What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy NBA Competition : Take Two

thewizard1o1

Juniors
We have 14 teams El C, let get this rolling and do the draft so that we will have some time to trade and that before the season starts.

El Coconuto

Bench
Okay, the draft order has been set and taken to ready.

Thank you to those who took the time to sign up and to identify their team names. Unfortunately for those who didn't identify your team you have dropped a couple of places from the draft order (sorry, I couldn't work it any other way to be honest). This will be a close competition.

Good luck guys and gals.

For your convenience, here is a copy of your draft numbers for the upcoming draft (note: I can only set the draft to ready, the rest Yahoo does so don't come to me asking when it happens as this depends on Yahoo's automation process)

draftorder.jpg

Cheers :D

pug306

Juniors
Those invisible bench people can be stat monsters :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets see who I get to fill the spots :D

Morenito

Juniors
Well fellas the draft has happened and everyones got their teams set

Open to any trade discussions

thewizard1o1

Juniors
well, well, well at least i didn't get Jefferson again....Following players i will be looking to trade...Darius Miles, Chucky Atkins, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaun Bradley, Eric Piatkowski, Brian Scalabrine.

McLovin

Staff member
Hey wizard, ill trade you Dirk for Big ben straight up... if not we can add complimentary players...

Morenito

Juniors
Whats with the 5 day waiver period

damn i wanna pick up some players already

douglas any of your players available??
i like quite a few of your guys... let me know

Morenito said:
Whats with the 5 day waiver period

damn i wanna pick up some players already

douglas any of your players available??
i like quite a few of your guys... let me know

when i look at it maybe. :D

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Connell email me what you have in mind by the way of the multi player trade, i have no intrest in doing big ben for Dirk straight up.

El Coconuto

Bench
Okay well Yahoo completely screwed my picks around. What a joke! Something went horribly wrong with my team selections.

I'm absolutely beside myself! F*ck you Yahoo you piece of sh*t! #-o

Steve's Stars
Manager: canucksteve2000

PG G. Arenas (Was - PG)
SG V. Carter (Tor - GF)
SG B. Barry (SA - G)
G B. Gordon (Chi - G)
SF K. Garnett (Min - F)
PF S. Dalembert (Phi - FC)
F C. Butler (LAL - SF)
C E. Dampier (Dal - C)
C R. Nesterovic (SA - C)
Util W. Green (Phi - SG)
Util N. Collison (Sea - PF)
BN R. Murray (Sea - SG)
BN R. Miller (Ind - SG)
BN D. Mutombo (Hou - C)
BN J. Childress (Atl - GF)
BN D. Davis (GS - C)

Good looking squad, though I fear Mutombo and Dale Davis are not good stats players. At least, they don't score much.

my team

PG J. Terry (Dal - PG)
SG A. Iverson (Phi - SG)
SG J. Rose (Tor - G)
G C. Billups (Det - PG)
SF S. Marion (Pho - SF)
PF T. Thomas (NY - F)
F G. Hill (Orl - SF)
C R. Wallace (Det - FC)
C C. Bosh (Tor - FC)
Util C. Robinson (GS - FC)
Util W. Szczerbiak (Min - SF)
BN J. Hayes (Was - SF)
BN D. Mason (Mil - GF)
BN T. Lue (Hou - PG)
BN Q. Woods (Por - GF)
BN B. Bowen (Sa - SF)

i don't think i will get beat for assists especially with allan iverson switching to PG

Jonotallica

Juniors
PG S. Cassell (Min - PG)
SG J. Posey (Mem - GF)
SG L. Sprewell (Min - GF)
G D. Wade (Mia - PG)
SF M. Daniels (Dal - GF)
PF D. Howard (Orl - PF)
F E. Okafor (Cha - FC)
C L. Wright (Mem - C)
C J. White (Cha - C)
Util J. Williams (Mem - PG)
Util B. Wells (Mem - SG)
BN W. Person (Mia - SG)
BN L. Barbosa (Pho - PG)
BN D. Fisher (GS - PG)
BN R. Rogers (NO - F)
BN C. Ward (Hou - PG)

I had 7th pick and I refused Dirk Nowitski in favour of unproven rookie Dwight Howard. :lol: I'm only new at this. At the time I did the list I thought I'd be 10th pick or so, I thought Dirk would be taken and Howard would be a steal.

Not a bad team though, I'm quite happy because I'm confident most of the players I picked will have good seasons, even if they aren't ranked that high at this stage. (My highest pick is ranked 17)

Steve, I have a trade proposal for you. I have glut of guards and you seem to lack depth at the PG position, especially on your bench.

Would you want to trade Dikembe for Derek Fisher straight up? Fisher is ranked 170, and Mutombo is ranked 191 not to mention his risk of injury due to old age. :D I benefit because I have a lack of big men, and you add some depth to your PG position. I didn't get a true C until the FOURTEENTH round. :x

Jonotallica

Juniors
thewizard1o1 said:
well, well, well at least i didn't get Jefferson again....Following players i will be looking to trade...Darius Miles, Chucky Atkins, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaun Bradley, Eric Piatkowski, Brian Scalabrine.
I'm not interested in any of those players, but I'm interested in Juwan Howard or Pau Gasol or Lamar Odum, have a look at my roster and see if there is anyone that interests you.

One idea could be Odum (rank 16) for Cassell (17), meaning you could drop Atkins to the bench and give Damon Jones the flick, move Howard into Gasols slot, and move Haslem into Howards. Strengthening your PG depth and assists.

Jonotollica, that trade sounds good to me. But what is the result of losing a player of one position and gaining one of a different position? Does position affect the scoring system at all, or does it just go by stats?

You can probably see by my lack of knowledge about this fantasy game stuff, that I'm ripe to be taken advantage of. But I trust you. What good is a big man like Mutombo if he's going to play few minutes behind Yao, and only put up a few rebounds and blocks per game? Is there some advantage built into the game jusy in having another big man on your roster?

McLovin

Staff member
I am willing to trade anybody on my team, just make the trade fair please. I just had a trade proposed to me which was Baron Davis, Carmelo Anthony and Ben Wallace for three bums... #-o

Latest posts