What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

england 4nations injuries

roughyedspud

Coach
sam burgess - missed most of the season

gareth ellis - surprise surprise he needs surgery after the season

ben westwood - done his knee at the weekend out for the rest of the season

so thats our first choice backrow...and the 1st choice replacement backrower gone

anyone know of anyone else thats gone??

Sam_the_man

First Grade
sam burgess - missed most of the season

gareth ellis - surprise surprise he needs surgery after the season

ben westwood - done his knee at the weekend out for the rest of the season

so thats our first choice backrow...and the 1st choice replacement backrower gone

anyone know of anyone else thats gone??

As long as there are no more injuries then England will at least be in a better situation than you were in last years 4N when you were killed by a large injury count before a ball was kicked.

roughyedspud

Coach
adrian morley is still out with vision problems and it's reported in this mornings press that he's unlikely to play again this season.

Last edited:

NRLMad

Juniors
I just don't understand why they can't blood more England grown players? I know that they are largely assisting all ther other countries around Europe etc - bu why do the ESL clubs sign some pretty useless aussies? I mean some of the players are good, but maybe 30-40% are not that great. More players should be encouraged to come to Australia.

Maybe the NRL U20s and ESL Juniors could swap home for 2 years - 2 from each club per year,

Didgi

Kallum Watkins assisted from the field last night for Leeds. .Commentators were saying his cup dream is over, but I'd think he'd be unlucky not to be back in time for the 4 Nations depending on the severity.

roughyedspud

Coach
Yeah because you've had so many talented halves in the last 20 years lol.

and you've only had bleeding 2.....benji marshall and stacy jones.........i'll give you gary freeman too if you want to go back 25+years

and for the record PAUL SCULTHORPE was the best 6 we've had since schofield.......though give widdop time and yeah he could be up there.....but not after 1 season in the NRL...thats why i said it's a big call

I want to put 50 on these useless Poms.

ahahahhhahahahah if you could'nt put 50 on us at home you've got f**ks chance of doing it in england.....in fact the nearest either of us have come to sticking 50 on the other was when we tanked you 44-0

you are'nt australia and never will be.....so come down a step or 2 before you hurt yourself sunshine :lol:

Last edited:

Sam_the_man

First Grade
They've still got Gareth Widdop, James Graham & James Roby.

Widdop is the best english 5/8 since Schofield.

Yeah i was thiking the same thing the other day watching Widdop. Outstanding young talent that could be up there with the likes of Benji and Lockyer given time.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
and you've only had bleeding 2.....benji marshall and stacy jones.........i'll give you gary freeman too if you want to go back 25+years

and for the record PAUL SCULTHORPE was the best 6 we've had since schofield.......though give widdop time and yeah he could be up there.....but not after 1 season in the NRL...thats why i said it's a big call

ahahahhhahahahah if you could'nt put 50 on us at home you've got f**ks chance of doing it in england.....in fact the nearest either of us have come to sticking 50 on the other was when we tanked you 44-0

1. Why do you need to go back 25+ years for Freeman? Was he only good when he played club footy in NZ?

2. Yeah you will probably jag another victory over us in your scummy conditions. Terrible cold wet weather and tiny ingoals are a good leveler. Fact of the matter is you ain't gonna be winning a four nations or world cup any time soon, gonna be funny watching your backline trying to defend simple 2nd man plays again.

1. Why do you need to go back 25+ years for Freeman? Was he only good when he played club footy in NZ?

2. Yeah you will probably jag another victory over us in your scummy conditions. Terrible cold wet weather and tiny ingoals are a good leveler. Fact of the matter is you ain't gonna be winning a four nations or world cup any time soon, gonna be funny watching your backline trying to defend simple 2nd man plays again.
^^^ :lol:

roughyedspud

Coach

you really are turning into aussies.....blaming the weather??......england in oct/nov and auckland/melbourne/canberra in june/july*........pretty much the same you tit lmao

* as of next season i'm going to conduct a little study where by i collect the weather condition from each NRL & ESL game.....and i'd put money on it now that weather conditions are better here than in the NRL

and tiny ingoals??? jeezz scrapping the barrel now son...lol.....shall we find some union ingoals for you to play on? help you out abit??

and we're not expected to win anything.....for mine making the final is whats expected when playing at home and if we'd played the kiwis in the final we'd have won a couple by now...but we keep coming up against them bloody aussies...

oh...ok ...so you've only had 2 halfbacks in 20 years....thanks for helping me prove my point...ta

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The fact of the matter is you guys are rubbish and we are Four Nations champs so you can f**k off with your constant for some peculiar reason (due to the fact that I have already pointed out, England being shit) arrogance that you have and dismissing of the Kiwis.

And for some friendly advice your back line better watch out because they are going to have things like dummy runners coming at them, I know this sounds very foreign to them but they are going to have to learn to defend against it.

Oh and we may not put 50 on you....but Aussie probably will. And we also have the best young half in the world and one of the best players in the world at 6 so doesn't matter about the past, we're pretty set now.

Last edited: