What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESL clubs after Australian/ NZ Players - Your Thoughts

Davester

Juniors
I'm interesed to know what you all think about ESL clubs constantly trying to sign promising/rising juniors and big name Australian and Kiwi players....Your thoughts?

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Don't like it, but its life, its the players that move there, ESL are only offering them money its all down to the player

t-ba

Post Whore
I wish they'd concentrate on the French and Russian up and Comers (Instead of leaving it to French Union *Sigh*)...But then again, it's not like Aussie clubs are buying up any PNGers...

An improvement in the Strength of the English league can only help our game. As long as ours isn't substantially weakened. I'm the NRL will survive the grevious loss of Super Mac and Dorny...

Foz

Bench
Davester said:
I'm interesed to know what you all think about ESL clubs constantly trying to sign promising/rising juniors and big name Australian and Kiwi players....Your thoughts?

I wish my club would do more of it.
They are just doing what all NRL clubs do anyway.
Juniors are a thing of the past.
One club develops them 14 chase them.

yappy

Bench
I'm interesed to know what you all think about ESL clubs constantly trying to sign promising/rising juniors

If they keep trying they might end up succeeding one day.

Tony Martin is about the only Australian who has gone to England who wasn't a pensioner, a nuffy, or both and let's face it he's good, but not top shelf and is now back in the big time. They do a bit better with Kiwi's that the Warriors don't want anymore for some reason though.

RifRaf

Juniors
Foz said:
Juniors are a thing of the past.
So how do you suppose we make senior players? Create robots? Although an interesting concept I think I'll stick with the human version for now...

yappy

Bench
I thought a retart was a hooker who was back on the game after an unsuccessful attempt at a career change.

nqboy

First Grade
Looking at his forum name, it's possible English isn't his first language I suppose.

In-goal

Bench
there still playing RL and as far as i am concerned that is the bottom line, for to long Australian clubs have shown pig headedness to the RL world now it's time that the rest of the world bites back.

ozboy

Juniors
I dont have a problem with it.

The ESL is the perfect place for our pensioners and reserve graders, where they can take the money and places of young Englishman chumping at the bit for an oppurtunity.

Latest posts