What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Famous Rugby League Quotes

lucablight

First Grade
Haha, you still don't get it. I was calling you an idiot because you obviously condone the behaviour and Gallop has nothing to do with the situation. I obviously overestimated you f**kwit.

RABK

Referee
Where did i say i condone it, how do you know my swipe at you wasn't light hearted?

Tool.

Enough highjacking, wanna continue? :arrow: TFC

lucablight

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Where did i say i condone it, how do you know my swipe at you wasn't light hearted?

Tool.

Enough highjacking, wanna continue? :arrow: TFC

Do you condone it?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Jack the plagiarist.... lol

Dunno who said what first but this was what Ali said

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark"

Misty Bee

First Grade
You are missing some classics.

Firstly, though, the Fittler quote to Prince Andrew was the World Cup Final, Wembly 1995

Now, remember these?

"If Parramatta win the premiership with Bob O'Reilly and Kevin Stevens in the side, I'll walk from Wollongong to Newcastle in thongs" - Peter Peters, April, 1981. Broke his first thong going up the Bulli Pass :lol:

"I will win the premiership with Cronulla" Chris Anderson, 2002

"And I guess that's why he got the head job" Scott Sattler, 2005, on Fox Sports talking about Tim Sheens

"I will never play in the ARL again" Laurie Daley, 1995.

"Brad Clyde will now have to take up a mowing run" Daley again, after Clyde was sacked from Big League in 1995.

"Who's Ian Hindmarsh? A reserve grader" Terry Hill, 2005

"If Queensland don't win the series, I'll resign as coach" Paul Vautin, before SOO 3, 1996

"I want to meet the new Queensland coach" Tom Raudonikis, immediately after SOO 3, 1996

"Thanks Mitre 10 and Channel 9. Now I can go and buy a cordless drill" Jason Hetherington claiming the MOM award for an Origin game.

"I shat in Schlossy's shoes!" Ex Bronco Julian O'Neil

"If Parramatta lose from here, I'll do our washing for a month" Craig Salvatore to the 2GB sideline eye (Tony Megahey??), 12mins from fulltime, prelim final, 1998.

"State of Origin is a classic encounter between NSW and Victoria..." Bob Carr

And this excahnge...

REF "You were the agressor.."
JIM DYMOCK "Of course I was. I f**ken smashed him!" (circa 1999)

But my favorite is this one

"I hereby announce that I have just signed to play Rugby Union for the Queensland Reds next year...(confers with manager)...really? Umm, I mean New South Wales..." Lote Tequiri, 2002

junior009

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
"I hereby announce that I have just signed to play Rugby Union for the Queensland Reds next year...(confers with manager)...really? Umm, I mean New South Wales..." Lote Tequiri, 2002

He knew he had signed for NSW, just thought it was for 1 year. He conferred with his manager and then came back to say it was for 2 years!!!

Canard

Immortal
"The Broncos have missed out here, Sam Obst is going to be better than Alan Langer" - Artie Beetson commenting on Sam Obst.

Knightmare

Coach
"I think every team wishes they had a Willie as big as this one!"- Ray Warren during a Bulldogs game in 2001.

junior009

Juniors
Canard said:
"The Broncos have missed out here, Sam Obst is going to be better than Alan Langer" - Artie Beetson commenting on Sam Obst.

Obviously this is the point but who the hell is Sam Obst...who did he play for???

rednut

Juniors
some kiwi commentator this year "hes running like hes got a snake in his pants" or something along those lines

choc_soldier

Coach
Mark Geyer said something really, really stupid in 1997, when he got suspended for eye gouging Chris Quinn. It involved killing someone, I think.

Does anyone else remember that?

shadow grinder

First Grade
parra_panther said:
Mark Geyer said something really, really stupid in 1997, when he got suspended for eye gouging Chris Quinn. It involved killing someone, I think.

Does anyone else remember that?

mark geyer saying something stupid? im shocked.

Jono078

Referee
Not so much a quote but I liked this moment from last year

John Lang: We just gave away too many stupid penalties
Press: What do you put that down to ?
John Lang: Stupidity...

:lol:, sorry if it already got mentioned.

Latest posts