What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

griffo346

First Grade
guys i wont be on at all tomorrow (LU1) as i will be in the riverland watching a game of footy.

thing is i cant put anymore then 3 in my auto que :fist:

Johns Magic

Referee
victor get mig to pick for the guys that are holding you up

Can we do that for abpanther as well if he hasn't picked by 10?

I hate people having players picked for them but this just keeps happening and it's holding everyone else up.

Really if you refuse to do autopicks when you have no intention of checking the site regularly then you're just wrecking it for the others.

Last edited:

Franko

Juniors
Can we do that for abpanther as well if he hasn't picked by 10?

I hate people having players picked for them but this just keeps happening and it's holding everyone else up.

Really if you refuse to do autopicks when you have no intention of checking the site regularly then you're just wrecking it for the others.

Do we know for sure he didn't set up auto pick?

Big Mick

Referee
Far out lads...can you give Abpanther some compassion at least.

The guy has just lost a loved one and you expect him to be on the net and criticise him for not posting an autopick.

Its just sad to see people getting into him for not auto-picking...the season doesn't start for 7 days guys...its not the end of the world.

Big Mick

Referee
the draft ends tuesday

Well stop the press.

Want him to postpone the funeral till Wednesday to pick on a draft in a computer game?

Come on man....give the guy a break please...think if it was you who just lost a loved one...would you care about being online for this straight away....if you would care then you are one cold person...but the least you guys could do is just give him a couple of days...its not the end of the world.

Give him till tomorrow if he's not here then, then by all means autopick one...or i'm happy to step in and attempt to fill the void for him for a day or two to help him out...but please guys don't hammer him for this...not now..I beg of you.

griffo346

First Grade
fmd mick did i say that i didnt aim that at anyone and i didnt say anything ffs all i farkin said was its ends tuesday it was not aimed at him you fool

Johns Magic

Referee
Far out lads...can you give Abpanther some compassion at least.

The guy has just lost a loved one and you expect him to be on the net and criticise him for not posting an autopick.

Its just sad to see people getting into him for not auto-picking...the season doesn't start for 7 days guys...its not the end of the world.

I do have compassion for him, and I've said that already. I'm sorry for what happened, believe me.

I'm not trying to "get into him". I just don't see how clicking a couple of buttons and selecting autopicks is such a big deal. Everyone else manages to do it, and I just don't think it's fair to the rest of us to have to wait several hours for him to take a pick every round. He was online a few hours ago, if he knew he wasn't going to be back for a long time then it would've been courteous to put in autopicks.

I'm not going to be able to be here for the large part of tomorrow, and I would love to be able to knock over some picks now so that I can make decisions on who to put in my autolist.

Again, I'm very sorry for what's happened, but I don't see how putting autopicks down is that big an ask.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
fmd mick did i say that i didnt aim that at anyone and i didnt say anything ffs all i farkin said was its ends tuesday it was not aimed at him you fool

Really...so it happened to be directly after I said give him time, the season doesn't start for 7 days?...I guess it was just perfect placement...no worries :)

Don't get hot under the collar Sir Griff...all I said was give him time. If you wanna talk down to someone...look in a mirror sunshine...that's about the only person that'll listen.

Like I said, please just give him 1 day to at least see if he wants this competition any more and if he'll be back soon. Worst comes to worst, i'm happy to step in for Ab and help him with his squad until he's back....but i'm not doing that without his permission.

Thank you all for the consideration and compassion you are hopefully about to show to Ab here.

Big Mick

Referee
I do have compassion for him, and I've said that already. I'm sorry for what happened, believe me.

I'm not trying to "get into him". I just don't see how clicking a couple of buttons and selecting autopicks is such a big deal. Everyone else manages to do it, and I just don't think it's fair to the rest of us to have to wait several hours for him to take a pick every round. He was online a few hours ago, if he knew he wasn't going to be back for a long time then it would've been courteous to put in autopicks.

I'm not going to be able to be here for the large part of tomorrow, and I would love to be able to knock over some picks now so that I can make decisions on who to put in my autolist.

Again, I'm very sorry for what's happened, but I don't see how putting autopicks down is that big an ask.

Because it mightn't be the first thing on his mind might be a good guess?

If you just lost a loved one...would you think "damn...people are waiting for me...I better autopick"...come on man...I understand your frustration, believe me with regards to the picks...but is it the end of the world if it takes a day or two longer...no...is it gonna really matter in the scheme of things...hardly.

What if I pick one for him tonight, i'd need to look at his squad to see what he needs and who is available...that way you guys get at least one pick?

Monk

Referee
Monk City Oranges

Backs
1. Billy Slater
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Joel Monaghan
4. Mick DeVere
5. Steve Turner
R. Iosia Soliola
R. Ryan Williamson

Halves
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Jamie Soward (K)

Front Rowers:
8. Ben Cross
10. Todd Payten

Hookers:
9. Robbie Farah
R. PJ Marsh

Back Rowers:
11. Mark Minichiello
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Braith Anasta
R. David Kidwell

Monk

Referee
if anyone want me to do there picks tomorrow id be happy to, just give me a list of the guys you are after and ill be all over it.

Johns Magic

Referee
Because it mightn't be the first thing on his mind might be a good guess?

If you just lost a loved one...would you think "damn...people are waiting for me...I better autopick"...come on man...I understand your frustration, believe me with regards to the picks...but is it the end of the world if it takes a day or two longer...no...is it gonna really matter in the scheme of things...hardly.

What if I pick one for him tonight, i'd need to look at his squad to see what he needs and who is available...that way you guys get at least one pick?

Look, last night when griffo wanted to autopick for him because he was taking a while I said no. I'm not some obsessive maniac. But these few hours every round are adding up.

ab came online today, explained the situation and apologised for holding us up. The apology was of course unnecessary given the circumstances, it was all cool.

My only 'gripe' is that if he came online at all and made one pick, why couldn't he just put in a few so that everyone could continue. It's only a couple of button clicks after all. And for someone like me, who's not going to be here tomorrow, it would help my selections a lot.

Once again, I am compassionate to abpanther and his situation. What's happened is obviously terrible, and of course in no way do I expect a fantasy league site to be at the forefront of his mind. But by simply clicking a few buttons when he last came online, it would have helped the rest of us out a lot.

I'm doing my best not to sound like the bad guy, because really I'm not.

Big Mick

Referee
Look, last night when griffo wanted to autopick for him because he was taking a while I said no. I'm not some obsessive maniac. But these few hours every round are adding up.

ab came online today, explained the situation and apologised for holding us up. The apology was of course unnecessary given the circumstances, it was all cool.

My only 'gripe' is that if he came online at all and made one pick, why couldn't he just put in a few so that everyone could continue. It's only a couple of button clicks after all. And for someone like me, who's not going to be here tomorrow, it would help my selections a lot.

Once again, I am compassionate to abpanther and his situation. What's happened is obviously terrible, and of course in no way do I expect a fantasy league site to be at the forefront of his mind. But by simply clicking a few buttons when he last came online, it would have helped the rest of us out a lot.

I'm doing my best not to sound like the bad guy, because really I'm not.

I know your not mate.

I'll take a look for him and make a pick in the next 10-15 once I assess his squad...is that ok lads?

Latest posts