What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever been in RLW?

Frederick

Staff member
Timmah said:
I've had a number make it into Big League.

In fact, BL have now taken it upon themselves to pilfer from our site - a Congratulations post penned by our own Gene Krupa made into this weeks issue - although they quoted the site as www.leagueunlimited.com.au instead of just .com
Page?

Knightmare

Coach
- In 2001 I won the 'Fan of the week' comp in Big League once, there was a pic of me in there as well as one of all my Knights gear. From memory it was the same issue that had Jennifer Hawkins on the front!

- In 2004 I got a letter published in 'Big League' saying how ridiculous it would be if the Gold Coast or the Central Coast missed out on getting a team in the NRL (a decision I still stand by).

LeagueNut

First Grade
I sent them a letter early in the 1999 season. It was all about how the draw had shafted the Panthers that year, leaving them playing 15 games (I think) against teams coming off the Bye.

They ran it under the headline "Bye Bye Panthers" - I still get a kick out of reading it. (How sad am I!!)

The next week (in the RLW summary of newspaper stories) I noticed that Royce Simmons had blasted the NRL about the draw, so I can only presume that he read my letter as well. :cool:

On a different note - my name is actually in RLW every week, apparently I am the "Advertising Sales Editor ACP Men's Lifestyle" or something like that. It impressed my son anyway!! :crazy:

Ice777

Bench
I won a set of sports ears last season. You had to write in 25 words or less why you wanted to win them and i got them.

DeeGan

Bench
A couple of letters in there last year, won some tickets to the 2006 Grand Final as well ...

Gene Krupa was quoted from here in this week's Big League magazine (pg. 8) :)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
DeeGan said:
Gene Krupa was quoted from here in this week's Big League magazine (pg. 8) :)
:shock: Well I never...
Timmah said:
In fact, BL have now taken it upon themselves to pilfer from our site - a Congratulations post penned by our own Gene Krupa made into this weeks issue - although they quoted the site as www.leagueunlimited.com.au instead of just .com
Captain_Fred said:
Timmah said:
This weeks for Gene? Pg 8

:sarcasm: :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
I've had a number make it into Big League.

The .au works just as well.

Well done Gene. I'll have to go out and buy a copy of Big League now. :D

The Colonel

Immortal
I've sent a number of letters in to newspapers and Big League and Rugby League Week in the past. Even made the SMH SinBin because of it.....

TWO WRITES: Rugby League Week and Big League obviously have small pools of letter writers judging by last week's editions. Of the three letters in RLW, two also appeared in Big League - both of them critical of the RLPA over the cancellation of the Dally M awards. One of them was written by Greg Cumberland in North Parramatta, a regular correspondent to The Daily Telegraph's letters pages, who in the past has been angered by Steve Waugh's sacking as one-day cricket captain and supportive of the war in Iraq.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/18/1063625160544.html?from=storyrhs

Latest posts