What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah or Buderus?

Farah or Buderus

• Total voters

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Buderus....just.
Theres no doubt Farrah will be our next test hooker, but i also would not rule out the Kerrod Walters clone, Aaron Payne!

Eddie.

Bench
There is no way I would swap farah for Buderus.

Buderus would not of set up half the tries Robbie has over the last season and a bit. he simply has not got the attacking creativity and kicking game of Robbie.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Eddie. said:
There is no way I would swap farah for Buderus.

Buderus would not of set up half the tries Robbie has over the last season and a bit. he simply has not got the attacking creativity and kicking game of Robbie.

Yep, good call. Buderus is miles ahead of Farah in defence but in attack Farah is probably the best hooker in the world at the moment. And Farah is no cat in defence either.

Jono078

Referee
Farah has play around 15 starting games at hooker and 2 games this year.

Has been great, But Buderus has been pretty good for the past 6 or so years.

Buderus gets my vote, but Farah is good and will probably one day be as good if not better than Buderus (obviously some already think he is better).

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Danny Who??????

Farah...but watch for a kid called Kevin Kingston to be amongst these discussions in the next few months.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Buderus by a long way. He's been consistent for the last 5 years at least. Farah still has a bit of a way to go before he's in the same league as Bedsy.

DeeGan

Bench
Danny Buderus as I posted in another thread is the best hooker in the game at any level (best I have seen pipping Steve Walters and Ben Elias) and there is still a good gap between him and the second best in the game.

Robbie Farrah is the heir apparent to the NSW jersey and is potentially a great player - I wouldn't like to see another Wests Tigers player pressured by unfair comparisons at his early age where his best football in front of him.

Jono078

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Danny Who??????

Farah...but watch for a kid called Kevin Kingston to be amongst these discussions in the next few months.

Yeah he has been awsome this year and the few games he had last year.

Jono078

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
Why does consistency matter? The question is who is better at the moment.

Where does it say that?

Even atm Buderus would be better, Farah has played 2 games this year (which have been good) lol and Buderus' games have been great also.

DeeGan

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
Why does consistency matter? The question is who is better at the moment.

Consistency over a sustained period is needing to be considered when discussing who the better hooker is in 2006 or who the better player is overall. Consistency is a trait of any great player in any era of the game, in any professional athlete, it has to be thought of when answering the question.

At the moment, the best hooker in the game bar none is Danny Buderus.

Comparing a player yet to make 50 first grade games to a seasoned representative player in Buderus who has done it all in the game is quite simply unfair on the talented Farrah.

Sharkie™

Juniors
buderus just because he has the whole been there done that thing to him, but farah like others have said has youth on his side and will be a future rep player.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I wouldn't swap Farah for Buderus. So I voted Farah.

Attacking wise he is the best, with a great kicking game to add to his bag of tricks. In defence, Buderus clips him, but Farah is no slouch here either.

Both are great players. Buderus approaching the end of his career, Farah just beginning his. And he's already won a premiership so he's in good stead.

I honestly believe Farah is our most important player, more so than Marshall. We just can't replace the direction he brings to our side.

We may not be as flashy without Benji but we can still win. I don't think we can win all too many games without Farah starting our plays from dummy half - he is just too good to replace.

Latest posts