What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans' hearts and minds turn to Mariners and Jets

Timmah said:
There seems to be a few of that opinion... if it's not EPL or some other top level comp it's not worth it...

Get over it and appreciate all levels of the game.

Should we abandon the Jim Beam Cup because it's skill level would be below that of NRL players?

JBC? WTF has that got to do with it.

The JBC isn't the top tier of week-to-week footy in this country.

Should we not compare the ESL to the NRL?

macavity

Referee
RalthFilthy said:
I don't refer to myself as a novacastian, I lived in Lake Macquarie.

I have lived in Lake Macquarie most of my life. Im still a proud Novocastrian. the tag is all about pride in your area. pride you obviously don't have.

I supported all the other Newcastle teams but not the Kunghts and there are plenty of people in Newcastle and surrounding areas that hate the Kunghts as well.

and they should move. dont want their stench of disloyalty stinking up our beautiful region.

Traitorous? I think not. I supported the Eels long before the Kunghts started so it would've been traitorous to change, so a lot of Kunghts supporters are traitorous if they supported a different team before 1988. :D

no. ONE RL team represents your area. the area you should be proud of. if you aren't proud of it, and don't show that pride by supporting the local boys, you should move.

Only exception is people that have moved into the area from elsewhere. then they have 10 years before they are local. at the end of that 10 years if they haven't converted to become full locals (ie support the local teams), they should move too.

quite simple really.

brycey said:
I know how you feel. I lived in Lake Maq til 2003.

the past tense is good.

One thing I will give Newcastle is, they do know how to support a team. There is no getting away fromm the Knights, theyre always on the news, in commercials both TV and radio, on buses and always a jersey being worn here and there.

as it should be.

However this support and arrogance for their team makes it almost unbearable to live their whilst supporting another team,

as it should be.

giving most people who support other teams a complete hatred for the Knights

.... and those people should follow your example and move. they don't deserve to live in the hunter.

:eek:

Dutchy

Immortal
I have lived in Lake Macquarie most of my life. Im still a proud Novocastrian. the tag is all about pride in your area. pride you obviously don't have.

I have lived in Lake Mac for 10 years. You will never see me supporting the Jets or Kunghts

macavity

Referee
JS said:
I have lived in Lake Mac for 10 years. You will never see me supporting the Jets or Kunghts

want help packing?

manly, everton & mariners

you follow all the scum clubs..... nah, I won't help.

bluesbreaker

Bench
There's as many f**king parra fans in Newcastle as there are Knights fans. Especially West Lake Mac. Disgraceful. Concentration camps is the obvious solution.

RalthFilthy

Juniors
macavity said:
You really sum up the stupidity of the average Kunghts supporter, novacastrians are from Newcastle not Lake Macquarie, I have plenty of pride for my area and obviously Newcastle is not my area or yours for that matter.

macavity said:
and they should move. dont want their stench of disloyalty stinking up our beautiful region.
Dumb arse comments like this is why a lot of people up there hate them.

macavity said:
no. ONE RL team represents your area. the area you should be proud of. if you aren't proud of it, and don't show that pride by supporting the local boys, you should move.

The Kunghts represent Newcastle, like the Broncos represent Brisbane or the Eels represent Parramatta. It's not so hard to figure out, it's in their name.
So people should leave their home just because they don't like a football team...again another dumb arse comment that makes people hate the Kunghts and novacastrians.

macavity said:
Only exception is people that have moved into the area from elsewhere. then they have 10 years before they are local. at the end of that 10 years if they haven't converted to become full locals (ie support the local teams), they should move too.
:roll: You really are moron, if you have lived in LM most of your life you are not a novacastrian. You are a wannabe novacastrian, maybe you should have more pride in your local area.

I remember when the Kunghts started their fans either jumped from another team(traitors) or just jumped on the bandwagon because of the area thing(uneducated in league). So their fans were either morons that knew nothing about the game or traitors. The only true Kunghts supporters are probably the ones born after about 1980(young enough to not have really supported other teams).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
RalthFilthy said:
The only true Knights supporters are probably the ones born after about 1980(young enough to not have really supported other teams).
Fixed.

And yes, I would fall into that category :cool:

macavity

Referee
RalthFilthy said:
You really sum up the stupidity of the average Kunghts supporter, novacastrians are from Newcastle not Lake Macquarie, I have plenty of pride for my area and obviously Newcastle is not my area or yours for that matter.

Novocastrian is an accepted term for anyone from the Newcastle region. which includes Lake Mac, particularly the northern end of Lake Mac. where I am from.

call me a moron and you can't even spell.

Dumb arse comments like this is why a lot of people up there hate them.

no, that would be the stupidity and projected self-loathing of the haters.

The Kunghts represent Newcastle, like the Broncos represent Brisbane or the Eels represent Parramatta. It's not so hard to figure out, it's in their name.

the Knights represent the Hunter region. some would say the whole of Northern NSW. top of the class for you bucko.

So people should leave their home just because they don't like a football team...again another dumb arse comment that makes people hate the Kunghts and novacastrians.

you obviously don't love the area if you don't love the team intrinsically tied to its identity. I think you would be happier in Parramatta, so im suggesting you move for your own well being.

I remember when the Kunghts started their fans either jumped from another team(traitors) or just jumped on the bandwagon because of the area thing(uneducated in league). So their fans were either morons that knew nothing about the game or traitors.

:lol: :lol:

Knights fans got behind the local boys. the ones that represent us - our town, our team.

by your logic we shouldn't be proud to be Australian citizens, as we were originally British subjects.

must only be morons and traitors that are proud to be Australian citizens. or perhaps only people born after 26 January 1949.

before the Knights came along I nominally followed the Bulldogs because my old man did. We both got behind our home team from day 1 because we love our region. unlike you.

The only true Kunghts supporters are probably the ones born after about 1980(young enough to not have really supported other teams).

I was born in 1980. damn, I must not be a true supporter.

is that avatar your personal reminder of 30 September, 2001?

RalthFilthy

Juniors
macavity said:
Novocastrian is an accepted term for anyone from the Newcastle region. which includes Lake Mac, particularly the northern end of Lake Mac. where I am from.

call me a moron and you can't even spell.
typo:sarcasm:

macavity said:
the Knights represent the Hunter region. some would say the whole of Northern NSW.
No they don't, you just think they do.

macavity said:
you obviously don't love the area if you don't love the team intrinsically tied to its identity. I think you would be happier in Parramatta, so im suggesting you move for your own well being.
I love Lake Macquarie and there is no NRL team tied to it. I have moved but obviously not because of arrogant Kunghts supporters like you, it was a work thing.

macavity said:
Knights fans got behind the local boys. the ones that represent us - our town, our team.
That's all well and good but why the arrogance, people don't have to support them just because they live there or thereabouts.

macavity said:
by your logic we shouldn't be proud to be Australian citizens, as we were originally British subjects.
Utter nonsense. This seems to be your main problem you are putting citizenship next to football support.:crazy:

macavity said:
must only be morons and traitors that are proud to be Australian citizens. or perhaps only people born after 26 January 1949.
:crazy:Citizenship has nothing to do with supporting football teams.:crazy:

macavity said:
because we love our region. unlike you.
I do love my region - Lake Macquarie, unlike you.

macavity said:
I was born in 1980. damn, I must not be a true supporter.
By my reckoning you probably do qualify as a true Kunghts supporter but why the need to bag people that support another team that live in the area? I have followed the Eels since before you were even born, so who the f**k do you think you are to label me a traitor?

macavity said:
is that avatar your personal reminder of 30 September, 2001?
No, is the Kunghts logo a reminder of when Parra flogged you 50-0 at home?:roll:
That sort of crap could go on all day.

macavity

Referee
RalthFilthy said:
No they don't, you just think they do.

no, they do. what you are suggesting is like trying to say Penrith don't represent St Marys.

I love Lake Macquarie

so do I. can see the lake from where I am sitting. beautiful.

and there is no NRL team tied to it.

yes there is. the Knights. you are arguing semantics.

That's all well and good but why the arrogance, people don't have to support them just because they live there or thereabouts.

freedom has its failings.... :(

Utter nonsense. This seems to be your main problem you are putting citizenship next to football support.:crazy:

its called an analogy.

I do love my region - Lake Macquarie, unlike you.

Lake Macquarie is your local government area. the Hunter is your region. the capital of the Hunter Region is Newcastle.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

why the need to bag people that support another team that live in the area?

because there is no excuse for it. we have a team. the Knights. to follow another team and profess to love your area is a form of self-hate. I pity those people and am trying to help them.

I have followed the Eels since before you were even born, so who the f**k do you think you are to label me a traitor?

someone who can see the error of your ways, old man.

roopy

Referee
Daniel Abraham
Timana Tahu
Anthony Quinn
?????
Niel Sweeney
Scott Kimmorley
Brett Kimmorley
Josh Perry
Michael Ennis
Paul Harrogan
Kade Snowden
Adam Muir
Clint Newton

The Lake Macquarie Knights?

roopy

Referee
PS - I've lived on the South side of Lake Macquarie all my life and I'm a Novocastrian.

Teddyboy

First Grade
The thing with Soccer in Oz is that like Union,AFL and League they don't want to co-exist with any other code but be number 1.
The world would be a boring place if Soccer was the number 1 code every where (in truth it seems it;s nearly there apart from Canada,U.S.A.,Ireland,New Zealand,Japan and Australia).
Soccer Australia can not help get on any bandwagon.Look at the way they marketed Sydney FC as so-called Bling with Dwight Yorke which was quite sad.
It seems they want the A-League to have all the crap that goes with the English Premiership with players acting like demi-gods,over inflated wages,theatrical performances on the pitch and fans acting like twats.
If Soccer or Football is that great in blighty then why did England not qualify for Euro 2008.
I agree with the other poster that Soccer and Mcdonalds are number 1 because most of the world can not think for them selfs.

JW

Coach
roopy said:
PS - I've lived on the South side of Lake Macquarie all my life and I'm a Novocastrian.

Indeed. Saying you live at Lake Mac and aren't a Novocastrain is like living at Parra and saying you're not from Sydney.

Parki

Bench
If Soccer or Football is that great in blighty then why did England not qualify for Euro 2008.

lol..... the english premiership is good because most of the good players that play in it arent english

Latest posts