What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Kemp Society inc

ozbash

Referee
I f**king hate to say this, but I actually missed Michael Witt in the side last night.

Huge admission... :shock:

interesting to note that young Winterstien for the broncs (took nancy's place) is also getting rave reviews...

nibbs

Bench
i'd rather pick on moon tbh. he is sh*t. bring back witt ffs

kemp just has not had the opportunities this season. the f**k are you meant to do when you play outside brent tate who doesn't really pass it, and then PAV who is fragile on defence and who doesn't exactly create much on attack either. the way we've been playing i'm not surprised either. moon and jones can be blamed for this imo.

f.o ozbash imo, he is clueless imo...

Mig2006

Juniors
Poor ole Kemp is busy stretching, trying to stay warm on the wing because he never sees quality ball. The Warriors (and to an extend fair enough) overtly go out of their way to send the attack towards big Manu.

If the Warriors are to be an attacking force like the Broncos are at the moment, they need someone who can pass the ball left to right. Jones is playing well for an ole fella but his pass in that direction is like throwing rainbows. GIVE HIM SOME EARLY AND QUALITY BALL!

As for goal kicking, those who think he is crap should get out there and see how hard it is to knock them over from the sideline while the rain is pi$$ing down into your eyes - not an easy task.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
If the Warriors are to be an attacking force like the Broncos are at the moment, they need someone who can pass the ball left to right. Jones is playing well for an ole fella but his pass in that direction is like throwing rainbows.

lol great call.

Rich102

Staff member
Poor ole Kemp is busy stretching, trying to stay warm on the wing because he never sees quality ball. The Warriors (and to an extend fair enough) overtly go out of their way to send the attack towards big Manu.

If the Warriors are to be an attacking force like the Broncos are at the moment, they need someone who can pass the ball left to right. Jones is playing well for an ole fella but his pass in that direction is like throwing rainbows. GIVE HIM SOME EARLY AND QUALITY BALL!

As for goal kicking, those who think he is crap should get out there and see how hard it is to knock them over from the sideline while the rain is pi$$ing down into your eyes - not an easy task.

Fair point! But before the Storm game his average was only 70%, including an important miss from close to in front.

Scott

Bench
I'm happy to give him more time. He hasn't had a centre giving him ball at all yet. He looks good in and around the ruck, nearly broken through a couple of times. I don;t think he is too far away.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
LOL it is spreading

Mentioned the Warriors at work today, and the office girl says

"I don't like Kemp at all, they should get rid of him"

Micistm

Bench
I'm happy to give him more time. He hasn't had a centre giving him ball at all yet. He looks good in and around the ruck, nearly broken through a couple of times. I don;t think he is too far away.

I agree with that, and IMO he's treated a bit harsh. The teams all been hot and cold this year, not the powerhouse year it was hyped to be. They're winning games and getting better, which is the name of the game in this comp.
It must be hard for Kemp to be on that side, waiting waiting waiting when so much attack revolves around the other side and Manu especially.
I get the feeling if he got a good break, a good game with a couple of tries, he'd be off. It involves some of the other members of the team doing their part as well so Kemp can do his

Iafeta

Referee
I wasn't keen on Kemp, till I seen him live for the first time on the weekend. He's got some wheels. He was riding shotgun a load of times, and IMO a couple of times if they had have played a short ball he was going the length of the field. We're slick getting it out to Manu, but it just seems we struggle going left to right for some reason. Would love to see a couple of little kicks in behind the line for him inside the 20 (not bombs), his speed could do a lot of damage... as it nearly did against the Roosters, with him nearly causing Perritt to open up for a try for us.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Haha you guys are a joke.

Kemp is a good player. If he was still at Brisbane he would have 7-8 tries under his belt already this year and you guys would be singing his praises. He barely gets to touch the ball in any sort of try scoring situation or with room to move.

This man he speaks the truth.

If Kemp was getting good ball and wasting it - blow up.

If you are calling for another set of Ropati and Vatuvei on the other flank and think it'd be a master stroke - you better prepare for disappointment if because all this possession you think would go their way has to come from somewhere - and the track record so far in 2009 suggest it won't be leaving the Ropati/Vatuvei side of the field anytime soon.

He's a quality winger who has seen no ball at all this season. Plus he's probably on a modest salary for his tryscoring tally from last year given he signed early on in 2008 - so give him a break and consider the fact that if Ropati and Vatuvei didn't get so much of the quality pill - you'd probably be asking for their heads too for doing nothing.

And besides even if the ball came out to Kemp's side of the field he needs a centre who isn't a ball hog inside him... and that's an epidemic in the NRL these days with centres who wouldn't know they had a winger outside them even if said winger had flashing lightbulbs all over them.

ozbash

Referee
I agree with that, and IMO he's treated a bit harsh.

Its gunna get harsher mate, you can put your paintbrush on that.

I'm fed up with this flood of wannabe aussie 'talent' on our sacred shores.

I'm off down to the Ureweras this weekend to see my mate Tama, he's got the answer for these blo-jo aussies !!

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member

I'm off down to the Ureweras this weekend to see my mate Tama, he's got the answer for these blo-jo aussies !!

Too right. Be good to see them all with full-facial mokos.:lol:

Micistm

Bench

Lol, you may be right Oz, I defended Ravs for so damn long hoping the guy would get some sort of form going, admitting that now is like proudly displaying your John Denver CD collection:lol:

Latest posts