What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England are a very good test side.

yappy

Bench
Despite all of the problems we have it would be churlish to deny that this is one of the best touring sides to come to Australia since the great Windies sides of the 80s. Very well deserved result for a team that has played extremely good cricket with very few exceptions throughout the series.

Meth

Staff member
Any team who beats Australia in Australia, even with Australia in the state they are at the moment, is a very good test team

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ill reserve my judgemet till after we play 2 tests vs NZ next summer

If we cant beat them, them poms aint that great

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Poms are clearly one of the top 2 test sides in the world.

They'd be higher if it weren't for their capitulation in Perth.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I personally think that India is noweher near as good away from home as England or South Africa.

Not much in it though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'll reserve my judgment till they play saffas or the Indians

We didn't really offer much resistance.

They already played their home country early last year and it was 1-1.

They're not as talented as their motherland South Africa but the play test cricket almost as good if not better than anybody in the world so for that they deserve their credit.

Matt23

Staff member
There good, but we made them look better then they actually are.

caylo

Bench

Agree, If ponting or clarke are in any type of form they dont win a match IMO, Australia made england look so much better then they actually were.

Tremlett and Anderson bowled well on good fast bowler wickets but when his up against the likes of Smith, Kallis, Amla and DeVillis or Gambir, Sewage, Dravid, Tenduca, Laxman and Dohni I doubt they will find it that easy.

England batsmen also stuggled when Australia swung the ball late, Styne and Morkal would have a feild day with most of the english batsmen.

If you ask me it is SA and India way infront and England fighting with SL for 3 and 4th. Australia in current form are about as strong as the Paks.

anjado

Juniors
Agree, If ponting or clarke are in any type of form they dont win a match IMO, Australia made england look so much better then they actually were.

Tremlett and Anderson bowled well on good fast bowler wickets but when his up against the likes of Smith, Kallis, Amla and DeVillis or Gambir, Sewage, Dravid, Tenduca, Laxman and Dohni I doubt they will find it that easy.

England batsmen also stuggled when Australia swung the ball late, Styne and Morkal would have a feild day with most of the english batsmen.

If you ask me it is SA and India way infront and England fighting with SL for 3 and 4th. Australia in current form are about as strong as the Paks.

Ponting isn't as out of form as people think he showed form in the second innings at the gabba he hit 50 off of about 40 balls. England set up Ponting and Clarke by bowling consistent line and length outside, Ponting has always struggled against such bowling early in his innings.

Clarke has been exactly the same. England came up with a plan to those too same with Hughes and they executed it perfectly.

Also England drew with South Africa in South Africa earlier this year 1-1 so for all the lets wait and see it has already happened. England has improved since then and personally i think they would beat both. Put it this way If South Africa came to Australia or India they wouldn't smash Australia like England did.

beads6

First Grade
Ponting isn't as out of form as people think he showed form in the second innings at the gabba he hit 50 off of about 40 balls. England set up Ponting and Clarke by bowling consistent line and length outside, Ponting has always struggled against such bowling early in his innings.

Clarke has been exactly the same. England came up with a plan to those too same with Hughes and they executed it perfectly.

Also England drew with South Africa in South Africa earlier this year 1-1 so for all the lets wait and see it has already happened. England has improved since then and personally i think they would beat both. Put it this way If South Africa came to Australia or India they wouldn't smash Australia like England did.

Yeah but we beat South Africa in South Africa with almost the same team we have now.:crazy:

yappy

Bench
So maybe South Africa just ain't that good? Certainly top 3 good, but not no.1 good. I have no doubt this England side would beat India and South Africa in England and they've already drawn with SA away. I don't know they're good enough to get a series win in India, but they'd be the side most likely too.

Saffas are a little short in the bowling. Need a good spinner.

anjado

Juniors
Yeah but we beat South Africa in South Africa with almost the same team we have now.:crazy:

England have played South Africa in the same year as they retained the ashes 2010 is this so difficult for you to understand ? England played South Africa in South Africa and drew 1-1, The series won't happen again for another 3 years you have seen the result.

Your point about Australia winning in South Africa is completely irrelevant, We are talking about England playing South Africa which they have done within the past year and they drew 1-1.

Latest posts