What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESL Grandfinal(Spoilers if you don't know the result)

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Congratulations to Dave Furner for ending his playing career on a high note.

A fantastic career that's seen you represent your state and country and win premierships in both hemispheres. You even won the Clive Churchill in the fantastic 94 grand final. No easy feat considering the amazing talent we had that year.
Fantastic to have someone of your talent return to our club and I hope you coach as well as you played(our PL will be unstopable :D ).

3 cheers from all Raiders fans for a retiring, and returning, great.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Do you think Furner will be playing WCC.
Would be great to see him going up against NRL heavyweights again.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
Yeah I too would love to see him play in the World Club Challenge.
Congratulations to Dave, I'm really happy for him, and seeing him today totally drunk just show's what it meant to him winning it.

Well Done Dave, you were the only reason I walked out of the Stadium on a posotive.
Gutting overall, but ahye that's Rugby!
Vainikolo and the Bulls will bounce back stronger.

And NO Dave won't be playing in the World Club Challenge. (A big NO-NO)

The club would have to offer him a new contract till Febuary, and he would have to be insured by Leeds, and I daubt the Rhinos would be so bothered to do so, as they've brought in Lauititi as a replacement for Furner.

Well Done Furns, you and your mob deserved the win, I'm so proud!
Good-Luck back home, you champ.

4Senior4_Trophy_leeds.jpg

Here's an interview I just found from Furnz;

Leeds Rhinos' retiring hero David Furner admitted he got the fairytale finish to his career on Saturday night.

Furner became a member of an elite band of players to have won Grand Finals in both England and Australia after the Rhinos beat Bradford 16-8 at Old Trafford.

"Everyone wants the fairytale finish, and I was fortunate enough to be in the right side," said Furner.

"It's great to be a part of it. I've had fantastic support from the Leeds players.

"We fell short last year, but I knew this side would win something soon.

"This is a good young side that will only get stronger with the experience of big games."

Furner also revealed that he had been lucky to play, after struggling with a troublesome knee problem during the pre-match warm up.

"I had a scare before the game with my knee, but thankfully the doctor and physio got onto it and I was able to get out there," he said.

"I've given the game my best over the years, and it's been fantastic to me. I feel very grateful, but that's it now. It's definitely the end for me, I'm ready to finish now. There's no coming back."

Furner will now return to Australia, where he still holds the NRL record for 1,218 career points, to join the coaching staff at Canberra Raiders.

HPIM0100.jpg

Raider Ultra

Bench
Good to see Furns and the Rhinos get up. No way he'll play in the WCC, the reggies will start training in less than a month probably.

raiders_boy

Juniors
IanHindmarsh said:
Furner will now return to Australia, where he still holds the NRL record for 1,218 career points

:lol:

They neglected to say that this was by a forward... Nice try though :p

suburbanknight

Juniors
I'm not sure Dave Furner will be out of hospital in time to take over the Prem League side, after I dished out a bunch of fives on Monday night.........

f694a0a9.jpg

And you Raiders will have a whole new bunch of supporters over here in Leeds, shouting you on next season, now that Matt and Dave are joining up with you.

Go, the Green Machine. ;-)

DrewBeliever

Juniors
suburbanknight said:
I'm not sure Dave Furner will be out of hospital in time to take over the Prem League side, after I dished out a bunch of fives on Monday night.........

f694a0a9.jpg

And you Raiders will have a whole new bunch of supporters over here in Leeds, shouting you on next season, now that Matt and Dave are joining up with you.

Go, the Green Machine. ;-)

Subby was that you in the Queensland Jersey, or just some random person you've sent a photo of?
If it's you, you'll of seen me....

2040.jpg

2043.jpg

2033.jpg

These ones are taken by me, and I'm so bloody sorry there so big, If I was inteligant as you guys, Id make them smaller but I'm not so :blahb:

suburbanknight

Juniors
IanHindmarsh said:
suburbanknight said:

Subby was that you in the Queensland Jersey, or just some random person you've sent a photo of?
If it's you, you'll of seen me....

It certainly is me. Were you sat on the front of the stage with plaited hair?

We didn't leave until really late, we ended up singing songs with Matt, Dave and Barrie Mac until well into the early hours. It was a great night.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
Barry McDermott, is he on parole from Belmarsh at the moment?

Not unless you know something we don't :)

It certainly is me. Were you sat on the front of the stage with plaited hair?

It sure was me, did I make myself that obvious Subby, btw your pretty cute in real! ;-)

And Barrie let me chop that fella's hair off, but it wasn't working!!
I'd of stayed with you and got leythered, but I'm still a pretty young girly, and when Mummy say's bed time, the rules stand :lol:

How fooooooked was Furnz, he didn't have a clue what a fool he was making out of himself, Adamson wasn't that bad when I left he was sober and managing!

Yeah, so do you have a missus ;-)