, nor whether I believe that St George RLFC could stand on it's own.

My bitch is simply stop using the Illawarra half of the JV as an excuse for an insult. The coach is a St George boy, as is the CEO, and the bloke who threw the offload to no-where is a St George local, so is the faint heart who felt stale. St George RLFC also made the deal with Illawarra Steelers without consulting it's members.

So f**king what? The fault lays with St George Illawarra. Not Illawarra. Not St George.

Are you willing to witness bottom dwelling mediocrity to have a chance to see if the JV breaks, that maybe St George will get back in on it's own, and maybe they will perform well, and maybe they won't be the new Souths. Because of the 3 JVs created, ours is a story of brilliant success in comparison.

I'm not, but I'm a fecking apologist.

It quite simply makes the DA look like a bunch of sooky little girls that want to blame everyone else for a f**k up.

Jamesy

Juniors
:clap: :clap: :clap: Drake, thats what the message was in the opening post of the thread, not if the JV would break down, or if the teams could compete if standing alone. It was pointing out the fact that Illawarra gets the blame when the team is playing bad, and the St George side gets the praise when they are playing good.

ITS A 2-WAY STREET GUYS!!!

When the team is playing bad, the ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS are to blame, when the team is playing good, the ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS are the ones you have to praise.

FFS GUYS, WAKE UP, WE ARE ONE TEAM WITH ONE GOAL.......A PREMIERSHIP.

drake

First Grade
Daithi O'Conaill said:
drake said:
Because of the 3 JVs created, ours is a story of brilliant success in comparison.

Which goes to show what an utter wank of a concept it is.

That's beside the point Denis.

You guys are too worried about what we Had, and are kicking the crap out of what we've got, in the hope that it will become what we had.

It doesn't change the fact that slagging the Illawarra at games has no positive outcome besides causing more division in the supporter ranks. This will not affect any business decisions made in the board room.

Oh and it gives opposition supporters something else to bag us about after a game. You can't call every team cheating rapists.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
drake said:
My argument has nothing to do whether or not it (the JV) was a good idea or not, nor whether I believe that St George RLFC could stand on it's own.

My bitch is simply stop using the Illawarra half of the JV as an excuse for an insult. The coach is a St George boy, as is the CEO, and the bloke who threw the offload to no-where is a St George local, so is the faint heart who felt stale. St George RLFC also made the deal with Illawarra Steelers without consulting it's members.

So f***ing what? The fault lays with St George Illawarra. Not Illawarra. Not St George.

Are you willing to witness bottom dwelling mediocrity to have a chance to see if the JV breaks, that maybe St George will get back in on it's own, and maybe they will perform well, and maybe they won't be the new Souths. Because of the 3 JVs created, ours is a story of brilliant success in comparison.

I'm not, but I'm a fecking apologist.

It quite simply makes the DA look like a bunch of sooky little girls that want to blame everyone else for a f**k up.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Spot on, mate. Couldn't have put it better myself.

And Wez, you're dead right- ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL - A PREMIERSHIP!

Jamesy

Juniors
Just to add a bit of fuel to this fire, while people are bringing up the Juniors issue again, the Steelrs beat the Bulldogs in both Harold Mathews and SG Ball on Saturday. :clap:

Dakink

Bench
"This isn't 98 - the myth of the decline of the Stand Alone Sydney club and the rise of the merged Super Teams has been crushed.

Wake up."

MMM.... makes me wonder just how long some of the Sydney teams will be around. There talk of a few already in deep financial trouble and I would hate for my club to fold when they could have survived in a workable JV.

Makes me also wonder what the players think hearing a select group of idiots in the crowd bagging half the club, or where they may have come from!!!!

Red Bear

Referee
Wezman007 said:
alive103 said:
I had a run-in with a bloke wearing a Steelers Heritage jersey who was having a go at myself and others for not supporting them

And after that incident, i walked over to the guy wearing the steelers jersey and had to shake his hand. I applaud him. He said what many of us want to say top you guys everytime you start bagging the Illawarra.
That bloke didnt happen to have long hair did he?

Dakink said:
"This isn't 98 - the myth of the decline of the Stand Alone Sydney club and the rise of the merged Super Teams has been crushed.

Wake up."

MMM.... makes me wonder just how long some of the Sydney teams will be around. There talk of a few already in deep financial trouble and I would hate for my club to fold when they could have survived in a workable JV.

Yes, despite all evidence to the contrary let's say we had to merge to survive. :roll:

Where did that $8m St George threw into the Steelers Club come from? Did Geoff Carr just pull it out of his arse one day?

It was a merger of choice NOT necessity and that is what ticks a lot of people off. The fact that a very vocal group of people repeat a blatant and baseless lie to the contray does not make it true and will never make it so.

Over and out.

Jamesy

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Wezman007 said:
alive103 said:
I had a run-in with a bloke wearing a Steelers Heritage jersey who was having a go at myself and others for not supporting them

And after that incident, i walked over to the guy wearing the steelers jersey and had to shake his hand. I applaud him. He said what many of us want to say top you guys everytime you start bagging the Illawarra.
That bloke didnt happen to have long hair did he?

Nah mate, he didn't.

drake

First Grade
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Dakink said:

Wake up."

Yes, despite all evidence to the contrary let's say we had to merge to survive. :roll:

Where did that $8m St George threw into the Steelers Club come from? Did Geoff Carr just pull it out of his arse one day?

It was a merger of choice NOT necessity and that is what ticks a lot of people off. The fact that a very vocal group of people repeat a blatant and baseless lie to the contray does not make it true and will never make it so.

Over and out.

Just because the suits tell lies, you'll abuse the players and supporters when things go pear shaped?

Feck me, having trouble dealing with the corporate world, take it out on the bloke behind the counter, or the other customers.

Yes, our team (St George Dragons) was mutated to make more cash for the club in the long run, without it's members or supporters approval or disapproval.
Yes, the Illawarra Steelers were swallowed so they could continue as a team and a club.
We know all the facts yadda yadda ad nauseum, but what has this to do with the 17 blokes playing rugby league? Why are they "Come on you Saints", Everywhere we go, when they rip it up, and "Are you Steelers" when they suck?
They're neither at the moment. They're Dragons.

And making the team you support despise the DA as a group, is this the plan?
Will they go to Doust and say "Geez Pete, the DA are right. We played like Steelers today. Which is Baaaaad. Let's destroy the merger!"?

I know the coaching staff love certain members of the DA.

Support the team the way you want, it's your entry fee.

Just stop justifying it to the rest of us.

You don't have what you want, and you're going to bitch until you get it.
That's your perogative folks, I hope you don't mind if we shake our heads in embarrassment.
Following a team around the globe doesn't make you the law of supporting the team.
I don't doubt your passion, but I doubt it is any less than mine. Just different.

What are you talking about. I'm merely correcting BLATANT LIES about recent history.

You dont dispute that they are lies so where is the arguement here?

drake

First Grade
I know what you're saying Daithi, and I agree.
But I'm trying to steer the debate back to it's origins; the behaviour of the Dragon Army when things don't go their way, and the pointlessness of decrying the Illawarra part of the merger when the going get's tough. I don't see how that affects what has been done, nor how it affects those that make the decisions.
Mate, I'm replying to you because yourself and SouthernSaint are the most vocal anti-merger posters in this forum, and have an active part in the army, as far as I know.

But I suppose the biggest gripe I have is it's so hard to agree with people I've shared a team with for 25 years (on my part)

But although it bothers me that fellow Dragons supporters heap shit on our team and it's players as a matter of course, it fills me with rage when the anti-Saint George Steeler boys get going.

BTW, If you think I'm long winded in text, pity my poor family; all my kids are developing selective deafness.

Well mate you have your opinion and I have mine. I dont like being at odds with fellow supporters either, that's the hand we've been dealt by the footballing gods.

I wouldn't ever attempt to apologise for the fact that the Army is pro-Saints. I think it's f***ing great.

But at the same time, a lot of the stuff written about it on the Internet is exaggerated to the ninth degree.

Really, they're all top blokes. If I'd never met them and just read what people on message boards wrote I'd probably think they had horns.

Lisa

Southernsaint said:
drake said:
Typical of the Dragon Elite Social Club.
I don't care how you sell it Ben and Denis, that kind of sh*t is pathetic, and just makes the opposition supporters laugh. The Bullcheats would rip someone's throat out of they were to support the Dogs the way the "army" supports the modern Dragons.
I'm sure I've heard people in army ask "Where's Changa."
Living in the past.

Drake, I was in the thick of it last night & didn't see anyone spit on their Dragons shirt. Maybe I was too busy watching a half-decent fightback.

I did see one mad Saints fan moon a whole bunch of C*nterbury supporters though ;-)

LOL Unfortunately for my eyes they saw that too.

drake

First Grade
Chucking a browneye at the enemy is a great Celtic tradition.
Just watch Braveheart. :lol:

Latest posts