What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion of the Women's Competition

MugaB

Coach
Penrith is too far west. There is nothing to the west of them. You want a team where people are coming from a full 360 radius around them. Better off having the west team 20 or 30 odd kms east of Penrith but easily accessible by train and car.
But then where can the women from the central west progress too, if you have penrith, that service a pathway from areas like bathurst, lithgow, orange, mudgee and dubbo, aswell as penriths catchment.
You'd treat it like how North Qld services most areas around them

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
But then where can the women from the central west progress too, if you have penrith, that service a pathway from areas like bathurst, lithgow, orange, mudgee and dubbo, aswell as penriths catchment.
You'd treat it like how North Qld services most areas around them
This is what I mean! Cast the net wide and you have the potential to catch more. Penrith would be the location to gain the women in the Greater West.

Going by T-boon’s argument, the women in Parra, Balmain, Sydney, North Sydney, etc. could all easily access the city by a larger array of public transport. There’s also a lot more public transport going into the city than to those other areas. Just for arguments sake.

I really don’t think every NRL club should or will have a women’s team. It’ll just create the same issue we have now, maybe even worse as there isn’t anywhere near as much of the player depth in the women’s game as in the men’s. Even looking well into the future, I don’t think the women’s game would have enough players to service 16 teams, I hardly think there’d be enough for 12. I just used 12 to keep the current clubs and include 8 more that represent points all over the country.

The truth of the matter is that one or two NRLW clubs will have to represent an area that is serviced my multiple NRL teams due to player numbers and footprint alone. It’s what is happening right now so I don’t see it changing to include every NRL team.

MugaB

Coach
This is what I mean! Cast the net wide and you have the potential to catch more. Penrith would be the location to gain the women in the Greater West.

Going by T-boon’s argument, the women in Parra, Balmain, Sydney, North Sydney, etc. could all easily access the city by a larger array of public transport. There’s also a lot more public transport going into the city than to those other areas. Just for arguments sake.

I really don’t think every NRL club should or will have a women’s team. It’ll just create the same issue we have now, maybe even worse as there isn’t anywhere near as much of the player depth in the women’s game as in the men’s. Even looking well into the future, I don’t think the women’s game would have enough players to service 16 teams, I hardly think there’d be enough for 12. I just used 12 to keep the current clubs and include 8 more that represent points all over the country.

The truth of the matter is that one or two NRLW clubs will have to represent an area that is serviced my multiple NRL teams due to player numbers and footprint alone. It’s what is happening right now so I don’t see it changing to include every NRL team.
Yes that's what i meant regarding western sydney having the tigers represent them, and Canterbury servicing the southern suburbs of sydney, but as you pointed out dragons could do that aswell as illawarra and shire areas, so maybe drop Canterbury, and maybe melbourne, since they're really not creating enough male juniors to make a full storm side, maybe they wouldn't do enough for a full womens club neither, but we'll see in future maybe, that leaves 10 teams spread out and canberra should be able to take on suburbs below the ACT too, so until Melbourne can do something there, the pathway could start at the raiders

TheRam

Coach
If i were to admit more womens teams
It would morso like these 12 teams and only more if we expand to WA/SA.

Brisbane Broncos
New Zealand Warriors
Sydney Roosters (City+Northern Sydney)
St George-Illawarra Dragons (Sthcoast+Shire)
Wests Tigers (Western Sydney)
Newcastle Knights (Gosford+North Coast)
Canberra Raiders (+Country NSW South)
Penrith Panthers (+Country NSW West)
Canterbury Bulldogs (Southern Sydney)
Gold Coast Titans (+Northern Rivers)
North QLD Gold Stars (+PNG)
Melbourne Storm

You guys are fools and idiots if you think Parra don't deserve a licence and or won't get one. Not even the boofheads who run the game would get it that wrong.

Even the dumb arse Gov chose Parra over Penrith and Canterbury for a Stadium ffs. Dreamers...Hahahaha.... Lets see how you spin that one fellas?

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Well currently sydney roosters are getting women from Newcastle, isabell kelly for example, but then she's gone to dragons now. For me its all about a pathway not nessesarely club based promoted womens teams, as for parramatta women team they'd only be for parramatta and their catchment, where wests tigers represent a larger area of balmain, ashfield and campbelltown, but play in Parramatta at Bankwest, thats just an example

Dreamer. Parramatta wipe the floor in every metric, so lets leave them out?

I know this is hurtful, but it isn't my fault that they follow lesser teams. We need to get this right for the good of the game. So no more inferior teams unless there is a bloody good reason for it and so far no one has come up with one.

So Parra, Penrith, Souths and North Sydney Sea Eagles in and Dogs, Sharks and Tigers out.

Last edited:

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
No It isn't. Use your brain a little.
I did. You said it would be embarrassing for the Roosters women's team to play in a large new stadium because it would look empty, but you said Parra has a new stadium and therefore justifies having a women's team.... Wouldn't the crowd also look pretty average at Bankwest for a women's game? Big multi-million dollar stadium with no one in it.... Seems like a contradiction to me.

Anyway, I'm going to agree to disagree with you and not spend anymore of my time arguing with you. It is a concept only and if that upsets you to the point of petty insults and childish arguments then more fool you.

In future, if you don't like something then come up with your own proposal or ignore it. You just make yourself appear immature and incapable of constructive debate without name-calling.

Adios, Amigo!

T-Boon

Coach
I wouldn't give a WNRL licence to any of the western Sydney team because they refused to support the competition from the start (they easily could have but they were too stupid). I would start a new brand in the west.

siv

First Grade
NRL game day is evolving into the following

NRL
NRL Touch Womens
NRL Touch Mens
NRLW

Vee

First Grade
Dreamer. Parramatta wipe the floor in every metric, so lets leave them out?

I know this is hurtful, but it isn't my fault that they follow lesser teams. We need to get this right for the good of the game. So no more inferior teams unless there is a bloody good reason for it and so far no one has come up with one.

So Parra, Penrith, Souths and North Sydney Sea Eagles in and Dogs, Sharks and Tigers out.
NQ Gold Stars?

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
gold-stars-kit-840x560.jpg

Look familiar?

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Melbourne Thunder?
Wouldn't surprise me. Thier junior men's team in the NSW comp is called the Thunderbolts. I would think that the Storm would still call their women's team the Storm too though. It's fairly gender neautral (if you ignore/get rid of Storm Guy or make a Storm Girl on the logo.)

MugaB

Coach
Wouldn't surprise me. Thier junior men's team in the NSW comp is called the Thunderbolts. I would think that the Storm would still call their women's team the Storm too though. It's fairly gender neautral (if you ignore/get rid of Storm Guy or make a Storm Girl on the logo.)
The logo isnt a guy or a girl, their really isn't a gender there, also i was just reading the jersey, regarding melbourne thunder, I'd choose not to change it either

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
The logo isnt a guy or a girl, their really isn't a gender there, also i was just reading the jersey, regarding melbourne thunder, I'd choose not to change it either
Hahaha, yeah I know the logo isn't necessarily a man but the association is there with the game day mascot being called "Storm-guy". I dunno.... was just a random thought.

Latest posts