What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQS and Questions for Mario

Mario

Juniors
crazy john said:
Hey Mario, I am not trying to be picky or anything but those grab and shake tackles really annoy me. In NZTiger's gameplay video 3/5 of the tackles were performed this way. However, in real life, about 5 out of 6 tackles go to ground. Has this go-to-ground tackle ratio been fixed up?

You can improve the chances of bringing a ball carrier to ground by adding more people into a tackle or doing a bigger hit.

If you want to bring the opposition to ground more often, you have to work for it...

Matta

Juniors
It's not the actaul grab-and-shake that annoys me... it's the way they let go. Watch it and you'll see.

NPK

Bench
Game sounds great! I have some questions that I don't think have been asked yet. Hope they don't sound too pedantic :)

1. In the demo, when the defensive team was chasing a player who had made a break, there were often 3 or 4 players chasing in single file and the faster players ran through their teammates which looked odd. Has this been changed? ie: defenders running beside each other to prevent a pass.

2. I know the players have a tackling rating, but does this depend on who they are tackling? eg. Is it possible in the game for Chris Walker to flatten Petero Civoneceva in a one-on-one dominant tackle, which would never happen in real life?

3. Will the AI show some urgency on the 5th tackle (or the last minute if they are down by only a few points) and kick it or desperately pass it wide to try to score, rather than do a hit-up?

Moffo

Referee
crazy john said:
I suppose this might be asking for too much but will there be another demo released?

So close to release, i really doubt it mate

Cheers,
Moffo

Matta

Juniors
I put the FAQ up guys, I made it specially for the poeple who are new to the game and don't know much yet. Have a read of it. It's in a different thread just in case you're wondering.

just a question that was similar to another one: in that screenshot, the tigers have orange numbers on their backs when they are really black, has this been fixed?

crazy john

Juniors
One last question (sorry Mario :oops: ). This is very picky but I believe it would be easily fixed. On NZTiger's gameplay video, the kickoff animation is not good. Instead of backing up from the ball and moving to the right, the kicker should back up and move to the left. I mean, you try it - it is very hard to come in from that angle, hit it from the side of your foot and make the ball go anywhere except over the left touchline. I could do without it but I believe it is one of those finishing touches that would be appreciated.

Matta

Juniors
crazy john said:
One last question (sorry Mario :oops: ). This is very picky but I believe it would be easily fixed. On NZTiger's gameplay video, the kickoff animation is not good. Instead of backing up from the ball and moving to the right, the kicker should back up and move to the left. I mean, you try it - it is very hard to come in from that angle, hit it from the side of your foot and make the ball go anywhere except over the left touchline. I could do without it but I believe it is one of those finishing touches that would be appreciated.

He moves to the right because he's kicking to the left side of the field. The run-up is straight.

crazy john

Juniors
Matta said:
crazy john said:

He moves to the right because he's kicking to the left side of the field. The run-up is straight.

If you are going to kick to the left side of the field, you would run up from directly behind the ball. Next time you have access to a football, try it, you will see. To kick to the right (for a right-footer) you run in on a 90 degree angle, to kick to the middle it is about a 45 degree angle, and to kick to the LEFT you run in on a 0 degree angle (directly behind the ball). Oh well, I don't want to argue anymore.

Matta

Juniors
crazy john said:
Matta said:
crazy john said:

If you are going to kick to the left side of the field, you would run up from directly behind the ball. Next time you have access to a football, try it, you will see. To kick to the right (for a right-footer) you run in on a 90 degree angle, to kick to the middle it is about a 45 degree angle, and to kick to the LEFT you run in on a 0 degree angle (directly behind the ball). Oh well, I don't want to argue anymore.

Sorry, but I'm just saying what Mario said in a different thread.

JoeD

First Grade
How acurate is the fatigue? For example if a player sits around doing nothing does he get fatigued at the same rate as a player who has made 25 tackles in a half? Also how long on the bench does it take for a player to fully recover?

probably the last question ill write till the game comes out Mario or Vodka.... but,
is the AI aware of the time left in the game? For example, would you find that if scores were level with a few minutes to go a computer opponent would throw the ball around willy nilly or try to charge down an attempt at a field goal? I am aware that some teams have more flair than others in the game but it would be a shame if desperate times didn't call for desperate measures and some more boring attacking teams wont chance their arms a bit

TripleM

Juniors
I Bent my Wookie said:
probably the last question ill write till the game comes out Mario or Vodka.... but,
is the AI aware of the time left in the game? For example, would you find that if scores were level with a few minutes to go a computer opponent would throw the ball around willy nilly or try to charge down an attempt at a field goal? I am aware that some teams have more flair than others in the game but it would be a shame if desperate times didn't call for desperate measures and some more boring attacking teams wont chance their arms a bit

Yeah, the AI is affected by lots of things including how much time is left.

lionmaul

Juniors
Mario said:
crazy john said:
Hey Mario, I am not trying to be picky or anything but those grab and shake tackles really annoy me. In NZTiger's gameplay video 3/5 of the tackles were performed this way. However, in real life, about 5 out of 6 tackles go to ground. Has this go-to-ground tackle ratio been fixed up?

You can improve the chances of bringing a ball carrier to ground by adding more people into a tackle or doing a bigger hit.

If you want to bring the opposition to ground more often, you have to work for it...

Actually, three of the five tackles go to the ground, it just that on the last tackle the player offloads before he goes down. And if you look closely at the other tackles they don't seem like they are in good position to bring the ball carrier down.
Cheers and Salu

B_Tiger

Juniors
1- with a team like wests tigers that have two home grounds, is it possible to play exclusively at one stadium? Or, would a custom league and team have to be created to play exclusively at one of the stadiums?

Thanks for your time.

devonuto

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
1- with a team like wests tigers that have two home grounds, is it possible to play exclusively at one stadium? Or, would a custom league and team have to be created to play exclusively at one of the stadiums?

Thanks for your time.

In season mode, you play at the same stadiums that they played at this year... the season is exactly the same... so if in round 9 they played at a certain stadium, it will be the same in the game...

Someone, if it's not in there, can you add this to the FAQ thread.

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Mario,
can we make say a old nonexisting team anymore like for example the north sydney bears. will there be a red white and black jersey we can choose for the bears and a bears logo ?????????????????