What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fa'alogo to plead not guilty

yobbo84

Coach
Source: http://www.souths.com.au/fanzone/viewnewsarticle.asp?ArticleID=2125

Fa'alogo to plead not guilty
The South Sydney Football Club has decided to fight David Fa’alogo’s grade four striking charge at the NRL judiciary tomorrow night.
Fa’alogo will plead not guilty.

Wow. Going for a downgrading I'd understand, but not guilty? How can he be found not guilty of striking when he punched him in the head? Looks like he'll be getting 7 weeks.

Nathan B

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Wow. Going for a downgrading I'd understand, but not guilty? How can he be found not guilty of striking when he punched him in the head? Looks like he'll be getting 7 weeks.

I agree. I hope Sonny goes for the downgrade.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Juniors
The Colonel said:
"I was standing there minding my own business when Anasta jumped up and threw his head at my fist.........."

Seems a long shot.

Would not suprise me if he got off & Sonny got te 3 weeks. They would not go for it if they thought they would not win. UNLESS there is a hidden agenda eg trying to get at Anasta somehow.

Also IF he does get of will that mean like Fitzy said if you get given a penalty for a tackle the other player does not like he is allowed to punch you. Players will be able to use this case to get off in the future.

Azkatro

First Grade
Good on him. He realised the charge was too lenient so he's doing what's necessary to have it upgraded to a more fitting suspension.

RWB

Bench
Dragonsforthewin said:
So now everytime players have fights we suspended them for 5 weeks???

No ofcourse not but do you really believe that the incident between Falongo and Anasta was a 'fight'?

Its an all or nothing, no lose situation.

If faced with missing the finals no matter what plea then might as well go for broke. And that goes for Bellew as well. If he wins, he will look like a miracle worker. If he loses it would be recognised as mission impossible.

Cant wait to hear what rubbish the judiciary come up when faced with judgements that effect the finals :roll:

RWB said:
No ofcourse not but do you really believe that the incident between Falongo and Anasta was a 'fight'?

So if anasta stood there and copped the punch and threw one back should he still be suspended for 5 weeks?

melon....

Coach
The Preacher said:
Pleading "Not Guilty" :lol: :lol: :lol:
What are they thinking...we know The Laughs are stupid...but fair dinkum, they are going to nail this guy...why bother? I guess they dont need him for 6 rounds next year....when your dead last by the length of the Fleminton Straight, it doesnt matter.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so he's gonna say he never hit Anasta, maybe I was seeing things

cant wait to hear the defence

watch for a special appearance from a shrink to support this ridicolous not guilty defence- " i was temporarily insane and do not remember striking any player and therefore was not responsible for my action"

melon....

Coach
Dragonsforthewin said:
So if anasta stood there and copped the punch and threw one back should he still be suspended for 5 weeks?
Of course!!! Nothing justified his reaction except no brains on Fartlogo's part.

m0j0

Bench
Dragonsforthewin said:
So then why isn't anasta suspended for 5 weeks for his punch??

Just because Smith threw some girly bitch slaps instead of actual punches, doesn't mean he wasn't the instigator.
It's not as cut and dried as saying whoever throws a punch should get suspended for x weeks. You have to take each incident on its own merit. I mean, Danny Williams only threw one punch - when it all comes down to it, it was a punch but does that mean that every punch thrown should be dealt with the same as Danny Williams?