What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantastic Story on 6:30 George Negus - Awra El Masri

PaddyBoy

Juniors
I praise you for being faithful in remembering me. I also praise you for staying true to all my teachings, just as I gave them to you. Now I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ. The head of the woman is the man. And the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered brings shame on his head. 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered brings shame on her head. It is just as if her head were shaved. What if a woman does not cover her head? She should have her hair cut off. But it is shameful for her to cut her hair or shave it off. So she should cover her head. A man should not cover his head. He is the likeness and glory of God. But the woman is the glory of the man. 8 The man did not come from the woman. The woman came from the man. Also, the man was not created for the woman. The woman was created for the man. 10 That's why a woman should have her head covered. It shows that she is under authority. She should also cover her head because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

1 Peter 2:18

Oh, and there's that glorious belief that god send everyone to hell unless they worship him, but all the christians get to go to heaven as long as they apologise. So someone like Gandhi goes to hell, while all the kiddie fiddling priests get a free ticket to eternal paradise.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In essence - if youre a moderate Muslim who shuns jihad, you're not doing it properly.
What rubbish. That's just the spin you put on it to support your own bigotry.

By definition, moderates are in the majority and extremists are in the minority.

Using your argument, moderate christians aren't doing it right and christianity also fosters extremism. Just ask Anders Breivik and David Koresh.

WAPAU

Juniors
The bigots on here make me ashamed that we support the same sport.

Pull your f**king heads in.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I just find it mad how billions of people around the world live there life by a book which is as believable as Pinocchio.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I praise you for being faithful in remembering me. I also praise you for staying true to all my teachings, just as I gave them to you. Now I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ. The head of the woman is the man. And the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered brings shame on his head. 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered brings shame on her head. It is just as if her head were shaved. What if a woman does not cover her head? She should have her hair cut off. But it is shameful for her to cut her hair or shave it off. So she should cover her head. A man should not cover his head. He is the likeness and glory of God. But the woman is the glory of the man. 8 The man did not come from the woman. The woman came from the man. Also, the man was not created for the woman. The woman was created for the man. 10 That's why a woman should have her head covered. It shows that she is under authority. She should also cover her head because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

1 Peter 2:18

Oh, and there's that glorious belief that god send everyone to hell unless they worship him, but all the christians get to go to heaven as long as they apologise. So someone like Gandhi goes to hell, while all the kiddie fiddling priests get a free ticket to eternal paradise.

Always remember when books/texts are written. Those passages are really no more than a sign post of the times they were written in, when human life was not valued as highly as it is now.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Always remember when books/texts are written. Those passages are really no more than a sign post of the times they were written in, when human life was not valued as highly as it is now.

Don't think the book is evil, and don't dislike Christians, just pointing out to the "There's nothing wrong in the Bible" blokes that there's a lot wrong. I've studied Islam and the Bible and read both, and some of the geniused stuff they bring up about Muslims is total bs.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Making judgement on a persons faith is a simple indictment on one's self.

We are all part of the RL community questioning and then rubbishing one mans belief is another level , we have seen good and bad from many faiths , no man can be judged by a title , rather action of the man.

She may be preaching islam , she may /may not have a agenda , but im sure the last thing she wanted to do , was make people feel insecure.

In any world , in any business integrity is the first step , El Masri looks to have that , with his knowledge a man like him can be used to move forward with RL...

We all say theres many issues with the grass roots and behaviour levels of the junior game , we send El Masri out to a few training sessions a week , you really think that will be negative? no way..

I bet if he said ill donate x amount of pay to all major religious organizations , he would be a "confused individual with agendas" but if he said to the mosque this pay of mine will go , he will be seen as preaching the wrong messages