What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expulsion?

JK

In reference to the front page article on Leagueunlimited of Gallop throws the Bulldogs out of this years competition as a result of the misconduct I will walk away from following the NRL.

I'm sure that it is a beat-up, I am sure that it is not going to happen but I will just state that I will be done with the NRL completely if they take that course of action.

The Sydney Bulls play not to far from my house - they will like another fan. The odd international will still get my dollar as well.

The Colonel

Immortal
They are allowed to however its a pretty severe penalty if they do. To penalise a club and its legion of supporters is very harsh especially when it could well be due to the actions of an alleged few that would have them expelled. I would hope that Gallop doesn't take this action. It just wouldn't be the same without the Dogs. Up until recent events have been publicised I have always respected them as opponents - my respect for them is waning however more because of what happens off the field than on it.

ibeme

First Grade
I would think that to even just suspend the Bulldogs for a year would be effectively ousting them for good, unless the leagues club is willing to cover their expenses in lue of gate takings and sponsorship. That'd be a fair wack. Then you've got the issue of all those players sitting out a year, possibly in all grades.

JK

Exactly - we would have to shut up shop for sure. Even moving to Wellington/Gold Coast/etc would not save us...

The Godfather

Juniors
More from the NRL's point that they want to appear that they are going to take a tough stance to stamp out this behaviour. Will talk about considering expulsion, but I doubt that it will go through as the chances are that players that do behave themsleves will be severly punished.

( Sort of like dropping a nuke on a city - you will kill the good and the bad )

Dog-E

Juniors
Expel the highest grossing merchandising team of last season...expel the highest crowd-pulling Sydney team...

Sure - if Mr. Gallop wants to KILL Rugby League, and hand the Eastern Seaboard market to Rugby Yawnion...GO AHEAD!!

*edit* Fines may be in order...but talk of expulsion is jjust INSANE!!

Does he think the club SANCTIONED these 'activities' as a way of winding players down after the match or something?? *edit*

*edit*

*edit*

The NRL should tread very, VERY carefully here!...Else they could end up doing themselves FAR more harm than good!...I would NEVER walk away from the Dogs...Ever. But many ppl possibly WOULD...and consequently the NRL in general...Do NOT cut of your noses to spite your faces NRL!!!!

chileman

Coach
:lol: Dog-E....the edit king! I just hope sanity prevails and if found guilty, the players responsible are given the boot (which I'm sure Turvey will do) and there is nothing else to do but get on with the season and our great game!

gaterooze

Bench
Gallop didn't say he would expel the Bulldogs, he just listed the powers available to the NRL, one of which happened to be expulsion. He didn't emphasise it or even hint at a threat.

Don't worry. It won't come to that. They will probably face a fine though, and individual players may be de-registered, but mostly the sanctions will be aimed towards preventing this sort of thing in the future.

S2H

Juniors
It wouldn't be out of the question to expel the 6-8 players involved. Especially if they are found guilty.

Expelling a club is out of the question. The players are all adults, they should all be held responsible for their actions. The Buldogs fans should not suffer by loosing their club.

Those involved should be punished. The club should deal with the consequences of loosing players, fining players etc. but the club should still have a team.

The Colonel

Immortal
S2H said:
It wouldn't be out of the question to expel the 6-8 players involved. Especially if they are found guilty.

If the allegations are proved I think the last thing on the players minds will be if they can play football again.

Dog-E

Juniors
Phillips said:
the dogs should be kicked out and never to return :clap: :clap:

Well that's the only way the Eels win win anything EVER again...so u would say that wouldn't u?!?!

TOP WORK!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
chileman said:
:lol: Dog-E....the edit king! I just hope sanity prevails and if found guilty, the players responsible are given the boot (which I'm sure Turvey will do) and there is nothing else to do but get on with the season and our great game!

LMAO....I didn't edit that - a mod did...I may have....gone a little overboard there!! Tho I was careful not to say anything litigious...I will bow to the mod's wishes on this one! :p

All I will add to all of what was removed is:

THIS is what happens when former QC's and legal people become involved in sport...the borders get blurred, and things get unnecessarily ugly!! Quite WHAT the NRL are doing conducting their own investigations BEFORE anything has been proven or formalised - is quite beyond me!...FAR more sensible in my eyes to sit back, let the dust settle - see what happens with the Police....and then move from there! :roll:

What's next!?!? Can't go 2 the footy unless u have Personal Public Liability Insurance!??

BAH!!!!! :evil:

Dog-E

Juniors
gaterooze said:
Gallop didn't say he would expel the Bulldogs, he just listed the powers available to the NRL, one of which happened to be expulsion. He didn't emphasise it or even hint at a threat.

Don't worry. It won't come to that. They will probably face a fine though, and individual players may be de-registered, but mostly the sanctions will be aimed towards preventing this sort of thing in the future.

The threat has been on the TIP of his tongue at EVERY opportunity...he's dangling it over our head like a sword of Damocles...he should just BACK OFF until all the facts are known...E V E R Y last ONE of them!!!...Else he risks making a fool of himself & the NRL!

ibeme

First Grade
It might be a pressure tactic to ensure that the Bulldogs come down hard on anyone who has breached the rules.

Jic Jarrett

Juniors
There is no way that The Dogs will be expelled, nor should they. The players who are alldgedly concerned should get the axe and worse IF found guilty, but this isn't the clubs fault. It's just unfortuante that this portrays such a proud club like the Bulldogs in such a bad light due to the alleged actions of a few individuals.

~doggie~diva~

Juniors
Jic Jarrett said:
There is no way that The Dogs will be expelled, nor should they. The players who are alldgedly concerned should get the axe and worse IF found guilty, but this isn't the clubs fault. It's just unfortuante that this portrays such a proud club like the Bulldogs in such a bad light due to the alleged actions of a few individuals.
well said JJ. thanks!