What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F Yeah!!!

Big Tim

First Grade
Burwood said:
Where was the malice in the tackle? The simple fact that Johns was hurt in the tackle does not warrant the player being sent off.

Considering SBW's body was beyond Johns, and he swung a clenched fist behind him that connected to the head.... Malice?? I think so, but definetly reckless, and he will be charged accordingly.

Polglase was my man of the match. Followed by anybody else wearing a Red and Blue jersey.

The boys showed some real heart.... we got the 2 points, and that is the only result that matters.

[furrycat]

Coach
Jobdog said:
Excuse #1 - "He's not that sort of player"
Excuse #2 - "It's not in his game"
Excuse #3 - "Johns is soft and went out to get him sent off"
Excuse #4 - "Archer is blind"

You ever met the bloke? No, you haven't. You're making a wild assumption based on ONE tackle. :roll:

Have you even watched the replay? Watch the news and watch it from a better and closer angle than what you saw at the game, blinded with rage. Compare it to other high tackles... Lets see what the charge is going to be on Sonny and then maybe you'll retract. It was an unintentional hit. Do you see dogs fans making excuses (besides the idiotic ones)? It was a careless high tackle.

Big Tim

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
You ever met the bloke? No, you haven't. You're making a wild assumption based on ONE tackle. :roll:

Have you even watched the replay? Watch the news and watch it from a better and closer angle than what you saw at the game, blinded with rage. Compare it to other high tackles... Lets see what the charge is going to be on Sonny and then maybe you'll retract. It was an unintentional hit. Do you see dogs fans making excuses (besides the idiotic ones)? It was a careless high tackle.

The word you are looking for is "reckless".

[furrycat]

Coach
Captain_Fred said:
I wonder what kind of excuses and defenses for SBW will be trotted out on The Kennell :lol:

Go read :p

http://www.nospam25.com.au

Take off the red and blue glasses and watch a replay ffs :p I expect to see on Tuesday night whinging that he wasnt charged with a Grade 3848234 tackle.

He'll miss 2-4 weeks.

Big Tim

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
Not my opinion of it.

Well, our opinions mean nothing, its up to the tribunal. But considering he concussed the guy, was beyond the tackled player, left a swinging arm and had a clenched fist, I think he is up for a reckless charge.

And before you go off the handle, I have been home for 3 hours and seen the replay at least 9 times since at the ground.

Big Tim

First Grade
Another thing I wanted to mention was the tactical change that Smith made at halftime.

We were playing a compressed style of defense in the first half, that they tore up. In the 2nd we played an up and in, with a slide if they got around us. Far more effective for our smaller, agile backs.

cram

Bench
Not much to say really, just simply....We Win We Win The Knights We Are Supreme......

keeney

First Grade
Big Tim said:
Well, our opinions mean nothing, its up to the tribunal. But considering he concussed the guy, was beyond the tackled player, left a swinging arm and had a clenched fist, I think he is up for a reckless charge.

And before you go off the handle, I have been home for 3 hours and seen the replay at least 9 times since at the ground.

The injury itself has nothing to do with the sentencing. I agree entirely with furry, if Johns had been fine, we wouldn't really have cared.

Big Tim

First Grade
keeney said:
The injury itself has nothing to do with the sentencing. I agree entirely with furry, if Johns had been fine, we wouldn't really have cared.

According to the judiciary it does.

Even if Joey came back, I would have expected SBW to have been reported and to have been charged.

His tackles are reckless. It is only a matter of time that his shoulder connects to someones face, and they will need it reconstructed.

I think he needs to work on technique. A late swinging arm is not tolerable in the modern game.

strewth_mate

Bench
Controlling possession and having the little guys continually darting around the ruck at the big guys isn't a bad tactic when they're a man down. And the fact is, it worked a treat in the second half.

I think that without Andrew John's on the field, suddenly telling the guys to throw it around just because the other team were down a player could have come unstuck big time.

Plus the boys seemed to cotton on to the Dogs lacking a bit around the ruck, Kidley in particular ran from dummy half with great effect late in the game. I think they pushed it for what it was worth and did well with the little guys.

On Sonny Bill, no way he went out to hit Johns like that. I can't imagine the idea of roughing Johns up a bit about wasn't talked about, because all teams seem to target the big players in the opposition. Sonny's first game at EAS, against Johns in the first game, he was always going to be strong like that and it's a shame we didn't get to see more of him IMO. I haven't seen the tackle though, so I won't comment on whether the sendoff was deserved. But it doesn't look good, unless he was falling into it - guy knocked unconscious, stretchered off and taken to hospital with concussion. At the very least I can't imagine he was hit anywhere other than the head, so that's a start.

So yeah, from what I saw it was a good effort from a weakened team against weakened opposition. Neither side was destroyed by the missing players, so it remained a fair enough contest. It's always hard to judge a game though where points are scored quick and without response because it means momentum played a big part and the circumstances were perhaps a bit skewed. Made it exciting though.

IanG

Coach
Yeah that was an absolute cracker. Great come back by our boys.
Though has Milton Thaiday been injured or something? He was playing Premier League today

BG

Juniors
IanG said:
Though has Milton Thaiday been injured or something? He was playing Premier League today

Back and ankle op's in the off-season. Reportedly looked rusty in trial hit-out and again today. I can't imagine him out of first grade for too long once he returns to full form/fitness.

strewth_mate

Bench
One question - when the Dogs were called back for a forward pass late in the game, who was it that chased down and ankletapped the breakaway player? That was fantastic from where I was standing.

perverse

Referee
strewth_mate said:
One question - when the Dogs were called back for a forward pass late in the game, who was it that chased down and ankletapped the breakaway player? That was fantastic from where I was standing.
im pretty sure it was the same guy that was getting his hand into absolutely everything else - kidley.
what a second half from him - really stood up and lead with his actions. i was also imperssed with seu seu and extremely impressed with mcmanus - he knows his way over the try line.. and did plenty of great things in the second half.

the first half was terribly poor.. but it was to be expected after the sbw/johns incident. smith's influence on our team continues to impress me.. he must have had some excellent things to say at half time.

chinorocks

Juniors
Stuzmeister said:
There were a couple of scrum feeds that baffled me in the first half. One where the young winger from the bulldogs appeared to have knocked on but the feed went to the bulldogs (unless I missed a previous knock on by us). And another one where Polglase appeared to have been knocked out by a bulldog player and the dogs got the feed. (was that one counted as a knock on or 1 on 1 strip or what?)

They just confused the hell out of me at the time. Mainly because I couldn't hear the commentary on the tv.

First one Archer ruled Mad dog knocked down the pass before the dogs guy dropped it, which was b*llsh*t as it didn't look like he touched it and if he did it was unntntional while attemting a tackle.

2nd one Polglase dropped it trying to pick it up before he got smashed and concussed.

chinorocks

Juniors
perverse said:
im pretty sure it was the same guy that was getting his hand into absolutely everything else - kidley.
what a second half from him - really stood up and lead with his actions. i was also imperssed with seu seu and extremely impressed with mcmanus - he knows his way over the try line.. and did plenty of great things in the second half.

the first half was terribly poor.. but it was to be expected after the sbw/johns incident. smith's influence on our team continues to impress me.. he must have had some excellent things to say at half time.

It was Gidley and the breakaway player was Luke Patton.