What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FACT - NRL is bigger than French Top 14 rugby union

Yngwie_70

Juniors
I hate rugby onion so I will beat it up! You have no idea have you what the Vichy b@stards did to the game in France?!

No, but if you want to look into history, we have been pillaging rugby players for 90 years and we didnt mind one bit. Have a look at some of the stars of RL that were ex Ra Ra's. So a bit of tit for tat is ok. But to show disdain for another sport does not elevate your appreciation for another. On the contrary, there are many good things about rugby which we can learn and maybe adopt. (for example, it has always bugged me that State of Origin is the pinnacle of RL rather than international RL) Surely this is something our game needs to address.
The ALL Blacks are revered all over the world but we tend not to care too much about international RL which I think is a shame.

Teddyboy

First Grade
When did Wigan get 80000 to a game in Paris.

Come on show me all the crowds for Super League and it's stupid leagues underneath and then show me the crowds for frances Heniken cup games,Top 14 and Pro D2.

Calixte

First Grade
When did Wigan get 80000 to a game in Paris.

Come on show me all the crowds for Super League and it's stupid leagues underneath and then show me the FRENCH

:lol:

They've had plenty of near 100,000 crowds in London though.

Go f**k yourself rah rah...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
:lol:

They've had plenty of near 100,000 crowds in London though.

lol

Wigan in Paris.

I wonder if Teddy is looking up the last time Paris got 80,000 in Wigan :lol:

Hey teddy, RL is the only code of Rugby to get over 100,000 in more than 1 country :D

95,000 at least 20 times.

90,000 lots of times.

85,000 too many times to count.

Then there's union teddy :crazy:

Copa

Bench
No, but if you want to look into history, we have been pillaging rugby players for 90 years and we didnt mind one bit. .
pillaging? wtf?! Players were not slaves... if old union blazers refused to hand over money to their players then the union mob got what they deserved... RL didn't steal anybody... the union mobs treated their athletes so badly they left of their own accord...

Teddyboy

First Grade
lol

Wigan in Paris.

I wonder if Teddy is looking up the last time Paris got 80,000 in Wigan :lol:

Hey teddy, RL is the only code of Rugby to get over 100,000 in more than 1 country :D

95,000 at least 20 times.

90,000 lots of times.

85,000 too many times to count.

Then there's union teddy :crazy:

Well i love both codes.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
pillaging? wtf?! Players were not slaves... if old union blazers refused to hand over money to their players then the union mob got what they deserved... RL didn't steal anybody... the union mobs treated their athletes so badly they left of their own accord...

Kind of why the RL players are going now eh?

Copa

Bench
Kind of why the RL players are going now eh?
for some yes. They should be allowed to sell their own image for as much as they can get... if they misbehave and play badly that value decreases (a kinda punishment that the clubs don't need to get involved in).... if they behave and perform that value goes up....

but to suggest that RL pillaged RU for all those years is a real misrepresentation of what actually happened

Calixte

First Grade
No, but if you want to look into history, we have been pillaging rugby players for 90 years and we didnt mind one bit. Have a look at some of the stars of RL that were ex Ra Ra's. So a bit of tit for tat is ok. But to show disdain for another sport does not elevate your appreciation for another. On the contrary, there are many good things about rugby which we can learn and maybe adopt. (for example, it has always bugged me that State of Origin is the pinnacle of RL rather than international RL) Surely this is something our game needs to address.
The ALL Blacks are revered all over the world but we tend not to care too much about international RL which I think is a shame.

Fool. For the reasons outlined by Copa.

Heard of shamateurism or JM Bourret?

Hanscholo

Bench
Yea we know the NRL is bigger and more important. When your club owners are billionares however that doesnt last long.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Fool. For the reasons outlined by Copa.

Heard of shamateurism or JM Bourret?

I am under no illusion that rugby players were paid in some way. But this was no where near to what the players of league earned and consequently, the rugby players converted. Now, SOME (NOTE 4) rugby players have decided to earn a higher wage playing French rugby and we get all hysterical.
We need to be realistic. Rugby League, more specifically NRL is a tiny tiny fish in the world of sport. We call ourselves the greatest game of all but really, how many people hold that view.
Rugby is a lot more global than league and even it is small in comparison to football, basketball, tennis. So lets not get our heads to high in the clouds about the world status of Rugby league. A great game that is enjoyed by a relative few.

VictoryFC

Bench
I am under no illusion that rugby players were paid in some way. But this was no where near to what the players of league earned and consequently, the rugby players converted. Now, SOME (NOTE 4) rugby players have decided to earn a higher wage playing French rugby and we get all hysterical.
We need to be realistic. Rugby League, more specifically NRL is a tiny tiny fish in the world of sport. We call ourselves the greatest game of all but really, how many people hold that view.
Rugby is a lot more global than league and even it is small in comparison to football, basketball, tennis. So lets not get our heads to high in the clouds about the world status of Rugby league. A great game that is enjoyed by a relative few.

Never a more truthful post.

Latest posts