What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2021

It was just such an odd way to end it, only the lapped cars between Hamilton and Verstappen allowed to unlap themselves, then allowing them to race when the rule clearly states the safety car comes in the lap after unlapped cars go past the leader, not really bending rules its just creating new ones on the fly.

In any case Max was the better driver for majority of the season, I'm glad he won, I'm sure he couldn't give a stuff how he won it haha.
Apparently the race director does have the power of discretion to do whatever he needs to do to get the race underway safely. It’s just that these scenarios rarely come up. I like what he did by letting the lapped cars In between to get away and finish their own battle without interfering with the championship contenders but yeah, it feels odd and it’s hard luck for Lewis.

Parra

Referee
Apparently the race director does have the power of discretion to do whatever he needs to do to get the race underway safely. It’s just that these scenarios rarely come up. I like what he did by letting the lapped cars In between to get away and finish their own battle without interfering with the championship contenders but yeah, it feels odd and it’s hard luck for Lewis.
Yep. Was well within the rules. F1 could do with a green flag/chequer like NASCAR and maybe Indy? so that races end under green in these scenarios. This year has tested race director and stewards more than anything recent. Back to the Schumacher Benetton days of the mid 90…'s

Parra

Referee
Sorry, I thought he was 3rd, I'm only taking the piss to mate

Yeah he was on the podium. Typical fashion, he is the invisible man to the commentators. Best of the rest in the WDC as well, more points than Le Clerc. Ignored.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So much wrong with what happened. Against their own regulations (which I dont believe the race director has the right to do), didnt give the 3rd and 4th place drivers an equal opportunity to move up the places, changed a decision already made which is very very iffy when changing it after lobbying by a team director and a team may have made a tyre decision based on that original decision. You're on a very slippery slope when as a sport you start over riding your own rule book to create more entertainment!

Hamilton built a big enough lead to deserve winning that under a safety car as per the regs imo.