What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex Parra Prop Belted

LL3

Juniors
Well Well Well, it had to come out sooner or later, Greenbergs fantstic CULTURE changed fans had to put their 1001st blight on this game.

Ledbeater bashed in a lift.....!!

Will the media darlings of 09 face any punishment, will Bulldog Force, and Timmah, come out crying, what do you want us to do with those fans?

Lambretta

First Grade
More info required.

Who bashed him? Why was he bashed? Was he actually bashed or just bumped into? Was he caught bashing the bishop in the aforementioned lift and someone missed some words out? Where was the lift? Was it really an escalator and was he standing on the wrong side and not letting people by?

Bulldog Force

Referee
ratchy.gif

El Diablo

Post Whore
More info required.

Who bashed him? Why was he bashed? Was he actually bashed or just bumped into? Was he caught bashing the bishop in the aforementioned lift and someone missed some words out? Where was the lift? Was it really an escalator and was he standing on the wrong side and not letting people by?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-on-friday-night/story-e6frexnr-1225780942370

Parramatta premiership-winning prop Terry Leabeater attacked by Bulldogs fans on Friday night

* September 30, 2009 12:00AM

TERRY Leabeater, the Parramatta premiership-winning prop and spokesman for the 3P rebel ticket at this year's club elections, was assaulted at ANZ Stadium by Bulldogs fans on Friday night.

The ex-player's wife Jenny and another woman were also assaulted.

Leabeater, who required medical treatment after being belted, reported the incident to Parramatta officials and NRL executives at the weekend.

Stadium security helped Leabeater safely from the arena.

ANZ Stadium management were made aware of the incident by Sunday morning. It is understood three Bulldogs fans were involved in the drama.

Police are also investigating the incident, which occurred when Leabeater was inside a stadium lift.

"What those blokes did was pretty ordinary," Leabeater said last night.

"There was no need for it.

"It was a misunderstanding and not even related to the footy.

"There is a far bit of bark off me. But I wasn't worried about myself.

"I was more worried about the girls. I'm not overly happy." Onlookers said the attackers were Bulldogs supporters.

Some claim the fans were not entirely to blame for the flare-up.

Stadium management last night confirmed the incident occurred.

"We are aware of an incident that occurred in one of the stadium's lifts involving an alleged assault," an ANZ Stadium spokesman said.

"One person was provided with medical attention as a result of the incident and our customer service staff provided assistance to this person to make sure he was able to safely continue his way out of the stadium.

Because of the location inside the lift, our CCTV cameras didn't capture the incident and we have not been notified of any complaint made to police about the alleged assault."

Leabeater was the official spokesman for the 3P ticket which gained control during Parramatta Football Club elections and, later, leagues club elections late last year and earlier this year.

He formed a combination with Geoff Bugden - nicknamed The Bookends - for Parramatta in the 1986 Grand Final.

Lambretta

First Grade
Thanks mate.

I have to say that it's pretty depressing hearing these stories, especially when his girls were present. Some people have no respect at all.

Thankfully it's a small minority.

skeepe

Immortal
threads.gif

eusa_clap.gif
to those looking at one side of the story.

Nice weasel words in the article. Not surprised to see you've latched onto them.

Who are these "some people" who claim this? Why are they not quoted, named or in any way identified? Could it be the alleged attackers? If not, who else was there and saw it?

Weasel words are the last thing I would be hanging my hat on, particularly from the Daily Telegraph. According to them, some people said that a Broncos player failed a drug test. What happened with that one?

Goddo

Bench
Honestly, who didn't see something like this comming from bulldogs fans? Its a given. Large Crowd of Dogs fans = some sort of bad behaviour

ByRd

First Grade
so do people just ignore the line where it says "some say the fans ae not entirely to blame" or is it more fun this way???

skeepe

Immortal
so do people just ignore the line where it says "some say the fans ae not entirely to blame" or is it more fun this way???

Read my post above. Who are these people? No attribution = no credit.

nomarg

What a beat up- This story has no proof to back it up- I bet the guy asked for it and got snotted- he has 2 witnesses why not make a police complaint....

If you go to the Footy and act like a dickhead chances are someone will snot you...

Just like if you go anywhere and act like a dickhead...

Greenberg has a right to be pissed by this sort of "journalism"

The General

Juniors
Nice weasel words in the article. Not surprised to see you've latched onto them.

Who are these "some people" who claim this? Why are they not quoted, named or in any way identified? Could it be the alleged attackers? If not, who else was there and saw it?

Weasel words are the last thing I would be hanging my hat on, particularly from the Daily Telegraph. According to them, some people said that a Broncos player failed a drug test. What happened with that one?

What about Leadbeater saying

"It was a misunderstanding and not even related to the footy.

To me this sounds lke it wasn't a random attack and was triggered by something. Why didn't Leadbeater explain the situation fully instead of leaving it open to so much inuendo.

Latest posts