What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7's Referee's thread

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
With the Season about to start, I have decided to be the refs boss this year.

First job is to ascertain how many refs I have and their availability.

I'd also like to push that all matches are marked within 3 days of full time. Its only fair that the refs have a deadline just as the players do. And all of us have played games and know that it can sometimes get a bit frustrating waiting for a mark.

We'll have less games this year and longer rounds, so it should make the job much easier as well.

If you don't think you'll get a chance to ref a game you've been assigned to, please PM me and I'll find a reserve ref (or do it myself).

So two questions.

1. Who wants to be a ref this year
2. Who wants to be a ref in Rounds 1 and 2?

Cheers.

Hallatia

Referee
I'm not a ref, but I just want to commend your efforts. First day on the job and you've already made vast improvements to the game

gUt

Coach
I presume it's not appropriate for players to ref any games in the comp, seeing as results could be manipulated to suit your team's position on the ladder (eg if Team A wins they'll overtake my team therefore I will make Team B win).

If that's the case I will be happy to referee rep games.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Season kicked off last Monday unit.

I'll be happy to help out if you get stuck.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually no.

Over the last few years a lot of the refs were players as well. Willow for one has been refereeing since the 1960's - inspired by Darcy Lawler ;-) lol

We've not had a problem with referee impartiality before, but usually players will be assigned to games where the outcome won't affect their team.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cheers Willow.

I've been a bit hectic this past week, family/flood issues back home. Danger seems to have passed now.

Anyone else keen to try their hand at refereeing?

maelgwnau

Juniors
hey mate

would like to have another crack at being a ref, will be unavailable till april though due to heavy work load

maelgwnau

joshie

Live Update Team
I would love to have a go! I am keen for rounds 1 and 2.

also once you have the refs decided upon, please PM and ill update the match threads ahah unless you can do it then go nuts.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
maelgwnau - great news mate, I'll pencil you in for the midseason
gUt - you let me know when you're interested mate, and I'll line up a match for you
joshie - I will add the refs to all match threads.

gorilla

First Grade
Hi all,
ready to ref matches, experienced and not associated due to retirement.

Happy to abide by decisions about ref standards, etc.

Give me a yell.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
consider yourself employed.

Okay for this week we'll go with Willow, gorilla and madunit

Who's keen for Round 2? (2 weeks away)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might give you a run this week then NT

Cheers.