What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Famous Games

Bullseye

Juniors
GB Vs Australia 1st and 2nd Tests in 1990. GB won the first at Wembley 19-12 and lost the 2nd 10-14 thanks to a last minute Meninga try that should have been disallowed!

Quigs

Immortal
Bullseye said:
GB Vs Australia 1st and 2nd Tests in 1990. GB won the first at Wembley 19-12 and lost the 2nd 10-14 thanks to a last minute Meninga try that should have been disallowed!

Come on Bullseye,

As an aussie I was there and it was justice with a capitol J.

(as he points to the scoreboard)

p-90intcept.jpg

your man was offside when he took the intercept off stewart.

But just to relive the memories and bring back the nightmares.....

p-90intcept2.jpg

The only offence big Mal made was when he pushed ET out of the way to get to the ball first......

Seriously though Bullseye that was a great series.... one of the best.

The 2nd test at Old Trafford had it all.

Cheers and enjoy the memories

Quigs

bluesmall.gif

Quigs

Immortal
For an old Sharkie supporter it has got to be the 73 grand final.

Bloody Bob Fulton.

p-57.jpg

But I tell you I wouldn't mind being part of the crowd that was at the 1954 cup replay at Odsal stadium. And don't let anyone fool you it is still the world record crowd for a game. No free give away tickets in those days. 103,000 people and they stopped counting.

Check this out from the Bradford club that was sent to me....

http://www.eraofthebiff.com/mm14.html

cheers
Quigs
bluesmall.gif

Greenblooded

Juniors
Bullseye said:

One of the greatest tries ever, go Ricky Stuart you good thing!!! :lol:

yappy

Bench
you have the whole story WRONG.

* The "50m" field goal you talk about was a game between Norths and Wests and campbeltown in 1996.
* it was a monday night game
* Willie Newton made his 1st grade debut at halfback that game for wests
* Wests needed to win the game to stay in contention for 8th spot
* Andrew Willis kicked a 47m field goal to win the game
* Wests were NOT coming last and they certainly were NOT playing manly

whew someone got it right. Although the kick was more like 43m, but who cares it was the ugliest and most beautiful field goal in history, the damn thing defied every law of gravity and aerodynamics to sneak over. Taylor tried to pop one from an easier possie and missed to the right. The win set us up for the run to the semis and we snuck into 8th when Cronulla knocked off the Knights in the last round.

Mr Saab

Referee
yappy said:
whew someone got it right. Although the kick was more like 43m, but who cares it was the ugliest and most beautiful field goal in history, the damn thing defied every law of gravity and aerodynamics to sneak over. Taylor tried to pop one from an easier possie and missed to the right. The win set us up for the run to the semis and we snuck into 8th when Cronulla knocked off the Knights in the last round.

it was around 46-47m field goal. I watched it again.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Might not be that famous but.....

Rd 26 Dragons vs Broncos 2003 ANZ Stadium, when Riddell kicked the winning goal to put us 1 in front from 40m's out. We won with a Premier League side with a few first-graders in the team.

As Ray Warren said...
"This is a Rugby League miracle"

choc_soldier

Coach
Panthers v Tigers, 2000.

Came from 31-8 down with 20 odd minutes to go, and pip them by one point. Hicks was nailing them from everywhere and Puletua was unstoppable.

Mr Saab

Referee
parra_panther said:
Panthers v Tigers, 2000.

Came from 31-8 down with 20 odd minutes to go, and pip them by one point. Hicks was nailing them from everywhere and Puletua was unstoppable.

i have that on tape and sometimes watch it for a laugh at the hapless tigers ( i hated the tigers in 2000 )

loved how the idiotic tigers gave away 4-5 penalties for stealing the ball with 2 man tackles....Duckworth and Mescia prime offenders.

Latest posts