What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion Team Names

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Seeing as Brisbane seems to love alliteration (Brisbane Broncos, Bombers, Bears (old AFL), Bandits (ABL) Bullets (NBL)... I think you get my drift) a couple of ideas I was thinking of for a new team:

Brisbane Barbarians (to unite all those who against the Broncos)
Brisbane Browns (Their logo could be an Eastern Brown Snake and Brisbanians love drinking a Milton Mango (XXXX beer) next to the Brown Snake (Brisbane River) which runs close to Suncorp Stadium.)
I think this was my original post on Brisbane Browns

blue bags

First Grade
I really like the idea I found on here (can’t remember who) for a 2nd Brisbane team.

I like the Brisbane Browns with a Brown Snake as their logo.

You can borrow the designs from the Cleveland Browns and the colours to me fit QLD

Some people may have issues with it matching the NFL team but I think the Brown snake aspect makes it original
yes i like the whole idea

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Brisbane Butchers with navy and white vertical stripes. Too perfect.

Definitely stick to the red and white...

vector-clip-art-of-retro-butcher-holding-a-cleaver-in-folded-arms-over-a-red-diamond-by-patrimonio-34838.jpg

englands-bloodied-defender-terry-butcher-celebrates-after-a-goalless-picture-id459656690

BRISBANE BUTCHERS!!!!!!!

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Rotterdam Pitbills.jpg
Rotterdam Pitbulls (in brown) from the NRLB (Dutch Rugby League) comp over in Europe. Could be another concept for the Brisbane Browns kit, although I think the V-style has been done to death in RL.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It’s a bit too left field and eccentric but Brisbane Knackers would be perfect, given that a knacker is a bloke who slaughters useless horses.

T-Boon

Coach
Just another concept for a second Brisbane team that I hashed together. I like the colours because theres no other team that uses brown (since the Panthers have gone to all black) and the combo with the orange looks cool. Obviously copyright would need to be negociated with the Cleavland Browns in the NFL but I think it's solid.
View attachment 33272

This is the Browns idea that is great.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
In The Illawarra there’s a local side called the Thirroul Butchers who play in blue and white too. Club emblem:

thirroul-butchers-rugby-league-club.jpg

mongoose

Coach
Brisbane 2 should be named after a snake. I have a large park with a creek running through it behind my house and I see snakes all the time when I walk through the area. f**king Brisbane and snakes!
The river is like a snake as well.

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Brisbane 2 should be named after a snake. I have a large park with a creek running through it behind my house and I see snakes all the time when I walk through the area. f**king Brisbane and snakes!
The river is like a snake as well.
Well the Brisbane River is known locally as "The Brown Snake".

Latest posts