What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

england 4nations injuries

roughyedspud

Coach
yet you won't even make the final.....lmao...cos its too cold and the ingoals are'nt big enough...hahahah

i'll expect you dummy to land at heathrow tonight sometime :lol:

as for 2man plays........pleases our guys have been doing it all season now...the beauty of having the likes of michael macguire and royce simmons coaching in this country eh?

the simple fact is "fast eddie" is NZ are a one man team....take buscuit benji out the side and you're done lol

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Oh wow congrats it's great that you guys know what it is now. Will wait and see if you have any clue how to defend it yet.

Ha maybe, but if you take Benji out now at least we still have Foran. Still have a great spine to work with.

Can take any player out of your team and it doesn't really matter.....as in you're never gonna win a four nations either way.

roughyedspud

Coach
wow...keiron foran...a 21 year with 4 kiwi games under his belt and,to my knowledge,has never been on a winning kiwi side??

and you pin your hopes on that...lmao.....playing well in a manly team means nothing.....matt orford won a dally M playing in the same team....and look what he's done since...he could'nt even come over to super league and boss us about lol

as for your spine.....benji aside i would'nt swap any of ours for yours...though apparently our 6 is the best thing since schofield so i'd be tempted to keep the kid :lol:

1. sam tomkins - who you gonna pick? hohaia?
6. gareth widdop - benji
7. danny brough - keiron foran
9. james roby - issac luke

pretty even that....in fact man for man theres only benji, SKD and probably adam blair i'd have in the england 13......what you need to get out of your head is that your head and shoulders above us...you are'nt...what you have over us is the ability to get up for australia games...thats the only thing...any kiwi fan with any sense knows that cos games between us 2 tend to be 50/50 games highlighted by the fact that you've not beaten us in england for 5 years and only twice in 11 years....likewise we can't beat you down under....

FACTS don't lie sunshine

Fast Eddie

First Grade
You obviously have not seen much of Foran, he is a superstar in the making. Best young player in the game imo. Brough over him? You're kidding yourself. For a guy so admanant of players sticking to their original countries, I thought Brough was a long time Scottish player anyway?

At fullback will be Hoffman or Locke, the two best young fullbacks currently in the game and who I feel would both carve English defense to pieces.

I don't know about this England 4 nations team coming up but that rabble you sent down last year there would have been a good 9-10 Kiwis in that side easily.

They aren't 50/50 games, here it is 80/20 us and up there it is still probably 60/40 us now.

You are right in a sense that we do only get up for games against Aus, might say something of what we think of England. If we can get our mindset right then we should beat them well.

The England team always still manages to have some average as f**k players in it. Let's hope for a Kiwis-Aus final so it's actually competitive. Nothing will break my heart more than for you to beat us 16-12 or something and then have to watch you get caned 48-6 in the final. It's coming to the stage where all I want out of the quad nations is for us to smash you pommy f**kers.

Last edited:

blukablu

Juniors
wow...keiron foran...a 21 year with 4 kiwi games under his belt and,to my knowledge,has never been on a winning kiwi side??

and you pin your hopes on that...lmao.....playing well in a manly team means nothing.....matt orford won a dally M playing in the same team....and look what he's done since...he could'nt even come over to super league and boss us about lol

as for your spine.....benji aside i would'nt swap any of ours for yours...though apparently our 6 is the best thing since schofield so i'd be tempted to keep the kid :lol:

1. sam tomkins - who you gonna pick? hohaia?
6. gareth widdop - benji
7. danny brough - keiron foran
9. james roby - issac luke

England's spine is better than NZ.

Tomkins > Hoffman/Locke
Widdop < Marshall
Brough > Foran
Roby > Luke

Too bad they've got probably the worst possible coach available.

England, Australia final again with Australia winning by about 12.

roughyedspud

Coach
They aren't 50/50 games, here it is 80/20 us and up there it is still probably 60/40 us now.

how the hell is it 60/40 to you when you've only won 2 of the last 12 games you've play up here lol......90/10 is'nt it? lol

you win down there we win up here...but usually where ever they are played they are usual tightish affairs.....thats why i meant by 50/50

You are right in a sense that we do only get up for games against Aus, might say something of what we think of England. If we can get our mindset right then we should beat them well.

The England team always still manages to have some average as f**k players in it. Let's hope for a Kiwis-Aus final so it's actually competitive. Nothing will break my heart more than for you to beat us 16-12 or something and then have to watch you get caned 48-6 in the final. It's coming to the stage where all I want out of the quad nations is for us to smash you pommy f**kers.

thanks for proving my point that'll it'll be a cold day in hell before the kiwis ever get named number1 in the world........its no good beating the aussies if you can't back it up against england

I don't know about this England 4 nations team coming up but that rabble you sent down last year there would have been a good 9-10 Kiwis in that side easily.

it was a injury ravaged side....we where only ever going to beat PNG and hope to keep it respectable against NZ & AUS....which we did just about.....would you care to remind me what happened when NZ sent a injury ruined squad up here in 2007??.....no of course you won't cause that tour never happened did it??

For a guy so admanant of players sticking to their original countries, I thought Brough was a long time Scottish player anyway?

i don't make the rules do i mate...if i did he would'nt be playing for england.....so what you want me to do just ignore the fact he's gonna play?? lol

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
England's spine is better than NZ.

Tomkins > Hoffman/Locke
Widdop < Marshall
Brough > Foran
Roby > Luke

Too bad they've got probably the worst possible coach available.

England, Australia final again with Australia winning by about 12.

at last some sense...lol

look....in the past our "strong pack" has been let down by the players around it, no halfbacks,no fullback and no centers.....now we have a decent looking 1,6,7,9 spine to support the pack and a set of decent wingers (briscoe,charnley,J-mac,ryan hall)......big joel tomkins looks destined to fill one of our problem center spots....and we have kids coming through for the other spot

we've all looked at england/GB 1-7 over the last 5-6 years and saw lots of issues...5or6 of em in the backs lone

now we have

1. sam tomkins
2. ryan hall or josh charnley
3. joel tomkins
5. tom briscoe or jermain macgivilary
6. gareth widdop
7. danny brough

our biggest issue...Ste McNamara.....i'd sack him now this second and give the job,part time,to nathan brown

now.....i'm not saying we're going to win anything and eddies right we'll get to the 4nations final and get beat again by australia*.......but im really happy with what we're producing in readiness for the RLWC2013

and you've only had bleeding 2.....benji marshall and stacy jones.........i'll give you gary freeman too if you want to go back 25+years

and for the record PAUL SCULTHORPE was the best 6 we've had since schofield.......though give widdop time and yeah he could be up there.....but not after 1 season in the NRL...thats why i said it's a big call

ahahahhhahahahah if you could'nt put 50 on us at home you've got f**ks chance of doing it in england.....in fact the nearest either of us have come to sticking 50 on the other was when we tanked you 44-0

you are'nt australia and never will be.....so come down a step or 2 before you hurt yourself sunshine :lol:

Oh yeah Sculthorpe...Mr Gillette!!! He was more of a lock anyway. He was pretty average as a 5/8. Widdop is already a better stand-off.

Only 2 halves aye? So what about Harry Sunderland medal winning halfback Thomas Leuluai? You poms should rate him. Last time I checked Chase was a kiwi as well. Hohaia will probably go over there and dominate next year too. Along with Fien, those 3 are our backup halves. Plus we have Shaun Johnson who's already better than any halfback in the ESL.

LMFAO @ Brough being better than Foran, or Tomkins being better than either Hoffman or Locke. That is truly hilarious.

After all the sh*t talkin in here, I'm going to personally enjoy watching Foran carve England to shreds. Even without Benji, a Foran/Johnson or Foran/Chase combo will annihilate the poms.

It's gonna be a bloodbath!!!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Look at the odds when we play you, I very much doubt its going to be 1.87 a piece. We will be favourites and rightly so, considering we are four nations champs and with a superior team to you pommy twats.

How the f**k are we not number 1 you dumb pommy f**ker? We won the four nations, and beat you in the process? Along with a wold cup and the 2005 Tri Nations, Golden point loss in 2006. Meanwhile you have done ABSOLUTELY nothing in any of those tournaments ie won none. So just shut the f**k up while us and Aus battle out some more entertaining close finals.

Last edited:

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
The biggest problem England will have is if New Zealand fires in the Northern Hemisphere. Generally they are not so good up there, but if they do it could be an Australia vs New Zealand final.

hutch

First Grade
Oh yeah Sculthorpe...Mr Gillette!!! He was more of a lock anyway. He was pretty average as a 5/8. Widdop is already a better stand-off.

Only 2 halves aye? So what about Harry Sunderland medal winning halfback Thomas Leuluai? You poms should rate him. Last time I checked Chase was a kiwi as well. Hohaia will probably go over there and dominate next year too. Along with Fien, those 3 are our backup halves. Plus we have Shaun Johnson who's already better than any halfback in the ESL.

LMFAO @ Brough being better than Foran, or Tomkins being better than either Hoffman or Locke. That is truly hilarious.

After all the sh*t talkin in here, I'm going to personally enjoy watching Foran carve England to shreds. Even without Benji, a Foran/Johnson or Foran/Chase combo will annihilate the poms.

Tomkins is better than Hoffman and Locke at this point in time!

Evil Homer

Staff member
Tomkins is better than Hoffman and Locke at this point in time!
Tomkins is younger than Hoffman and one month older than Locke, and he's already being talked about as one of Wigan's greatest ever players.

hutch

First Grade
It's easy to forget how young he is because it seems as if he has been around for so long. I rate him highly, hopefully he can prove how good he is in an England jersey!

JasonE

Bench
England need to turn this into a positive, they can't always rely on Burgess, Ellis & Westwood being there so they need to get the next batch of good young players in. I would be looking at Westerman and Mossop for sure and Brett Ferres if fit.
Kallum Watkins & Ben Jones Bishop should be looked at too.

Didgi

:lol: I love reading clueless Kiwis who've never watched a SL match in their life trash talking England's chances and rubbishing their players.

Someone argue that Isaac Luke is better than Roby... please... would be hilarious.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
:lol: I love reading clueless Kiwis who've never watched a SL match in their life trash talking England's chances and rubbishing their players.

Someone argue that Isaac Luke is better than Roby... please... would be hilarious.

We get two Super League matches a week on sky..Roby is nothing like he use to be...

Last edited:

Didgi

We get two Super League matches a week on sky..Roby is nothing like he use to be...

Obviously if you watch them you wouldn't fit that description then.

Roby is just as good as he has ever been, he's lifted his defensive workrate this year and is setting up a lot more tries. Difference is this year he's having to play 80 minutes rather than have the luxury of also having Cunningham in the team.

roughyedspud

Coach

what was the question dipshit?....i think scully was the best 6 we've had since schofield...and it was a big call say widdop was after less than a season

i like thomas...but he's not "special" is he....

lol.....i've save this one and remind you of it when you fail to make the final :lol:

Look at the odds when we play you, I very much doubt its going to be 1.87 a piece. We will be favourites and rightly so, considering we are four nations champs and with a superior team to you pommy twats.

yeah and look at the odd when you play australia you thick f**k....lol...does'nt stop you beating them does'nt clever lad.....i'm gonna look at the odds when we play NZ ...and then stick £20 on england

How the f**k are we not number 1 you dumb pommy f**ker? We won the four nations, and beat you in the process? Along with a wold cup and the 2005 Tri Nations, Golden point loss in 2006. Meanwhile you have done ABSOLUTELY nothing in any of those tournaments ie won none. So just shut the f**k up while us and Aus battle out some more entertaining close finals.

2005...tri nations winners, the game before the final though GB stuffed you 38-12..

2006...what?? you did'nt win anything? infact GB did what you could'nt and beat australia in sydney so what you gloating about?

2007... you came to britain and got spanked 3-0

2008...nice one world cup winners

2009....NZ failed to beat england and failed to make the final

2010...well done 4nations winners

what does all that show?...it shows you can't beat australia in group games and you can't beat england in england..it shows you don't dominate anyone you are just as likely to lose to england as you are to beat australia...thats why you ain't number 1 you daft f**k :lol:

and if you want it official,these rankings are from august 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RLIF_World_Rankings

now pipe down ya australia wannabee :lol:

Last edited: