What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fairleigh and Farrar

Stagger eel

Staff member
Daneel said:
I think that was probably the next time i got excited about a signing. :)

I was actually excited when we signed Paul Clarke and Paul Dunn than a mate of mine who followed Manly laughed at me than I stopped getting excited. :?

I've said it once, but ill say it again. Hagan will be dropdead stupid if he signs fairleigh.

Besides that fact that they don't get on (at all) so unless he is a glutten for punishment fairleigh will not sign with Parra

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Besides that fact that they don't get on (at all) so unless he is a glutten for punishment fairleigh will not sign with Parra

i have heard that too

Stagger eel

Staff member
single_newy_chick said:
I've said it once, but ill say it again. Hagan will be dropdead stupid if he signs fairleigh.

strange thing is, I've heard he's signed and that it was Hagans choice...funny that.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Whilst iam am willing (under sufferance) to give Hagan a go, I for one am hoping it isn't Fairleigh and Farrer that come with him.

Replacing Sharp and Taylor with Fairliegh and Farrer, to me that is going backwards.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
Whilst iam am willing (under sufferance) to give Hagan a go, I for one am hoping it isn't Fairleigh and Farrer that come with him.

Replacing Sharp and Taylor with Fairliegh and Farrer, to me that is going backwards.

well considering the fact that you've been under the guidence of all 4 coach's we'll take your word for it.. :D

James_Hardie

Juniors
eelavation said:
well considering the fact that you've been under the guidence of all 4 coach's we'll take your word for it.. :D

ok. "based on their achievements and past coaching records at various levels", I think we are going backward.

The Colonel

Immortal
Fairleigh hasn't done too badly and is quite well respected as a coach.

Farrar as an assistant is more appealing than as a head coach. It remains to be seen if he does return but new faces really can't hurt that much.

James_Hardie

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Fairleigh hasn't done too badly and is quite well respected as a coach.

Not saying your wrong, but i have heard time and time again what a great football brain JT has. I have heard Brian Smith give him countless wraps over the years. I have never heard nor read anything about Fairleigh that suggests he is well respected as a coach and his results don't really stack up either in my opinion.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I think Hagan and Farrer will be good together. Hopefully they will add a bit of bulldogs toughness to our side. As much as I hate to say it you have to respect the Bulldaogs toughness and resilience to outside events

The Colonel

Immortal
James_Hardie said:
Not saying your wrong, but i have heard time and time again what a great football brain JT has. I have heard Brian Smith give him countless wraps over the years. I have never heard nor read anything about Fairleigh that suggests he is well respected as a coach and his results don't really stack up either in my opinion.

Warren Ryan has plenty of wraps on the bloke and while his results don't show all that much think of last year when most of his squad was playing firsts for the Knoughts.

I know that JT has had his wraps too but I am happier to see us move away totally from those influenced by Smith. It needs to be a full change rather than partial.

macavity

Referee
Daisy is a hardarse to the nth degree. he wont take a backward step, total opposite personality to hages. his PL teams generally play with alot of heart but not a whole lot of finesse. may just be the players he has had at his disposal. im not fussed either way on losing him, hasnt been exceptional and cant think of one player he has really helped greatly - a bit of continuity around the place would be nice though, if only for one more year.

he also loves giving nuffies from the central coast a go when no one else will (ie Luke Hession). enjoy.

rumour up here is he has already signed with you.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Peter Sharp was an average head coach, but he was super for us as an assistant. Why can't that same phenomenon occur with Farrar?

Stagger eel

Staff member
macavity said:
rumour up here is he has already signed with you.

I'm assuming your talking about Daisy and not Luke Hession??..if so I've heard the same thing.

Pricey

Juniors
The Colonel said:
2007 will be a very difficult year for those that want instant success they believed just changing coaches would bring. It was inevitable that a new coach would move in a different direction to what Brian did. 10 years of what Brian gave us brought nothing but heartache. It is time for a lot of that to be undone and focused in a different direction.

People are going to be unhappy with the changes that get made.

Hagan didnt move in a different direction when he took over the Knights and had immediate success. Having said that I dont think the same will happen when he takes over the shambles which is now the Eels.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Peter Sharp was an average head coach, but he was super for us as an assistant. Why can't that same phenomenon occur with Farrar?

Well Farrer is the assistant coach at Wigan. Considering the situation that illustrious club with it's proud history and spending ability is in, the record alone doesn't look good...

The Colonel

Immortal
Pricey said:
Hagan didnt move in a different direction when he took over the Knights and had immediate success. Having said that I dont think the same will happen when he takes over the shambles which is now the Eels.

He didn't need to.

Eelementary

Post Whore
James_Hardie said:
Well Farrer is the assistant coach at Wigan. Considering the situation that illustrious club with it's proud history and spending ability is in, the record alone doesn't look good...

Good point.

But it also depends heavily on their head coach.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm a fan of Vazealiki but any club willing to pay him the 550k per year he is getting at Wigan deserves to finish last

parralight

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
I'm a fan of Vazealiki but any club willing to pay him the 550k per year he is getting at Wigan deserves to finish last

550 K :shock: :shock: :shock:
Worth 80K max