What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even this early, is there only 3 who can win?

isaiah

Bench
Its hard to see the Bronco's maintain for the entire season. On paper they are still one of the youngest and least experienced sides in the comp.

i think you are a long way off the mark. they have used hoffman, gagai, s.anderson, te'o, gillett, norman, and tronc, as well as the 17 last night and all of them have shown they are nrl standard, IMO. its only a matter of time until they unveil frei into the nrl side as well.

i don't think depth or inexperience will affect them with the injuries that will come. locky was right about 6 weeks ago when he said he thought this group could do something special THIS year.

Butters

Bench
Broncos are average, no attack at all with an awesome defence. If the tigpies knew how to tackle the broncos would've been stomped.

Storm and St Merge are the benchmark atm, no one else comes close.

Loudstrat

Coach
Awesome defence, but would have been stomped if.......

You dumb git.

All teams are beatable, but the thre lead the way. Marshall was quiet tonight, with min on fine and Tequiri out wide who knows. Still, Brisbane are playing well. I cannot spot any other contender on the horizon bar Manly.

Canterbury get all excited when they beat a spoon candidate. A decent side will smash them.

Butters

Bench
Awesome defence, but would have been stomped if.......

You dumb git.

Did you watch the game? Or have watched any broncos game this season? If it weren't for their defence they wouldn't have won nearly as many games as they have.

Pretty much all their tries last night came off tigpies mistakes or shit defence. They have no attack, and were lucky to score as much as they did.

Big Pete

Referee
Our attack is improving with each game.

Let me put it to you this way, I'd much rather have good defence and ordinary attack at this stage of the season rather than the other way around. 2010 is a testament to that.

fillapop

Juniors
I agree with every second comment so far, it's way too early to make a call like that . i wouldn't right off the roosters yet and it may be all the pre season hype but im waiting for the raiders to do something.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Did you watch the game? Or have watched any broncos game this season? If it weren't for their defence they wouldn't have won nearly as many games as they have.

Pretty much all their tries last night came off tigpies mistakes or shit defence. They have no attack, and were lucky to score as much as they did.

Gee, this sounds familiar. :lol:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Melbourne and St G I are the benchmark and will be pushing for the title. Brisbane have shown what can happen when you get on a run. Plenty of time to go.

AuDragon

Juniors
Gee, this sounds familiar. :lol:
Yep, any Dragons fan knows this line! ;-)
When will people realise that defense wins titles?

Having said that, we still need to get through the rep period to stamp our candidacy to a premiership, but we're definitely a finals bound team I'd say.

Nevan_

First Grade
I love that the sharks never get considered & with good reason on form in the last 10 yrs or so.

But we have a better team this year, all we need is for the halves to have and "ah ha" moment and it will click.

Our backs are more than solid enough, our forward pack in up there with the best. Once the halves click we are on.

ATM we are 9th with a -4 f/a. Thats the best position we have been in after 5-10 rounds in a long while, if we stay around there and click, we'll be in the 8.

:lol::lol:

MSIH

Bench

That's the worst logic I've ever heard.

So they are winning games, because they've got great defence? Shit side then, clearly :roll:

MSIH

Bench
I think it's a comp of two atm, Drags and Melbourne obviously.

That said, there's a few sides going ok with plenty of improvement left in them (Brisbane and Manly).

I'm really liking Brisbane's mix of youth with experience. Experience in the key positions as well. Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant mixed with all those talented outside backs. Danger side for sure.

Butters

Bench
That's the worst logic I've ever heard.

So they are winning games, because they've got great defence? Shit side then, clearly :roll:

Where'd i say they're shit? They have awesome defence but no attack, whereas Storm and St Merge have both awesome attack and defence. Thus making them the benchmark sides :/

RHCP

Bench
What's wrong with Brisbane's attack?

31 points last night, good structure and it's not as if they are as clinical as some seem to think, there's plenty of second phase play in them.

Vic Mackey

Referee

31 points last night, good structure and it's not as if they are as clinical as some seem to think, there's plenty of second phase play in them.

One off a bomb, one off a tigers knock on, 2 from just terrible one on one missed tackles and the last was when the broncos had 3 players on the blindsided of a scrum against matt Utai, I still can't get over that.the whole crowd was screaming at them, how could we notice it but not them?

They are missing Hoffman, once he comes back their attack will be a lot better.

Butters

Bench

1 try off a bomb which the tigpies fullback didnt even try to contest, another off beau ryan giving them the ball and the rest off tigpies players falling off tackles or not even marking up in defence properly. The scoreline flattered their attack.

Get out of my head vic...

Last edited:

MSIH

Bench
Where'd i say they're shit? They have awesome defence but no attack, whereas Storm and St Merge have both awesome attack and defence. Thus making them the benchmark sides :/

You basically said they're only winning games based on their defence. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Butters

Bench
You basically said they're only winning games based on their defence. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

I never said it was a bad thing :/ All i said that was they have awesome defence but shit attack and thus aren't as good as Storm or St Merge. FFS learn to read