What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fa'aoso up front at Eels

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
b4 the season starts everyone is excited...... but its different when the seasons starts. I'm excited about the Juniors that we have coming through the ranks

I'm definitely more excited about our juniors than what i am about our fulltime squad, that's for sure.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Castleford maybe, but at the Roosters he alternated between centre, backrow and Premier League.

I'm sure you read that in a profile because he was quite often listed as a front rower on the teamsheet and the backrowers were not ones suited to moving up front. I never saw him play centre at the Roosters either.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
all we need is one more hard head....be it cannings or fa'aoso, so when fui is off the fild we got another monster to put holes in there defence.

Pricey

Juniors
If he adds more aggression than Mick Vella then that is a plus. He only needs to be compared to Vella as far as I am concerned because he will probably play off the bench.

The Colonel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
I'm sure you read that in a profile because he was quite often listed as a front rower on the teamsheet and the backrowers were not ones suited to moving up front. I never saw him play centre at the Roosters either.

I saw him named in the three jersey. Fitzgibbon and Morley were playing prop. He may have been named there but Ricky chopped and changed more foten than not.

caylo

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
He played most of his football in the front row for Castleford and for the Roosters, it's not like he is making a desperate switch to get a spot in the side, he has played most of his first grade career in the front row.

If you read on he hopes to slide down into the second-row. He played as a second row for Castleford and then moved into the frontrow late in the year. His speed, and build lends more to a wide running backrower than a frontrower. I could see him coursing havic out wide like Puletua or Gnulavoul(spelling lol).
Id liek to see him work on his fitness and get game time in PL, and if good enough come into first grade, rather than come on off the bench and play prop.