What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7's Referee's thread

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
NT, are you keen for another reffing gig?

I'll try and do the other, but I'm gonna be flat out writing an article between now and fulltime, not sure how I'll go with the reffing.

If I'm unable to take over, Willow, will you be able to step in and save my arse again mate?

Cheers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don't know yet unit. For the next few weeks I'm directing all my F7s energies towards my team mates, but the'y're a great bunch and if I can help, I will.

The importance of getting the match threads up shouldn't be overlooked.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Unit, which match were you wanting me to mark?

Seems to be a pretty narrow choice given that yourself and NT are potentially playing against each other.

Round 4:
Dragons v Ninjas - Non Terminator or madunit?
Rabbitohs v Panthers - Willow?
Warriors v Bluebags - Non Terminator or madunit?

There were a few refs putting up their hands earlier in the year: maelgwnau, gUt, joshie, Non Terminator, Drew-sta.

Perhaps a PM is in order?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, hadn't looked at the draw.

maelgwnau has disappeared, gUt and Drew-sta might be worth a crack, I recall they wanted to be part timers I think.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know yet unit. For the next few weeks I'm directing all my F7s energies towards my team mates, but the'y're a great bunch and if I can help, I will.

The importance of getting the match threads up shouldn't be overlooked.
I thought joshie looked after that.

I've got some shit to do today, I will put the match threads up tonight if they aren't already up.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought joshie looked after that.
Yes he does. After a bit of friendly nudging. ;-)

madunit said:
I've got some shit to do today, I will put the match threads up tonight if they aren't already up.
Thank unit. If you get stuck and can't do it. Let me know and I'll do it tomorrow.

On another subject, there are a lot of loose ends on the website as well. If Az can't do it, we need to know. If it has become one of those 'permanently postponed' jobs, then I'll find the time before the Finals.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
sorted.

Ok, now lets not beat around the bush, as far as a refs boss goes, I've been pretty average in possibly the easiest year for a refs boss (in relations to no duties to worry about other than assigning refs to games)

I'll carry on for the rest of the year but next year someone else will have to take over. I started out being a retired player and was able to devote my time to this role, but I came back to help Mick keep the Panthers team going.

I do apologise for not being on the ball at all times. I could rattle off a list of excuses but I'm not like that. I agreed to being refs boss and to return as a player, so the buck stops with me. I knew I didn't have much time this year for F7's, but took these duties on anyways.

I will continue being a ref, being refs boss, and playing for Panthers this year, but will be stepping out of F7's completely at seasons end.

I would like to suggest someone like Non Terminator would make a great refs boss. He's a good ref, committed to the game and very keen to help out in ref duties wherever possible. He's the only person I would choose for such a role, because I know he'd be brilliant at it!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks unit.

And FTR, I think you're doing a good job. We all know what it's like to have a life outside of the forums. Well, some of us do. ;-)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cheers Willow.

The will and desire is there. But this job deserves mroe attention then I can give it.

On a very good note, Drew-Sta has agreed to ref as often as required for the rest of this year which is bloody fantastic news!

More than one could do it!
Also, just for the record of being online, I will be gone for the next 2-3 rounds. Wedding and honeymoon will take that up!

Monk

Referee
Have the Refs been organised for this week? I'm happy to Ref the Ninjas v Panthers game if no one else can do it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Was just finalised today Monk. Madunit is out of action so I sent PMs to Drew and NT. But thanks for putting up your hand.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who helped out as referees this year, most of all a massive thanks to Non Terminator and Drew-sta who constantly backed up every week as refs.

And a an epicly large thanks to Willow for taking over the role as refs boss when I went missing for about half the year. I apologise to everyone in the game for my poor performance as refs boss. Thankfully, due to good officiating, we had a drama free year so it made my absence less concerning.

As mentioned earlier in the year, I will be stepping down from the refs boss gig as well as taking a break from F7's as a writer as well.

As some of you may know, through my less than subtle spam/bragging lol, I have become a writer/researcher for Men of League magazine. They pay me the same amount that Willow pays me to be a writer here, but I have never written anything about this great game for money, I do it for the same reason I wrote a stupidly large number of consecutive F7's articles, because I love it.

And I will be completely honest, I have the Forum 7's to thank almost entirely for the great writing gig I have with MOL now, because I was about to give writing away when I was convinced to join this comp back in 2004.

So thanks to everyone involved in my time here.

Who knows, I may very well be back writing in a few years time again. Until then, I've got stuff to write and a website to help run elsewhere.

Thanks all!

Monk

Referee
All good Unit, you've been one of my favourite writers in this joint for a couple of seasons now, so it's sad to see you go. I look forward to seeing you pull out an article in a few seasons time. Until then I wish you the best of luck with all of your endeavours, you've worked really hard and it's always great to see good things come to those who put the hard yards in.

I'd also like to put the league on notice that if they need it, I'll become a ref for the 2013 season. I'm always marking games in my head, so I decided, why not put it to good use and help out the competition? Of course we are over capacity and have a ridiculous baby boom of refs come through, it doesn't bother me either way.

Try to come back and keep in touch with us when you can Unit, hopefully we don't burn the place to the ground while you're gone!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Never a problem unit. Best of luck with the future, and don't be a stranger to the F7s. You've been a tremendous asset to the F7s and a true champion.

Monk, there's plenty to talk about over the off season. The Grand Final was my last match as a player, but I'm happy to ref (occasionally) if needed in 2013. Suffice to say, the times they are a-changin'.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Happy to put my hand up for another year of reffing in 2013.

Also, thanks MU for the ongoing effort you've put in. It has been a privilege to ref with you.

I'm definitely ready to ref again next year, always enjoy it. If there is any role I can help in, please let me know.

Latest posts