What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Tonga Test Series 2023

Wb1234

Immortal
It’s England, not a club game. Fans will have travelled from all over for it, not just from the local club.
So 12k in hudds next week then lol

clubs can sell tickets to their season ticket holders

plus Wigan fans would be more keen to go if it was local

Brian potter

First Grade
In RLWC 2013, I thought England may have cracked it

Roughly 25k each for home games against Ireland in Huddersfield and Fiji in Hull. As if they were able to tap the home team sentiment and hopefully see them cash up via internationals.

I'd say 2013 was the peak of English RL as a whole, and been in a decline since.
That was for a world cup which had over a years lead in for selling tickets and there wasn't a cost of living crisis at the time hurting people\families in the North.

That being said the 13k at St Helens was shocking.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Whinging Australian Fonua-blake lol

Born and raised Australian, he just decided to be a heritage player for us one year and then a heritage player for Tonga the following year. TLDR - Australian.
Yeah true, I just looked it up. He was born in NSW, I didn't know that

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Welsby 22
Smith 23
Lewis 22

What an exciting spine England may have for many years to come.
That's the main advantage England will still have over the improving Pacific nations. SL is able to produce world class spine players.

Even though it's not ideal for SL, it's probably best for the England team, and as a result the English game overall that the best of the best English players are in the NRL being backed up by a strong SL for development.

Wb1234

Immortal
That's the main advantage England will still have over the improving Pacific nations. SL is able to produce world class spine players.

Even though it's not ideal for SL, it's probably best for the England team, and as a result the English game overall that the best of the best English players are in the NRL being backed up by a strong SL for development.
They struggled to beat Tonga at home

they would be cannon fodder if they played in tonga

Perth Red

Post Whore
They struggled to beat Tonga at home

they would be cannon fodder if they played in tonga
They didnt really, a late tonga try flattered the scoreline. Like I said look at the age and quality of that spine. Just need a world class number 9 now and they are set for years to come. Add in Farnworth at 24 and Young at 22 and the very youthful backline is looking pretty good.

Tonga playing in Tonga? now there is a novel idea!

Wb1234

Immortal
They didnt really, a late tonga try flattered the scoreline. Like I said look at the age and quality of that spine. Just need a world class number 9 now and they are set for years to come. Add in Farnworth at 24 and Young at 22 and the very youthful backline is looking pretty good.

141 England tackles to 81 Tongan tackles at half time

Brian potter

First Grade
will pryce as well.
have Tonga ever played on Tongan soil before?