What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever been in RLW?

I had the "Letter of the week" a few weeks ago.

Here it is...

Extra Point Icing on the Cake After Draw

After watching my first live "golden point" game in round three- I've been overseas for four years- I have to say I was very impressed with how it turned out. I've read that some would prefer to have a point each after 80 minutes as opposed to possibly taking 2 from the game. Having been in Canada for the past 12 months and watching plenty of ice hockey, I think the NRL could take something from that game in relation to golden point or "overtime" games, as Canadians call them.

Why not give both teams one point after 80 minutes and then give the golden point winner an additional point? That would mean both teams would at least get one point, which would leave fans and coaches still feeling a little dissapointed but they would still get something out of the game. I think it's a brilliant idea and something the NRL administrators should look at in future seasons.

Got a free Dogs pack which was pretty sweet.

Had a letter in Big League in 2002 about Shaun Berrigan and his lack of passing (getting caught with the ball too much). Called him "Superglue" Berrigan.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Robster said:
any aussies tell me how the photos turned out?
Here it is mate, freshly scanned from Page 38.
robster.jpg

They may have lost some of the quality, but it still looks good to me.

In 1983 I won a supporters pack in a RLW competition. The same year, when I was 15, I had an article in there about Penrith Park and the myth of it being a "graveyard" for visiting teams. Then a few years ago I had a comment in there taken from the Roosters forum.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wobbie - you and spiltmilk both got a run in New Pic Thread in the FFB.

Well done Robster, I tore out and scanned the photo from RLW so everyone can see. You and Mr Murphy make a very cute couple

rob.jpg