What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Euro 2016

langpark

First Grade
Typical of you guys to not even give this a mention ;-)

So, here are the qualified teams far:

France (hosts, automatic)
England
Czech Republic
Iceland (1st appearance)
Austria
Northern Ireland (1st appearance)
Portugal
Spain
Switzerland
Italy
Belgium
Wales
Romania
Albania (1st appearance)
Germany
Poland
Russia
Slovakia (1st appearance)
Croatia
Turkey

4 spots remain:
Pot 1: Bosnia, Ukraine, Sweden, Hungary
Pot 2: Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Slovenia

The playoff matches will be drawn on Sunday night.

Congrats to the teams making their first appearance, especially N.Ireland, who topped their group, and to Iceland, who nearly topped theirs.

Biggest teams to miss out altogether:
Netherlands, Serbia, Greece.
Unbelievable. So many of us were against the 24-team format as it would become 'too easy' to qualify.

langpark

First Grade
1st leg playoff results so far....

Bosnia 1-1 Ireland
Ukraine 2-0 Slovenia
Sweden 2-1 Denmark
Hungary vs Norway (tonight)

langpark

First Grade
So Sweden, Hungary, Ukraine and Ireland are through.

UEFA claim there is no chance they will move the tournament from France, despite the security concerns. But I am sure they are working on a 'plan B' as we speak. Germany and/or Spain is my guess, to be on 'standby'.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Only one winner of the euros this time round folks. Get your money on northern ireland or norniron as we like to call it

ggmu

Juniors
I think you will find the Striker/left inside forward is the star of the team :)

My tip is that Netherlands won't make it to the 2nd round. In fact, I'll go as far to say that they won't even score a goal.

langpark

First Grade
How Valbuena isn't in the French squad for this tournament is beyond me. I'd have him in my starting XI never mind squad.

Tonin

Juniors
How Valbuena isn't in the French squad for this tournament is beyond me. I'd have him in my starting XI never mind squad.
He has been really average this season and involved with Benzema in the sextape affair.
There is also much better players than him, like Payet.

Latest posts