What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expulsion?

I just can't see that expulsion is going to happen. Mind you, I didn't expect the NRL to dock you 37 points in 2002 over the salary cap breaches either.

Igor

Juniors
Expulsion dosent make sense, unless the club as a whole (down to the managment) are found to be culpable in this incident. Even then imagine the outcry (justifiable) from the fans.

I really feel for the fans of the Dogs, many of my family members are Bulldogs supporters, my grandmother being one. I know this would be breaking her heart.

Moffo

Referee
Stewbum said:
Interesting reading.

Here's a hypothetical for you dogs fans. And note I have refrained from comment on the issues above.

The Bulldogs are kicked out in the NRL as a result of this but are allowed to compete in the Premier League or JB Cup.

Will you still follow them like you do now?

Of course i would. Rugby League as a code has always come first for me, id still go out to Belmore. And id still watch the NRL, although itd be an extremely bitter pill for me to swallow

Cheers,
Moffo

tigger

Juniors
Kick em out, they killed all what was good about League in the first place. Now the NRL is just a bunch of spoiled kids who would sell their grandmothers for a buck. The Bulldogs are the prime example of this and along with Brisbane, Melbourne, NZ, Canberra, Cronulla & Parramatta they should be kicked to form their own league which costs $95.00 for a bit of grass on the hill just so these girls can get paid more. I understand what you bulldogs supporters are going through as effectively you were the ones responsible for the death of great FOUNDATION clubs like Balmain (well, we are the only great foundation club except for Newtown). *edit*

Dog-E

Juniors
Yes, yes how about ALL the interlopers p*ss off and then yourselves and Balmain can fight it out for the title every season eh?!?...and u know what? U STILL won't ever win anything!!! :lol:

Sharkie73

Bench
I wonder :? if the police can prove those claims that officals put pressure on people to keep quiet about last years and this current incident what would happen then??????

ibeme

First Grade
Sharkie1973 said:
I wonder :? if the police can prove those claims that officals put pressure on people to keep quiet about last years and this current incident what would happen then??????

Whether they did or didn't doesn't matter. She went to the police regardless, and the DPP through the case out.

Sharkie73

Bench
ibeme
It could come under the heading of;
trying to pervert the course of justice.

Another gaol offence :?:

ibeme

First Grade
I'm not sure whether it can be classed as trying to pervert the cause of justice unless charges are laid. Anyway, I don't think asking someone not to go to the police would fall into this category. If they tried to bribe her or something then that's a different matter.

The club has denied it anyway. They say that they got the club chaplain to counsel her, and he backs up their claims.

I'm no law expert, but I doubt that anything can come of this.

Dog-E

Juniors
tigger said:
11 Premierships sticky fingers

The last of which maybe your great grandad can tell you about sometime again...IF you're a good little bub & eat up all your apple mush!! :blahb:

[furrycat]

Coach
Sharkie1973 said:
ibeme
It could come under the heading of;
trying to pervert the course of justice.

Another gaol offence :?:

Perverting the court of justice is a totally different thing to that...