What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f**k YEAH the 7 year wait is over!!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
How good was that! I was soo sick of watching the storm beat us! I'm stoked.
Dugan and Tongue were great Tilse had a big game great team effort!

Timbo

Staff member
I am about to start a Masters Degree.

Why is this important?

I was still in high school the last time we knocked off the Storm!

nickraider

Juniors
Great win. I am stoked. Boys showed a lot of character too. I was getting very nervous towards the end but we showed great spirit and commitment. On ya boys - proud as punch!!

Green Machine

First Grade
I thought with 10 minutes to go, we were going to get beat. I thought Croker was going to drop the ball.
Dugan was very impressive for his second stint in First Grade. I very impressed with Monas. If Cameron Smith was our No.9, we would he won by 30. Dummy half is still our biggest problem. We need a permanent No.9 who can play 80 minutes,

Timbo

Staff member
If Cameron Smith was our No.9, we would he won by 30. Dummy half is still our biggest problem. We need a permanent No.9 who can play 80 minutes,

Agree.

I would make two changes for next week.

1 - Thurling off the bench for eithe Waddell or Flanagan.
2 - Herbert for anyone. Who here can kick?

shear_joy9

Coach
herbert's kicking almost cost canberra the game. I have no idea why campese was so reluctant to kick, his long kicking game is hugely relied upon. Herbert's attempts for distance resulted in high lofts downfield which were candy for slater.

Cryptic

Juniors
I was going to say the same in regards to Herbert... I can't believe the review on LU rated him as one of our best! Minus Campo's kick out on the full (which was so close to an awesome 40-20 he can be forgiven) his long distance kicking range shat all over Herbert... Herbert has an OK good "kick for the winger" game but that's basically it and to be fair he is kicking to Monas and Carney while Campo is kicking to Croker and Graham (although Phil is getting some form back, he is still nothing compaired with Justin or Joel). BTW WTF with is that? Wouldn't we have our best kicker kicking to out best players?

Timbo

Staff member
We badly need to get rid of Herbert.

Problem is, who replaces him? McCrone is hardly a worldbeater, and the TYC game showed that Mick Picker is still a waaaays off.

Anyone know how Smith is going?

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Herbert Layed on 3 trys today 2 from teh boot and one with a pass..Although he was still just solid IMO I'm surprised about how harsh some are being we might have lost withouthim today!

Also as said no one else is up to replacing him

Herbert Layed on 3 trys today 2 from teh boot and one with a pass..Although he was still just solid IMO I'm surprised about how harsh some are being we might have lost withouthim today!

Also as said no one else is up to replacing him

Agree 100%. He is on the way up and IMO I thought he played pretty well today. What is he 21? Give him time. People on here are being a bit harsh IMO.

I thought Herb was fine today. Both him and Campo put in a couple of dodgy kicks each but generally he was pretty good.

Dugan was fantastic. Since his last stint in 1st grade he seems to have stepped up another notch.

I thought with 10 minutes to go, we were going to get beat.

So did I + I thought that if we didn't beat the Storm today we would never beat them ever again.

Dummy half is still our biggest problem. We need a permanent No.9 who can play 80 minutes,

I'd be giving Flanagan another run. We paid good money for him, good judges say he has plenty of ability - surely deserves more than roughly 2 games to prove himself.

nickraider

Juniors
Agree 100%. He is on the way up and IMO I thought he played pretty well today. What is he 21? Give him time. People on here are being a bit harsh IMO.

He is 22 I think. I too thought he went well today. People still have to remember that he's only played about 15 or 16 first grade games. He's improving all the time imo.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Congrats, Raiders & supporters. Always love to see the smug Storm take a beating, and certainly don't mind the Raiders handing out said beating. Only saw the last 20mins but who's your fullback? Dugan? Bloody impressive kick returns.

aussies1st

Staff member
Get Waddell onto the bench for Plum or Miller. Thurling just needs more game time, he was awesome the week before when he got 50 minutes.

And great win so happy we finally beat them.

trev

Juniors
Firstly, great win and finally a win over the Storm. I thought the usual would happen in the last 10 minutes and the boys would throw it in, however, they stuck with it this time.

I actually thought it was one of Herbert's better games. It looked like Campo was giving him more space and control and it seemed to work quite well most of the time. Campo usually takes control and can overshadow Herbert and I think that works against the team at times.

In the game where Herbert and McCrone were the halves, they shared the roles, rather than one being more dominant, and yesterday, between Herbert and Campo, a similar play was happening.

I hope the enthusiasm and desperation will continue for the remainder of the season...because that is what has been missing.

Timbo

Staff member
Look, I was happy with a lot of Herb's play. His running game was good and his short kicking game was very dangerous.

But if he ever, ever has a long kicking game like that again, I will personally chop his leg off. It was like Slater had a beacon above his head and Herb was aiming at it. You CAN NOT give the best fullback in the world that much ball and that much space and get away with it. We were damn lucky he didn't cut us to ribbons the way he did at OP earlier in the season. We gave him every opportunity to do so.

Kelly

Juniors
I have to admit when I first read this thread title I immediately though it was about the Matty Johns sex scandal 7 years ago and then I though maybe mullens 2ky has had a lack of success with a partner for 7 years.

Oh silly me.

Dazraider

Juniors
Dugan will get better in time , he has the natural talent but MUST be kept in first grade to excel his gift

Latest posts