What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of 2021 season report cards

Gronk

Staff member
They went pretty good, the season was fine. I thought it was yet another season of missed opportunities once again. But rise young Penisini and the Papanator were my highlights. Plus beating the Scum twice.
See that wasn't hard ? šŸ˜œ I'd also throw in the rise of young Rheed into a top shelf rake and Moses growing into a must keep 7 that other clubs can only dream of having.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gutherson - B
Sivo - C
Opacic - C+
Waqa - B-
Penisini - B
Dunster - C+
Fergo - C
Moses - A -
Brown - B -
RCG - A
MAHONEY- A-
Jnr- B+
Lane - B-
Matto- B-
Papa - A+
N.Brown - B-
Marata- B+
Cartwright - C
Kafusi - C
Stone - C+
W.Smith - C
Not a bad effort that Mr Hindy 111.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lost?? Iā€™ve been a no on the merkin since 2018 unlike all the flip flopping merkins in here. And I have seen nothing since then to change my mind. This season proved to me even more heā€™s not the man to lead us to the promised land. Still so many rookie errors for an 8 year coach. Heā€™s not the guy.
Letā€™s give Luke Burt a shot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Letā€™s give Luke Burt a shot.
Well all the requirements to become a coach at this club is to bleed blue and gold, Burty can do that. Letā€™s give him an 8 year contract and if he does f**k all we can give him another 3 just because. What have we got to lose??

Gronk

Staff member
Well all the requirements to become a coach at this club is to bleed blue and gold, Burty can do that. Letā€™s give him an 8 year contract and if he does f**k all we can give him another 3 just because. What have we got to lose??
You can't help yourself, can you ?

-WHnWE.gif

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Shave him down. Sign him up. Smartest thing youā€™ve said in years.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It went down hill for me in year 11 for reasons I can not mention. šŸš¬
I sorted all of that out in years 9 and 10. Got bored by the time I was 15.

Would make a guest appearance at the odd party but mainly stayed home and watched Hey Hey its Saturday and the Late Show. Got shitty if I missed an episode of the Late Show.

Gronk

Staff member
Some merkin from The Roar

Parramatta Eels ā€“ sixth
Every year is going to be their year, and then, itā€™s not. Itā€™s been 35 years without a premiership, so anything outside of winning the grand final looks like failure.

Many fans are starting to agree with Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights ā€“ ā€œIf youā€™re not first, youā€™re lastā€. They were so close this year, and I believe very unlucky to not get the win over the Panthers in the second week of the finals.

What Went Right In 2021?
Isaiah Papaliā€™i was just on fire. He had a sensational season, played in 25 games, made just under 1500 post contact metres and had a tackle efficiency of 94.2per cent. All of which earnt him the Dally M Award for Second Rower of the Year, as well as Parramattaā€™s Player of the Year Award.

The usual suspects went well. Captain Clint Gutherson was electric in attack and seemed to be everywhere. Mitchell Moses continued to grow in confidence, and Reed Mahoney was fantastic all year before he was injured.

Youngsters Haze Dunster and Will Penisini stepped up and did not disappoint. Junior Paulo was a wrecking ball, Maiko Siva was unstoppable, and Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Nathan Brown were consistently strong up the middle.
Their season will also be remembered for beating the Melbourne Storm twice.

And special mention goes to Jake Arthurā€™s debut. When he and his dad Coach Brad Arthur embraced and cried together after the game, if that didnā€™t pull at the heartstrings nothing will.

What Went Wrong In 2021?
You just never knew which team is going to get off the bus.

Like always, the Eels started off the season well, winning their first four games, but they seemed to really lose their way in the second half of the year. The Eels had four losses in a row, including a 56-10 thumping at the hands of Manly, and a 40-12 one against Souths.

Gutherson talking down to his players on the field was not a good look, rumours of infighting started to circle, as well as the security of coach Brad Arthurā€™s position.

Loosing Reed Mahoney towards the back end of the season hurt. He was one of the stars for the team all year, and young Ray Stone and Will Smith just couldnā€™t quite fill the void.

Many believe that Arthur made the wrong call in the elimination final against Penrith by starting Shaun Lane instead of Papaliā€™i. As earlier mentioned, he was the Dally M Second Rower of the year, and he played just 35 minutes at prop.

And Blake Fergusonā€™s starring role in the motion picture ā€œPretending to be Injuredā€ was just woeful.

What They Need Most in 2022?
To play at the end of the season the same way they do at the start of the season.

Dylan Brown also needs to aim up. Moses needs a five-eighth to run the ball and take some pressure off him.

And hopefully with Brad Arthur signing on for a few more years, that will help settle the team.

2022 Crystal Ball
They will finish comfortably in the top eight, but after that who knows. They are a team that should have some silverware from this century, but just canā€™t seem to bring it all together when it counts.

But if you ask an Eels supporter, they will tell you with certainty, ā€œ2022 will be our year!ā€

Bandwagon

Staff member
we got a B

Yet the Roosters got an A-, their only win against the eventual top four sides was Manly in the first round when the were Turbo-less and rudderless, and their finals record was a one point win against the eighth paced Titans and a thrashing at the hands of Manly.

Meanwhile we beat the storm twice, and pushed the eventual premiers twice to lose by 1 and 2 points respectively.

I guess they got points for the adversity of only having around 8-10 rep players to pick from week in week out.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yet the Roosters got an A-, their only win against the eventual top four sides was Manly in the first round when the were Turbo-less and rudderless, and their finals record was a one point win against the eighth paced Titans and a thrashing at the hands of Manly.

Meanwhile we beat the storm twice, and pushed the eventual premiers twice to lose by 1 and 2 points respectively.

I guess they got points for the adversity of only having around 8-10 rep players to pick from week in week out.
They were very brave though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Mighty Roosters were the Brave little engine that couple, down to 9 just nine internationals in their last game. Simply inspirational!!!

Latest posts