What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Kemp Society inc

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I think Kemp's goal kicking has been blown out of proportion. Here are his stats from games so far (Compared to opp. kicker):

R1 vs Parramatta: 5 from 5 (Burt 3 from 3)
R2 vs Manly: 3 from 5 (Orford 2 from 5)
R3 vs Brisbane: 1 from 2 (Parker 3 from 6)
R4 vs South Sydney: 2 from 3 (Sandow 3 from 4)
R5 vs Newcastle: 3 from 4 (Gidley 2 from 5)
R6 vs Roosters: 2 from 4 (Fitzgibbon 2 from 3)
R7 vs Storm: 1 from 4 (Smith 1 from 3)

Gee, he doesn't look too bad when some facts have been put on the table, does he???

wittyfan

Referee
The above are hardly the best kickers in the world, Orford and Smith in particular.

Thurston, Gordon and Soward have hardly missed this year.

ozbash

Referee
hey wazzbag, ive pinched your stats and i'm using them at VOT.

If I have infringed any copyright laws,, tough.

signed
No More Mr Nice Guy !!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Put him at fullback and you will see him score tries, or alternatively give him the damn ball..honestly Kemp is lucky to get the ball 5-10 times in a game for you guys, he would get the ball 10 times in a half from Lockyer alone, give him the ball!

ozbash

Referee
Put him at fullback and you will see him score tries, or alternatively give him the damn ball..honestly Kemp is lucky to get the ball 5-10 times in a game for you guys, he would get the ball 10 times in a half from Lockyer alone, give him the ball!

:crazy: :crazy:

or, or, or he could go looking for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

interesting note, last game v storm, all the backs did over the 100 mtr thaing,,, well, nearly all.

kimp did 60 :eek:

Iafeta

Referee
Kemp is your Ferrari type back. You don't send him out to do the dirty work. Ropati, Vatuvei, Mannering are all Mack Truck types. You don't send them out to do the pretty finishing to impress the chicks. That's the Ferrari's job. The problem is, if you keep the Ferrari parked in the garage because you don't have the ability to string passes together to put them on an open track, the Ferrari becomes useless. I often wonder whether we'd be better finding another Refrigerator Mack Truck on the opposite wing to Vatuvei. One who knows the Vatuvei sidestep, because frankly they won't be put into space often enough so will have to do it all themselves.

There was two or three occasions against Melbourne where he was backing up ready to make the break, but the final short pass didn't come. If it did, he'd have racked up a phenomenal amount of metres also. As well as a number of tries.

Am I the only one amazed that so far none of our halves have managed to slide a grubber in behind the line for him to sprint onto into the in goal? The Broncos made an artform of it, just a simple bring them up, drop it onto the boot and watch Kemp score. Stacey seems preoccupied still with the bomb to Vatuvei, Moon doesn't kick in the red zone, and Fien's kicks in this area generally hit the middrift of an opponent. Hmmmm....

Rich102

Staff member
Stop complaining. If Kemp scored all those tries the Warriors would have won more games and Wazza wouldn't be leading the tipping comp.

You can't have everything!:cool:

Micistm

Bench
I'd be interested in seeing stats from the last couple of years as to how well any winger opposite to Manu has gone. But I can't be buggered looking for them!
If anyone has the opportunity to phone in during Priceys hour on Tues afternoon on Radio Sport (Tues, 3-4pm), it'd be interesting to hear his view on Kemp, THAT side of the field, how much training and practice is leaned toward making that side more attacking and opportunist...or whether it's majority focussed on Manu's wing. Which is cool with Manu in form as he is more often and reliably...but we do look a little predictable

Rich102

Staff member
My greatest concern is this:
Since Stacey left management bought Rovelli to replace him - partnered in the halves with Witt. It soon became obvious to everybody, except Warriors central, that the backline was no longer getting good ball.
Instead of fixing the problem they then bought Tate (at great expense) to play at center, where he has been starved of good ball and certainly has not been inclined to share any with his winger.
Now they buy a new winger who, we are told,"needs to be given quality ball and lots of space".
Have we fixed the problems in the halves? No!
Is Stacy the long term answer? No!
Henderson is being resigned and Fien is being given the cold shoulder, yet Fien is a much better hooker than Henderson. What gives?
It now looks like Tuimavave may be gone for a long time, if he returns at all.

We have a greater need in the halves than anywhere else. Forget big signings in the outside backs. WE NEED GOOD HALVES NOW!

Skinner

Coach
My greatest concern is this:
Since Stacey left management bought Rovelli to replace him - partnered in the halves with Witt. It soon became obvious to everybody, except Warriors central, that the backline was no longer getting good ball.
Instead of fixing the problem they then bought Tate (at great expense) to play at center, where he has been starved of good ball and certainly has not been inclined to share any with his winger.
Now they buy a new winger who, we are told,"needs to be given quality ball and lots of space".
Have we fixed the problems in the halves? No!
Is Stacy the long term answer? No!
Henderson is being resigned and Fien is being given the cold shoulder, yet Fien is a much better hooker than Henderson. What gives?
It now looks like Tuimavave may be gone for a long time, if he returns at all.

We have a greater need in the halves than anywhere else. Forget big signings in the outside backs. WE NEED GOOD HALVES NOW!

Way too much common sense in there Rich.

He's the person on the wing, having a little cry
D-U-D, D-U-M , K-E-M-P-Y
When theres tackles to be made, he looks for another guy
D-U-D, D-U-M , K-E-M-P-Y

Duddems Kemp, Duddems Kemp
Youre such a gent
Any softer and I'd say you're bent

Who misses all his kicks, every time he trys
D-U-D, D-U-M , K-E-M-P-Y
Who told he was quick, "I can really fly"
D-U-D, D-U-M , K-E-M-P-Y

Duddems Kemp, Duddems Kemp
Youre such a gent
Any softer and I'd say you're bent

f**k OFF BACK TO BRISBANE KEMPY.
you are a fraud.

Very poor effort, simpleton. I`ve got a better one:

He's that idiot on the forum, always going on
D-U-D, D-U-M-B , OZBY
When theres rubbish to be said, he raises his dirty hand
D-U-D, D-U-M-B , OZBY

Duddems Ozby, Duddems Ozby
You`re so jealous and bitter
Any sadder and I'd say you're a sheep shagger

Who fails with all his posts, every time he tries
D-U-D, D-U-M-B , OZBY
Who said he has a brain, "I`m a moderator"
Look in his ass and you`ll find a vibrator

You`re so jealous and bitter

f**k OFF BACK INTO THE COW`S ARSE OZBY.
you are a fraud.

Rovelli

Bench
Same old, same old. I think Kemp would have scored the try Ah Van did.

I also think Kemp could have made a better fist of those kicks.

Very poor effort, simpleton. I`ve got a better one:

He's that idiot on the forum, always going on
D-U-D, D-U-M-B , OZBY
When theres rubbish to be said, he raises his dirty hand
D-U-D, D-U-M-B , OZBY

You`re so jealous and so bitter

Who fails with all his posts, every time he tries
D-U-D, D-U-M-B , OZBY
Who said he has a brain, "I`m a moderator"
Look in his ass and you`ll find a vibrator

You`re so jealous and so bitter

f**k OFF BACK INTO THE COW`S ARSE OZBY.
you are a fraud.

Oops I wanted to edit it and edit up posting it again.

The part: `so jealous and bitter` sounds much better as `so jealous and so bitter`

Better rythm

beads6

First Grade
If you blokes don't want Kemp I am sure the Broncos will take him back. Kemp doesn't fit into the Warriors attacking plans IMO. The Warriors tend to score most trys through the middle of the ground rather plays that involve the winger. Kemp is a freak you guys are lucky you have him in your sqaud.