What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah and Lawrence in Aust Squad

holman

Juniors
Congratulations to Robbie and Chris on making the Kangaroos final squad today. A fitting reward for your efforts this year, thanks for a great year for the Wests Tigers fans, all the best for the 4 nations tournament.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
given the small number of genuine centres in the squad, I wouldn't be surprised if Lawry plays in 2 matches.

Farah may play just one, against the Kumuls

Perth Tiger

Bench
Well done to both of them. Perhaps it does help to have a rep coach.

How both of these guys missed selection for NSW is beyond me but as a Qlder I wasn't too bothered :)

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Lawrence must be a near certainty for that left centre spot with Tonga the only other regular left side centre. Tate plays right so unless Hayne is moved to centre (suggested today in the smh) then he only needs to beat out Tonga.

And agreed on Farah, will likely only get one jersey with Kidley likely to come off the bench.

Joecool

Juniors
Oh look whos posted old tiger hawk well said mate ...............pissoff and go back to your basketball crap

macnaz

Staff member
Oh look whos posted old tiger hawk well said mate ...............pissoff and go back to your basketball crap
WHy do u bother posting here? U have f**k all to say about footy so is there any point to your BS :crazy:

macnaz

Staff member
Well done to both of them. Perhaps it does help to have a rep coach.

How both of these guys missed selection for NSW is beyond me but as a Qlder I wasn't too bothered :)

Well i heard yesterday that the NSW selectors have or will all be sacked for next year, so perhaps they may now have a chance. Has anyone heard this in the media anywhere?

Bricey

Juniors
Well i heard yesterday that the NSW selectors have or will all be sacked for next year, so perhaps they may now have a chance. Has anyone heard this in the media anywhere?

not heard anything on the selectors, but did read with intrest in the Australian today that stinky.... ahh, i mean sticky is Daley's choice for the coaches job. This of course would all mean nothing, seeing as how daley stood down after the last series.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...an-for-tough-job/story-e6frg7mf-1225935666343

gronkathon

First Grade
Lote makes sense in the sense that Hayne would be used as a hard running weapon on kick returns and Lote also offers that. Boyd offers more finesse and ball playing but when you have Cronk, Slater and Smith their you do not need any more ball playing options

gronkathon

First Grade
I can only imagine incumbancy and the ability to play change up hooker which Carney stated he was not comfortable with in press commitments.

macnaz

Staff member
Wolfman would disagree.

He certainly has the ability to score a try but overall he is a sellfish player who rarely looks to offlooad or create chances for others. In defence i think Lawrence has made something like 400 tackles to Tonga's 200. Anyway its only PNG and we will win reagrdless, but i just dont like ppl gettting picked ahead of more deserving players... That goes for Lote being picked ahead of Boyd, Lote has had a good year but his defence has been quite poor IMO.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
are the tigers the only club side in the world to provide test players to 3 or the 4 teams in the 4 nations?

westie

Bench
If we picked players from OS and he didn't cop a late injury, then Wigan should have had 3, with Richards on our wing.

Sharks have Aiton, Gallen and, stretching it to next year, J Smith.