What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Tonga Test Series 2023

Perth Red

Post Whore
Super league is the glory days

they came close to 10k average

before super league crowds in winter rugby were under half

there was a boom in crowds after ww2 with huge crowds which didn’t last
Not true re half. the early 90’s the first div avg was in the 5.5-7krange.

taste2taste the rugby league project site is good for early recent years info like crowds and results

Warriors Fever

Juniors
8k ? Please. it’s only 12k Stadium.
One end stand was totally empty. Other end was about a third full, main stand facing cameras was barely half full. Couldn’t see the other stand.
If there was 8k there I’m a kumul lol
The stadium actually holds 15k. And I think both crowds were similar. Yesterday they made tickets a little cheaper. And considering it was Fiji Vs Cook Islands I thought the attendance was ok.

bazza

Immortal
We’ve just had a cracking test match, the best so far this year, and you’re focused on the crowd being down a couple of thousand? Really?
I am happy that they are playing a 3 test series again (first time in a while) and hopefully follow up with the same in the next few years against NZ and Australia

Hoping they get a bit more ambitious with the venues as well. Can't imagine St Helens being a huge draw to get people to travel

Kurt Angle

First Grade
In RLWC 2013, I thought England may have cracked it

Roughly 25k each for home games against Ireland in Huddersfield and Fiji in Hull. As if they were able to tap the home team sentiment and hopefully see them cash up via internationals.

I'd say 2013 was the peak of English RL as a whole, and been in a decline since.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
13k to 6k? Png two woeful crowds deserve calling out for a supposed rugby league mad nation,

dissapointiNg but not surprising, I predicted around 15k. There’s an apthy around int RL across the world that needs some serious work to address.

should grow on the back of that entertainment
The question needs to be asked. What would England v Cook Islands and Fiji v Cook Islands draw in England?

Perth Red

Post Whore
In RLWC 2013, I thought England may have cracked it

Roughly 25k each for home games against Ireland in Huddersfield and Fiji in Hull. As if they were able to tap the home team sentiment and hopefully see them cash up via internationals.

I'd say 2013 was the peak of English RL as a whole, and been in a decline since.
Eh? This years crowd avg was higher than 2013.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s sad how Bradford have fallen by the wayside from those days.
One of the games great losses. I was at uni in bradford when SL started and bull mania hit, it was an awesome night out at odsal with 20k others in those days. Some seriously shonky board members screwed them.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Eh? This years crowd avg was higher than 2013.
I was talking about England home games.

Many talk about showing up for Australia, or maybe NZ. Who in their right mind would think they'd get 25k vs Ireland before that world cup.

The expectation should be to never have an international in England below 25k ever again.

The tournament average in 2013, well 2/3 lowest attended games involved Australia (USA and Ireland).

If a marquee team falls flat like that, it's going to drive the average down

Latest posts