What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex-Canterbury Bulls forward scores Dragons deal

Drop Bear

Juniors
People need to start seeing some positives, really so negative on here.
Both, Nutira and Alcock are guys that sounds like a solid forwards. They are both being looked at as props, which we need.
Add in Packer and I see we are toughening up our pack.
Could turn out either way, at least wait to see how they go first, could surprise us all.

Last edited:

rainman44

Bench
People need to start seeing some positives, really so negative on here.
Both, Nutira and Alcock are guys that sounds like a solid forwards. They are both being looked at as props, which we need.
Add in Packer and I see we are toughening up our pack.
Could turn out either way, at least wait to see how they go first, could surprise us all.
I agree the one thing i do trust is someone like Mulholland but for next year he will just get best value players that we need but the year after i can see better players at our club so we have to give him a chance. Mulholland has very good connections and needs time.

hardbaby

Coach
Given our situation, I'm happy with that. To be rated the best prop in the domestic kiwi competition is a fair wrap. Big, tough boys over there. I'll be watching with interest.

giboz71

First Grade
Been saying all along we need some astute buys from a couple of no names to keep the salary cap in check. We can't keep buying 200-300k players.

Remains to be seen if he is any good. If we can get a Sam Moa type signing, I'd be pretty happy.

hardbaby

Coach
Obviously looking for size and mongrel in the pack and speed in the backs. Our signings thus far aren't big names but at least we are signing the right style of player.

love my saints

Juniors
Obviously looking for size and mongrel in the pack and speed in the backs. Our signings thus far aren't big names but at least we are signing the right style of player.

Agree 100%, we have the backline.. and we do need big boys up front, no big names are available and/or in our price range.
all the big names start somewhere, lets hope for these boys a big future starts in 2015 in a RED V.

Both guys have been in the NRL system at some level before so some body saw something in them at one time.

I wish them luck as an oppurtunity doesn't come to often at their age just look at O'Brien he has been given another chance and hopefully he can take it with both hands.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Agree 100%, we have the backline.. and we do need big boys up front, no big names are available and/or in our price range.
all the big names start somewhere, lets hope for these boys a big future starts in 2015 in a RED V.

I don't agree. Besides our halves, and flo on the right wing, the rest of the backline is a shambles, especially if Morris pulls the pin.

We need to sort out our centres and fullback ASAP.

I'm hoping Morris stays, but if he is expecting big dollars, maybe he should be playing left centre. I'm sure he can handle it.

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
With the season over, hopefully we can roll out a few Friday press conferences to confirm these signings

Tez

Juniors
I too welcome the positivity. Let's agree to give the new guys a fair go (if and when they're confirmed). If they read the forum they should be encouraged.

love my saints

Juniors
I don't agree. Besides our halves, and flo on the right wing, the rest of the backline is a shambles, especially if Morris pulls the pin.

We need to sort out our centres and fullback ASAP.

I'm hoping Morris stays, but if he is expecting big dollars, maybe he should be playing left centre. I'm sure he can handle it.

Dugan, B.Moz, Mata'utai, Beale, Nightingale, Widdop, Marshall
sorry but imo that backline isnt a shamble. If B.Moz leaves it could cause a shake up but i wont comment on that untill something is said officially.
I for one think thats a pretty impressive backline.

People don't want Dugan as a centre as he's a fullback now the same ones want Morris moved from his rightful postion of wing amazing.

giboz71

First Grade
sorry but imo that backline isnt a shamble. If B.Moz leaves it could cause a shake up but i wont comment on that untill something is said officially.

Agreed. Personnel isn't necessarily the issue. But the team needs time playing together, that's what's been missing.

We are definitely a prop and edge second rower short, but overall the roster is ok. But now there's salary cap pressure, any combinations that may have been built this year maybe for nought and we need to start again if we lose players.

If this happens, so be it, but whatever roster we assemble, I just hope we stick to it and build rather than chopping and changing at the first sign of trouble.

watatank

Coach

Fullback not settled, centres not settled, something clearly going on with Morris whether we work out something for next season (and beyond) or not which is not helping. We may have players available for those positions but quality of players and the combinations themselves remains to be seen. It looks better on paper than it does in reality at this stage, could change though.

Last edited:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Fullback not settled, centres not settled, something clearly going on with Morris whether we work out something for next season (and beyond) or not which is not helping. We may have players available for those positions but quality of players and the combinations themselves remains to be seen. It looks better on paper than it does in reality at this stage, could change though.

Exactly. We can all rattle off the names in the backline, but we have been changing our fullback and centres all season. We are seriously lacking a big powerful aggressive centre. Runciman, Matai'tua, Beale, Farrell all similar build/type of centre, they don't really do anything to excite me.

Bear in mind that while there was plenty of talent in the NRL, this guy would have come cheap. Never seen him play but everyone thought mike cooper was a poor gamble at the end of last season....

Everyone also thought Aliomai (or whatever the f** his name is), that PNG park player, Pumipi, Harrison, Matthews, Ah Mau, Vea, O'Brien and Groat were poor gambles over the past couple of off seasons and they were right. This bloke is a less-than-reserve-grade standard clown. This is the rubbish we are left to recruit.

Abysmal.

Latest posts