What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

england 4nations injuries

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
And to think on the ESL forum I was shot down by a few for the suggestion. Just because he wasnt good enough in his early to mid 20's doesnt mean that he cant improve. The McGuire of 2010 and 2011 is twice the player of the pre 2009 Danny. A lot of this is to do with his injuries IMO as he hasnt the speed he used to have. Without that to rely on he has developed into a very good play maker and has a good kicking game these days too.

WireMan

Bench
And to think on the ESL forum I was shot down by a few for the suggestion. Just because he wasnt good enough in his early to mid 20's doesnt mean that he cant improve. The McGuire of 2010 and 2011 is twice the player of the pre 2009 Danny. A lot of this is to do with his injuries IMO as he hasnt the speed he used to have. Without that to rely on he has developed into a very good play maker and has a good kicking game these days too.

Well there is an attitude that if you have one bad game for the national team you never get picked again.

McGuire is alright. Sinfield leads the team round though. McGuire plays of him. If you put Sinfield into 13 and let him control things then McGuire could easily play the right hand channel.

Recent form shouldn't be used to cover the fact he has been rubbish most of the season though. Form can vanish over night and you get early season McGuire again.

JasonE

Bench
I believe Sean O'Loughlin needs surgery and won't be available for the four Nations, not confirmed though so we shall see.

JasonE

Bench
Eorl Crabtree is ruled out with a shoulder injury, i rate him but McBanana doesn't so he probably wouldn't have been in the top 17 anyway.

WireMan

Bench
Eorl Crabtree is ruled out with a shoulder injury, i rate him but McBanana doesn't so he probably wouldn't have been in the top 17 anyway.

A bit of a blow, he is a good impact player.

Morley, Peacock, Carvell and Graham isn't a bad prop interchange though.

Kong

Juniors
Looking at the Oz squad and with the Kiwis struggling to win up north in recent years, I think England has a real good chance at the title.

Shorty

Staff member
LOL It's good that you can have a bit of a joke because I'd hate to see your expectations not met...

Didgi

I doubt that will happen.
Didgi are you a closet Pom fan?

I suppose in a vague way you could say that, only in that I want to see a competitive England and this kiwi dominance is really starting to piss me off.

Big Pete

Referee
Kiwi dominance is just going to get stronger.

International Rugby League is really starting to shape up as something special again.

roughyedspud

Coach
can't believe you can still get $4 on the kiwis...thats a awesome bet...i can see that coming down to $2 if the kiwis bash australia about in newcastle