What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F Yeah!!!

very lucky to get away with that one.

Johns injured, possible cheek bone # as well as a very heavy concussion

Considering we played against a 12 man team we should have won by more.

A lot of decisions went our way that shouldn't have..

Very Lucky indeed.

Polglase had a very good game today. He got smashed a whole heap of times and always put his body on the line. A very gutsy bloke.

League_God

Juniors
dont be negative, we lost the best player in the world 4 mins into the game, we had no where near a full strength side for me. Bulldogs despite sonny, had a full strength side other then utai. we played great, considering we werent prepared at all for losing the best player ever to play the game. Our forwards stepped up big time so did our outside backs.

Rusty

Juniors
The boys showed some courage today, congrats to the boys. Hopefully Joey's injury is nothing serious-fingers crossed.

League_God said:
dont be negative, we lost the best player in the world 4 mins into the game, we had no where near a full strength side for me. Bulldogs despite sonny, had a full strength side other then utai. we played great, considering we werent prepared at all for losing the best player ever to play the game. Our forwards stepped up big time so did our outside backs.

Umm, It was 12 vs 13. The bulldogs were still able to create overlaps and score 24 points on us when we had one more person than them.. Regardless of losing Johns the dogs should not have done what they did to us. We played well in the 2nd half, but the first half was absolutely pathetic and i shall be erasing it from my memory.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Umm, It was 12 vs 13. The bulldogs were still able to create overlaps and score 24 points on us when we had one more person than them.. Regardless of losing Johns the dogs should not have done what they did to us. We played well in the 2nd half, but the first half was absolutely pathetic and i shall be erasing it from my memory.

I agree that our first half performance was terrible, but the loss of Johns can't be underestimated. It forced a total reshuffle and it's no surprise that the three Bulldogs tries came in that period of adjustment.

Yes, we beat a twelve man team by one point, but if any team can win a man down - it's the Dogs. A few bad calls went against them, but the team minus it's two best players and fielding a bevy of new players still did enough to edge out (in my eyes) the premiership favourites.

Rutager

Juniors
With 20 to go I thought the Knights would run away with it, but was proud of my team sticking in there and keeping it competitive right up until the last few seconds.

I hope Johns is ok, and is only out for 1 week tops for the concussion.

les norton

First Grade
I'm with Ch - the first half was terrible. Tough things happened and they showed class in the 2nd half but it was 12 on 13 and the dogs lost a class player too. It should of been more.

I am most impressed with the guts it took to come back out and play with that intensity.

BG

Juniors
It was just a mad game with things against both sides. Bulldogs playing with 12 on the field of course, but both teams were down to a squad of 16 -- and Joey is so integral to the Knights. Plus losing him in the opening minutes is even worse than knowing he's out before a game (having to re-structure an entire game plan amidst the shock of losing your main man is not an easy ask). Also, the compounding effect of no Buderus and no Johns cannot be underestimated. And then there are the controversial try decisions (both ways).

As I say, some of the most remarkable circumstances you'll ever see in a game, and hard to read much into. Sure, there is no reason to crow too much over a win against 12. But there were some very promising signs in terms of courage, some top performances by rookies/recruits -- SeuSeu, Polglase -- some good individual skills by the forwards, and a ripsnorter of a game by Gidley.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Someone just told me that Joey's x-rays came back all clear according to 2GB. Can anyone confirm this?

BG

Juniors
CWBush said:
Someone just told me that Joey's x-rays came back all clear according to 2GB. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, just heard that on 2GB. Would like to hear a confirmation from a second source, but it's looking :D .

Misanthrope

Staff member
If it's only a concussion, can we expect to see him in the lineup for next week's game?

Jono078

Referee
There is a god in Newcastle and his name is not Andrew Johns...

... His name is Brian Smith :D

I'm absolutely loving round 1, well besides for Johns getting injured. Here's hoping he recovers well and is back in time for the Storm game.