What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQS and Questions for Mario

JoeD

First Grade
I see you say any team can play any team, for example NZ v warriors, does that mean there will be 2 Stacey Jones' , 2 Francis Meli's, etc on the field at once?

Jared27

Juniors
Hey guys

Once a team has run out on to the field do they stretch and warm (close ups like in fifa 2003) and show the line ups or does the game just start straight away?

Cheers

Moffo

Referee
JoeD said:
I see you say any team can play any team, for example NZ v warriors, does that mean there will be 2 Stacey Jones' , 2 Francis Meli's, etc on the field at once?

Id be guessing there will be. Meli on Meli, clash of the titans!

Cheers,
Moffo

Matta

Juniors
If it's an AI Game, how would players do what they do in real life? I'm not saying special "moves" but like almost every Newcastle kick goes to Johns, or Wing kicking 40-20s out of dummy-half (I know he doesn't do that a lot but he does do it recently), or like Campbell defending way out. Or would all these be played as defaults, so Gidley or Buderus gets to kick as much as other five-eighths or hookers, or so Campbell defends where a five-eighth normally does.

If the teams are played similarly, how often do non-kicker locks or hookers kick, like Ricketson or Bosnich?

Mario

Juniors
JoeD said:

Yes.

angelus

Juniors
Geeeeeeeeeeeze you sure are giving mario a work out. Wouldn't you like to be surprised when you play the game. Personally, I wouldn't want to know every single detail.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I just want to know if you can intercept the ball and if so is it just a matter of getting in the defensive line or do you have to push a special button?

Mario

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
What stats does it keep? ie leading tryscorer, top tackler...

There are about 17 stats per player and 22 stats per team which you can review in either a summary form or for the last game.

DvdHntr said:
I just want to know if you can intercept the ball and if so is it just a matter of getting in the defensive line or do you have to push a special button?

Happens automatically if the player is positioned right.

DvdHntr said:
Has the goal kicking element changed since the demo? It is easier to control the length of a kick off?

Yes. Yes.

devonuto

Juniors
One more time for good luck...

I was just wondering, When on attack, players like Rhys Wesser, and Blacklock etc. Do they follow the ball around the park trying to sniff out a try, or do they just stay in a certain position in the line?

JoeD

First Grade
There are about 17 stats per player and 22 stats per team which you can review in either a summary form or for the last game.

Cool, I love stats, the more the better :D :D

Meli on Meli, clash of the titans!

I think on current form only Meli can stop Meli :p

On the other hand Meli's defence isn't that great so you could probably say that Meli would run all over Meli. How many times can you have The word Meli in one post? :p

roosterman57

Juniors
Hi mario. Ive just got a couple of questions:

1-Will there be a man of the match at the end of a game.

2-i herd that when attempting a long punt the time slows down into "bullet time".Is this true.

3-Can referees make the wrong decision at times.

4-When will the aussie boxsheet for the game come out.

5-Is the boxsheet the same for all platforms.

Alan Shore

First Grade
1. Is the AI of both your players, and CPU controlled players, good enough for them not to be stupid like in Rugby 2001 where, if the ball is near the sideline, they step into touch 99% of the time?

2. Will players actually jump for bombs?

3. Is the chip kick button separate to the bomb button? In the crap Rugby 2001, the only way to exeute a chip was to hold down bomb and reduce the distance, but that was impossible.

4. Can scrums go against the feed?

5. What is the maximum goalkicker's distance? 60m would probably be fair.

***MH***

Bench
Mario said:
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
That just shows that sony are scared microsoft are about to take the lead in OZ...they didn't have a problem advertising Game cube in AFL because Gamecube is no real threat to them :roll:

Neither Sony nor Microsoft allow competitor platforms to be featured within a title. If GameCube was featured in the PS2 version of AFL then I would suggest this slipped through Sony QA.

As for the international teams, only Australia, NZ, and GB will feature but you could always create the others.

just in comparison...
NZ Kiwis arn't sponsered by Konami anymore are they? Would that have conflicted with Sidhe's / HES' interest?

are Sidhe or HES looking to sponsor Rugby League in any shape or form?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Tamazoid said:
3. Is the chip kick button separate to the bomb button? In the crap Rugby 2001, the only way to exeute a chip was to hold down bomb and reduce the distance, but that was impossible.

In Rugby i was able to do chips they were hard but i mastered it. With the bullet time style kicking this will be much easier even if it is the same button.......

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Tamazoid said:

In Rugby i was able to do chips they were hard but i mastered it. With the bullet time style kicking this will be much easier even if it is the same button.......

It would also mean it you had a crosshair aim on the balls bounce location that last tackle punts could be directed to the place you want them and not simply downfield to the waiting fullback.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Tamazoid said:

No matter how hard I try, I can't do 'em!

***MH***

Bench
my turn for some questions!!!

1. How many different referee's are there?
2. What attributes do the refs have? (such as speed, desicion accuracy, etc..)
3. Do the refs have a selection of uniforms or is it automatic?
4. Can Touch Judges run on the field to make a report to the ref?
5. How is the referee's and touch judges positioning in general play implemented in the game?
6. How many rules are in the game and can they be switched on/off?
7. How much research into the rule books was done to develop the game?
8. Does the crowd abuse the ref when a dubious decision comes around?
9. If four players from one team is sent off in a game, does that team forfiet? (there can be no less than 10 players fielding a side.)
10. Can the referee sustain injuries?

Paullyboy

Coach
Please tell me your joking, Im a ref too and I couldnt give a rats arse about what they do in the game.

Latest posts