What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Kemp Society inc

ozbash

Referee
Sung to Mickeys fave tune ,,

He's the person on the wing, having a little cry
D-U-D, D-U-M , K-E-M-P-Y
When theres tackles to be made, he looks for another guy
D-U-D, D-U-M , K-E-M-P-Y

Duddems Kemp, Duddems Kemp
Youre such a gent
Any softer and I'd say you're bent

Who misses all his kicks, every time he trys
D-U-D, D-U-M , K-E-M-P-Y
Who told he was quick, "I can really fly"
D-U-D, D-U-M , K-E-M-P-Y

Duddems Kemp, Duddems Kemp
Youre such a gent
Any softer and I'd say you're bent

f**k OFF BACK TO BRISBANE KEMPY.
you are a fraud.

AliN

Live Update Team
ha ha now that is funny..

however

Why has Clearly and co given the kicking duties to someone who had never kicked a NRL goal before he came here.

Last night 1/4.

On the field who are more than capable were:

Hohaia
Stace
Paddy
and some say Moon.

Maybe it's time the pressure of kicking duties were taken off young Kempy thereby allowing him to concentrate on why we signed the kid.
His confidence is down, let him get back to scoring tries like he did for the Broncos last year.
He nearly had one too last night.. but Paddy hogged it, and the head went down..

Poor Kempy..

WarriorDog

Juniors
Kemp does some pretty good things at times but like a number of Warriors players, there is no consistency...they're like a box of chocolates, although thats probably half the fun in supporting them...maybe give Moon a go at kicking the goals, he needs an extra trick in his bag because he aint got much right now :lol:

Rich102

Staff member
No. For mine the header says it all.
We bought a dud. (Another one for the collection!)

Rich102

Staff member
Kemp was the Broncos top try scorer in '08.....what has changed guys...

Quite simply a different team with a different style.
When we bought Tate I was against it; not because he wasn't a good player but because he wasn't what we needed. We had problems in the halves and weren't getting good ball to the centres - so buying an expensive centre was a waste of money.
So Tate arrived. Nobody can fault his desire or work ethic. But does he get good clean ball? No! Does he set up his winger? No.

We still have problems in the halves! Manu get ball because he goes looking or because he get cut-out ball. Kemp goes into dummy half looking and just wastes tackles. (His average run distance from dummy- half is 5 meters - half way to the opposition.)

The style of play the Warriors are playing is one or two off the ruck 90% of the time. We need another Manu style winger. Solomona or Toupu would be preferable to Kemp who needs setting into open space.

So, in answer to your question, nothing has changed. At the Broncos or the Warriors.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha you guys are a joke.

Kemp is a good player. If he was still at Brisbane he would have 7-8 tries under his belt already this year and you guys would be singing his praises. He barely gets to touch the ball in any sort of try scoring situation or with room to move.

Rich102

Staff member
Haha you guys are a joke.

Kemp is a good player. If he was still at Brisbane he would have 7-8 tries under his belt already this year and you guys would be singing his praises. He barely gets to touch the ball in any sort of try scoring situation or with room to move.

Exactly my point. He is not still at the Broncos.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
What a sh*t thread.

When there's a tackle to be made he looks for another guy? He's made at least 2 one on one try savers this season on our line. I'd hardly say he's avoiding making tackles.

And yes he is fast, as evident by the Knights game where he flew passed the Knights before getting illegally Gidley'd. It's hard to produce when he's not being given the opportunities.

He made 2 line breaks last night, both times under pressure when the Storm had produced good kicks away from Hohaia. Kemp attacked the ball in difficult conditions and then broke the line to put us on the front foot. That takes effort.

On top of that Hohaia completely stuffed up against the Roosters and it was only Kemp's chase that forced the player into touch allowing the Warriors prime position to take the match winning field goal.

But hey don't let any of that get in the way of attacking one of our own players.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Seriously for a guy who has probably watched league for 30-40 years you would think Ozbash would have a clue.

ozbash

Referee
'clue' is my middle name.

takes a few of you a bit longer to wake up to a dud player, I can understand that,, but 7 games..... come on.

Rovelli

Bench
We should change goal-kickers. Jones, Ah Van, Hohaia have all kicked in the past, with better accuracy. Our tries were from wide out though.

Kemp hasn't seen much ball. With Manu on one wing being the most dangerous winger from close range in the game, we often go to him. Never mind Denan, who is a great finisher with legitimate pace and skills.

I don't think Kemp is a bad player at all, but I don't think he's a particularly great fit for the Warriors. Most of the attacking play is directed towards Ropati and Vatuvei, which means Kemp doesn't get to be utilised as much as he otherwise could be. In the role he's playing a big, solid and defensively sound winger would probably fit in better.

He doesn't look like much of a goalkicker though and I don't think I'd back him to get many from out wide, which could be tough when someone like Vatuvei scores so many tries out there. I don't think any of our kicking options are terribly great though, which makes it a shame that Witt is gone!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
if the gimps in 3, 6 and 7 can actually put him into space there might not be as much bitching.

Magic Stick

Juniors
We should change goal-kickers. Jones, Ah Van, Hohaia have all kicked in the past, with better accuracy. Our tries were from wide out though.

Kemp hasn't seen much ball. With Manu on one wing being the most dangerous winger from close range in the game, we often go to him. Never mind Denan, who is a great finisher with legitimate pace and skills.

Stacey Jones career goal kicking 69%
Lance Hohaia career goal kicking 60%

Stacey struggles to punt the ball 20m.Id say his goalkicking would be the same these days

Cameron Smith kicking at 89% this year missed kicks last night

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Oh Ozbash, resorting to plagiarism??? Bad form.

As has been said already, I don't think Kemp gets a fair slice of the action. And it took a centre 3x the player JBro is, to get the ball to the other wing of the field.

But I must say that we need to address the goal kicking issue. I f**king hate to say this, but I actually missed Michael Witt in the side last night.

Latest posts